PC - AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro - Round 6 - Dubai International - 10/08/16 - 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro - Round 6 - Dubai International - 10/08/16 - 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Round 6 - Dubai Autodrome International
GT3 - Season 5

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 10th August 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 40 Laps (1 formation lap + 39 racing laps)

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slots:
- Clear

In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 12:00
- Race start time: 12:00
- Race finish time: 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:
At the start of sector 3, under the Dubai Autodrome sign.

Acceleration Zone:
Out of the final corner, from the end of the red/white kerb on the left side, to the start line.

(Track map image)

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed No Shows
@PhantomHamster
@Stokemon
@TheKillSwitchhh

Possible No Shows
@Col.McCoy

Last edited:

p n k

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 29, 2015
Can not wait for this one. Yes it is boring. Yes it has runoff areas. Yes it is not a legendary track. But I expect a good result here.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
The walls are thick and far from the track and there is no grass, your favourite @p n k

Also the home race of my team, so 1,2,3 is possible.

p n k

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 29, 2015
The walls are thick and far from the track and there is no grass, your favourite @p n k

Also the home race of my team, so 1,2,3 is possible.
I only have a problem with grass when its wet :blackeye:

I just hope that overtaking will be easier, and keeping the pace steady too.

Stokemon

Formula Karter
May 30, 2016
I'll need a map for this one. Only been round the track once ever before, and because it all looks the same on telly I'm not sure what to expect.

I may get lost somewhere on all that run off and require direction!

frankodrose

F1 Champion
Jun 13, 2016
This is going to be a fun one after my 6th place I don't know what to expect here probably finish the race :D

• Winner
Reactions: Masesox

Nismo

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2016
First time at the track, gonna practice a lot. This time ima aim to beat @p n k
Hit me up iff you guys wanna drive :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: p n k

frankodrose

F1 Champion
Jun 13, 2016
I have a lobby open feel free to join the more the better it is if you wanna join add me on steam:frankodrose or if you already have me just join :D the lobby will be open till around 22:00 CEST time :D

xNinja

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 6, 2016
Yet another track i don't have a clue about, I should really stay away from CM Games for a bit :confused:

Nismo

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2016
Just had a practice session with @Suki136 Drove the track for a while, later on @Xenon91 from the GT3 Elite League joined (I Believe this is your forum name =[CRG]= E.Klaassens, Correct me if I'm wrong) and helped me a lot with my setup and the lines I should take. General thought progress, really cool stuff. Managed to do a 1.34.919 Already, Still improvement to make but really happy with the result this far! :)

xNinja

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 6, 2016
I feel like I'm doing something fundamentally wrong with this track lol. Stuck in the 1.37s on Race Fuel.

p n k

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 29, 2015
I had only done 5 laps or so on the race fuel, did not touch the setup too much. Managed to do 1:35:4, I think tomorrow when I will be practicing more I hope to hit 1.34 flat on the race fuel.

Yuriznikov

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 2, 2016
Meh, kind of regretting taking the Corvette out for this season more and more. This is amongst one of the tracks that the vette really struggles hard at. The straightline speed is not there let alone the braking performance which makes me lose a lot of time on corner entry mostly.

1.36:5 is the best i could do so far (on quali fuel), i need about a second at least but struggle even finding a tenth most of the times o_O

Nismo

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2016
Yay! After some more laps I managed to improve quite a bit, pb currently at: 1.34.512

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Meh, kind of regretting taking the Corvette out for this season more and more. This is amongst one of the tracks that the vette really struggles hard at. The straightline speed is not there let alone the braking performance which makes me lose a lot of time on corner entry mostly.

1.36:5 is the best i could do so far (on quali fuel), i need about a second at least but struggle even finding a tenth most of the times o_O
You'll get there, you do lose a lot of time on corner entry and what not, I tried something before I went off and that was to increase my downforce at the front and rear and it gained me a few tenths here or there so maybe something worth trying, I dunno?

Got to play with the setup a few more times, couple of tweaks here and there and should be okay.

Didn't help it was Slow fuel and not real :p

• Agree
Reactions: Nismo
Status
Not open for further replies.