PC - AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro - Round 4 - Brno - 27/07/16 - 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro - Round 4 - Brno - 27/07/16 - 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokemon

Formula Karter
May 30, 2016
This game is ****ing broken. 1 week of practicing for the race, finally being confident, was hoping for my first top 5 finish. Got into 3rd position and kept on it till the 7th lap or so, when this game caused my PC to completely shut down... Again as in Monaco. I know that nothing is overheating and everything is fine hardware-wise. Damn Project Cars.
Yes damn project cars -_- :-(. I spent hours setting up the car on a boring track for the game to glitch me out :-/

Masesox

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 19, 2016
Big sorry to all i pissed off tonite... i havent much expierence in that much wheel to wheel. I hope i gave back places to all i knocked about and again BIG SOZ

Reactions: marcoboyle

Yuriznikov

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 2, 2016
Good race! Unlike yesterdays social race i had put in an extra hour of car-tuning yesterday and it definitely paid off. The car was much more stable and it was a little easier to control even if the tyres were degrading pretty fast.

I managed to spin it a few times in the opening laps of the race (lap 1-10 pretty much) and decided to try a 1 stopper to make up some time as a 2 stopper was my actual planning.
Had a good battle with @kubbak later in the race where did you go?. Yet i did spend perhaps 50% of the race with noone around me, which was fine as i had to nurse the tyres which were absolutely wrecked by the end.

I ended up in P6, which was WAY better than what i expected, my best result so far in the corvette and the league.

I absolutely love these manual rolling starts, everyone in the Semi pro league is a turn 1 hero, i dont think i have seen any questionable moves in the start of any of these 4 races.

Grats to @grobi0815 for the win, well deserved! =) Hopefully more to come for you.

Now if you all will excuse me im going to pack some more stuff to head towards the 24h of Spa race tomorrow evening ;)

Foggyn1

Pro Karter
Jun 28, 2016

I finished 4th in the end. Came back from last.

Think i had the pace to hang at the front too but this guy took me out on lap 1.

Stokemon

Formula Karter
May 30, 2016

12:52 is the glitch I got. No idea why only my mike recorded, will have to check that out.

This is the first time I have ever recorded anything!

xNinja

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 6, 2016
First off, Congrats @grobi0815 on the win! Drove a controlled race and managed to keep me behind for the majority of the race!

First start was abandoned due to cars stuck on the grid and the second start turned out to be a success! Followed behind @grobi0815 for nearly the whole race just trying to pull away from the chasing pack so we could score some good team points! Once i knew we were far enough in front i decided to try and attack him in the 2nd stint, got close and even past him 1 time but to no avail as i lost the car into the braking zone and did a half spin :(. Was a really solid race for me to get 2nd but tyre wear was really annoying throughout and the wheel rattle was unbearable.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Very unlucky there @Stokemon but there was nothing that I could do, even @TheKillSwitchhh got stuck in the same issue.

Race itself went ok, I started P20 in the end after @the1337est and @DozerKitty had issues which was better, managed to take a couple of positions around turn 1 - I don't think @Coennos expected me to go around the outside of him into Turn 1 :)

I later met @Kvaser in the twisty section and managed to slip up the inside, he gave me a lot of room - more than you needed to, but again, a very fair driver. I managed to get a couple of slingshot moves down the main straight and got @marcoboyle this way, I then caught up to @Masesox who after a very iffy return to track managed to bunch up 4 of us up.

Later on I attempted an overtake into Turn 3 (end of Sector 1) where @Masesox cut across and swiped me, my car started to spin, but I managed to hold it - I think @marcoboyle would have got quite a nice view of this.

Once I had cleared @Masesox due to a pit, I caught up to @kubbak - I think you were struggling with your tyres and so I passed you into the penultimate corner. I then spotted my next target and it was @Paradyski who was struggling on tyre wear, me and my teammate went to undercut you and we both did it successfully. The next duo up ahead were the two McLaren's of iPro. They were 20 seconds up ahead and I knew due to the altitude that the turbo in the McLaren would be strong and it was, my only way I could catch up was on tyre wear and so I managed them as best as I can and that gap dropped and dropped, if I had been given another full stint, I think I could have caught up :p

Other than that, very happy with P3.

TheKillSwitchh

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 23, 2015
@ramdrop, Yeah I got glitched at the start of the race unfortunatly :( I was actually really looking forward to finally start racing again and in a proper league but Oh well... I hope when I het Back from vacation in France I Will be able to score some points

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
@ramdrop, Yeah I got glitched at the start of the race unfortunatly :( I was actually really looking forward to finally start racing again and in a proper league but Oh well... I hope when I het Back from vacation in France I Will be able to score some points
Nothing I can do about the glitches I'm afraid.

What races will you miss?

marcoboyle

Formula Karter
Jun 26, 2016
Was a weird race for me, I thought i would be so far off the mid-pack pace compared to where i usually am but it was surprisingly, the same as usual pace-wise in the end. What was annoying though was my FFB kept coming in and out, meaning i had no feeling in the wheel of grip or anything. Im sure its something buggy in the game when its syncing online or something but its affected all three races ive been in.

I also (surprisingly) had about the same tyre wear as every other race this season but i made 3 boo-boo's:
1. for some inexplicable reason i thought it was a 35 lap race. So i planned on 2 stops.
2. i forgot to come in when i planned. :facepalm:
3. when i did come in the next lap the tyres didnt get changed. Dont know why. :inpain:
This meant i ran a very slow end to both stints as the tyres ran out but i still ended up doing two stops. I dont think i would have really finished any higher though so c'est la vie.

Race was enjoyable at the beginning, when someone was causing a bit of a train and I ended up having a couple of good dices with @ramdrop and @OmegaIV. I knew you were faster so tried to not interfere too much as you weren't really in the same race as me long term but i tried to make you work for it a bit - as fairly as possible. I did get a good view of you getting swiped o_O and was entertaining watching you having to do it all over again as a much faster car.

Also had a good battle with @kubbak before my stops and then at the end when he caught me and i tried to (again as fairly as possible) to hold him off on old tyres. I knew him getting past with good tyres was again, inevitable, but it was fun all the same.

I also havent spun or had any incidents in any qualifying, warmup or race sessions yet. Dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing because clearly im not on the limit but it seems I'm more of a Max Chilton than a Max Verstappen. :(

On to our first wet race of the season next! :bag:

Reactions: Masesox

TheKillSwitchh

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 23, 2015
Nothing I can do about the glitches I'm afraid.

What races will you miss?
I will be missing the next two races. I'm going on vacation this sunday and I will be comming back the 16th. That means I'll be missing two races because I'm comming back on a tuesday so I'll be able to race on wednesday :D

GA89

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 21, 2015
Well lost my P13 streak so i guess its time to quit :D
Made so many unnecessary mistakes, really disapointed in myself, but overall it was still a fun race. Shame that my game froze at the end after finishing, didn't get to save replay, on the other hand, lucky it didn't freeze before race was over :D

Col.McCoy

F1 Triple Champion
May 26, 2016
Hi guys,
Nice to see you had some nice strategies and battles going on!
Good job in not letting @ramdrop take this win ;-).

Since round 5 is not up yet in the forum, I'm posting here: I'll be setting up lobby today at around 16:00 EST (14 UTC) and tomorrow, probably whole day with the upcoming round. Feel free to join, I'll be on TS AOR as well.
As always, password as usual. Add me on steam if you can't remember or want easy access ;-) (col_mccoy)

• Informative
Reactions: Paradyski
Status
Not open for further replies.