PS4 - AOR Pro GT3 - Round 5 - BATHURST - 20/4/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Pro GT3 - Round 5 - BATHURST - 20/4/16 @ 8:00pm

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Just to make everyone aware, I will be broadcasting tonights race from my view point. Voice chat won't be broadcast though. I intend to broadcast each time I race.

Does anyone else broadcast their racing?
I have been this season, but tonight I'm not sure if I should today if I'm hosting.
Basically, if @Defiant195 is back in time I'll stream. If not, I'll have to figure out something else lol

Reactions: Andoryu

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Can't help matey, but for the racing, I hope that You'll decide to come, but I do understand the predicament.

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
@Bankai_Bullett & everyone. Have arranged to take my sisters car home early, so I will try to make it home by 7:50. If I have not received an invite by the time my lobby is up then I will host as normal.

@CragglesD that's some predicament mate, I don't envy you. If it's important and you think you need the help then get it is my advice.

• Informative
Reactions: Bankai_Bullett

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Alright chaps,

Just popping in to say that this is by far the most challenging circuit we've raced at in the GT3 leagues. As such this is just a little reminder that you can absolutely end your race on lap 1 here.

There's the sticky car thing, there's little/no run off so don't divebomb 3 people in one corner because it's very narrow and you'll all end up in a wall which is not fun.

Take it easy, and enjoy yourselves! :)

pcsolima

2 times AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Dec 27, 2015
Hi guys,

Sadly I think I'm not going to be able to participate.

A massive thunderstorm just hit my home town and I'm currently with no Internet access (sending this through my mobile).

If it comes up, I will try to connect.

Cheers,

• Informative

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016

My broadcast^

---------------
Skip to 37:42 for Qualifying start.
Skip to 49:45 for Fastest Qualifying Lap: 2:07.771
Skip to 58:22 for Race start.
---------------

Right, where's our hosts!

Last edited:

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
Q 12th : R 6th

I'll take that. Was not enjoying the track and felt like I hadn't cracked the setup (although by the end of the race I was being quite smooth and consistent). So content with 6th.

Someone mind to avoid some end of first lap carnage to get up to 5th, which became 4th after the Corvette ahead crashed.

Was holding back @Andoryu for around 12 laps (with @Newy656 close behind), making my BMW as wide as it's ever been haha!

Then when Bankai lost his wheel I got a little too excited and lost the back end braking for the final downhill section. A similar mistake a few laps later saw me pitting for repairs and tyres on lap 16. After that it was just a case of getting it home.

Annoyingly by the end of the race I'd learned how to properly do the corner I span twice on. And I set my best lap on the last lap! So with more practice I could have done better with that podium fight.

Tough track. Glad it's over!

Last edited:

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Well....... that was depressing!:mad:

Q: 1st..... THAT MEANS POLE POSITION PEOPLE!!! Finally, a BMW gets beat!
Really thought I wouldn't be that quick here tbh, based off my track knowledge and.... well, ability.
That said, I've put a lot of effort into this one over the last few weeks to be competitive and it paid off... and then some lol

Left it to the last minute to put it all on the line. 5 minutes to go and I headed out for a complete balls to the wall effort to at least beat the 4-hundredth gap @machwebb had over me.
Dunno how (like really, I have no idea), but I managed to gain 1sec going up-over-down the mountain. That put me in the 2:03's coming onto Conrod!:nailbiting:
Final time - 2:03.805.... Officially the fastest time across EVERY Pro league on AOR :smug:
(Pole lap on my vid starts at 12:40)

R: Best start of my season so far. No wheelspin, good traction and acceleration (Twin-Turbo FTW) and the aim of leaving T1 in the lead... Not an easy task considering I had a very Orange Macca on my right and a properly tight corner to navigate at the same time lol

Still, made it through the start, in the lead (I KNOW!) and now it was just a race of consistency, because I wasn't going to win otherwise lol
@machwebb and I were easily the fastest on pace today. We soon left the rest of the field and proceeded to have a really nice battle for the lead. It was a race of tension, that's for damn sure!

Until L10... now this is were my depression and Uber-RAGE! sets in.
Coming up to Skyline, I braked for the start of The Esses as normal, but my car hit a bump or something and I bounced around the first part of The Esses to meet a very nice Aussie by the name of Big 'F**kin' Tire Barrier... He stole a wheel from me. :cry:

There it was, me, handing a possible race win to @machwebb who was either smart or lucky enough to be far enough back to avoid my mutilation. :banghead::mad::banghead::mad::banghead::mad:

Limped back to the pits.
Got lapped twice.
Stopped stream, because who wants to watch a very lapped car try to unlap itself...
Finished 11th overall.

I'm so angry at myself for screwing up so spectacularly... It's S3 Watkins Glen all over again!
I let the team down and not to mention that my points position isn't exactly brilliant, so a race win would've down wonders for both championships...

Well down to @machwebb for your first AOR win and your marvellous clairvoyance.
Nice job @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o for finishing higher than I honestly thought you would... all things considered lol
And whomever finished 3rd, well done to you!(y)

Onto Watkins Glen then, and I WILL GET A WIN IF IT KILLS ME..... or someone else:shifty::p

(I'm aware I was lagging some, so I apologise for that @machwebb. I need to think up another plan on recording my races I reckon)

Last edited:

mgdunn22

Pro Karter
Nov 20, 2015
Q:3 R:7

Good qualifying, 3rd was thebest that was available with the pace of the front 2, congrats @Bankai_Bullett on the pole

Race was a different story, got a decent start but @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o got past into the first corner then got turned round at the corner end of Conrod straight and fell to the back of the pack, then on the second lap under steered into the tiers at Griffins bend and had quite a bit of damage and I was just a case of recover the most out of the race. Well done @machwebb on your first win.

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Well....... that was depressing!:mad:

Q: 1st..... THAT MEANS POLE POSITION PEOPLE!!! Finally, a BMW gets beat!
Really thought I wouldn't be that quick here tbh, based off my track knowledge and.... well, ability.
That said, I've put a lot of effort into this one over the last few weeks to be competitive and it paid off... and then some lol

Left it to the last minute to put it all on the line. 5 minutes to go and I headed out for a complete balls to the wall effort to at least beat the 4-hundredth gap @machwebb had over me.
Dunno how (like really, I have no idea), but I managed to gain 1sec going up-over-down the mountain. That put me in the 2:03's coming onto Conrod!:nailbiting:
Final time - 2:03.804.... Officially the fastest time across EVERY Pro league on AOR :smug:
(Pole lap on my vid starts at 12:40)

R: Best start of my season so far. No wheelspin, good traction and acceleration (Twin-Turbo FTW) and the aim of leaving T1 in the lead... Not an easy task considering I had a very Orange Macca on my right and a properly tight corner to navigate at the same time lol

Still, made it through the start, in the lead (I KNOW!) and now it was just a race of consistency, because I wasn't going to win otherwise lol
@machwebb and I were easily the fastest on pace today. We soon left the rest of the field and proceeded to have a really nice battle for the lead. It was a race of tension, that's for damn sure!

Until L10... now this is were my depression and Uber-RAGE! sets in.
Coming up to Skyline, I braked for the start of The Esses as normal, but my car hit a bump or something and I bounced around the first part of The Esses to meet a very nice Aussie by the name of Big 'F**kin' Tire Barrier... He stole a wheel from me. :cry:

There it was, me, handing a possible race win to @machwebb who was either smart or lucky enough to be far enough back to avoid my mutilation. :banghead::mad::banghead::mad::banghead::mad:

Limped back to the pits.
Got lapped twice.
Stopped stream, because who wants to watch a very lapped car try to unlap itself...
Finished 11th overall.

I'm so angry at myself for screwing up so spectacularly... It's S3 Watkins Glen all over again!
I let the team down and not to mention that my points position isn't exactly brilliant, so a race win would've down wonders for both championships...

Well down to @machwebb for your first AOR win and your marvellous clairvoyance.
Nice job @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o for finishing higher than I honestly thought you would... all things considered lol
And whomever finished 3rd, well done to you!(y)

Onto Watkins Glen then, and I WILL GET A WIN IF IT KILLS ME..... or someone else:shifty::p

(I'm aware I was lagging some, so I apologise for that @machwebb. I need to think up another plan on recording my races I reckon)
I'll take that as complement as I thought 4th would be the best I could achieve here. Congrats on that pole timetime. That was mega quick. I noticed in the elite pc league that the top 3 were all bentleys and we're miles quicker than the rest of the field. God damn altitude.

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Q6 : R4

First, I want to say congratulations to everyone who was there last night. That first lap over the mountain was nothing short of brilliant. Everyone kept to their little part of the race track, and we all followed each other very cleanly in the tight twisties. I know there was a coming together near the end of the lap, but I honestly thought the race would be over for half the field after the first few corners!

Onto my race. First off I was totally mugged off the line. As you can see by my stream I just didnt get underway! The only reason I can think for this, was I had been playing Dirt a lot the day before, and you get underway on that by holding the handbrake and flooring it. So when it came to the 5s countdown that came into my mind and for a moment I had completely forgotten thats not how it's done on pcars!

Anyway, I found myself in 9th or 10th once we had got past turn 2. Followed the pack up and down the mountain, constantly hoping I wouldn't become a wreck on a wreck. Got a good exit onto the back straight and held in the slipstream. Then I see cars gradually falling off left and right after the braking zone, so just had to make sure of getting through.

After Lap 1 I found myself behind my teammate @Delaney and @CragglesD in the Z4. I seemed to save the pace in hand on the mountain on both of them, so I was doing my best to get a clean exit onto that back straight. It was a shame for the Corvette this race. It doesn't quite have the pace it needs on the straights - it tops at 172mph without a tow - but it felt great on the mountain. Unfortunately there's no where to pass unless the guy in front makes a proper mistake. So for 10-11 laps I found myself behind the Z4 of @CragglesD and just doing all I could to try and make the pass on the open circuit. We ran seriously close pretty much for the whole 10 or so laps, so thankyou @CragglesD for being such a clean and thoughtful racer! You always realised when I was able to get along side you, and you defended like a pro. Even though I was relieved when you made your mistake so I could get in clean air again, at the same time it was a real shame because I know we could have battled to the finish like that. :stig:(y)

With all our battling, @Newy656 in the M3 was able to gain onto our coat tails by the time @CragglesD had his off. So even though I was now in clean air, another battle was building up. I was in front and feeling comfortable enough for a few more laps, then I made a small error entering into Skyline, which nearly threw me into the wall. I was able to stay out of the wall and get the car back, but that mistake gave @Newy656 the room he needed to get through. So once again I found myself starring at the arse of another BMW, unable to take advtantage of the pace on the mountain and unable to make a pass on the straights! I remember @Newy656 made a similar mistake to me at Skyline and the Dipper like I did a few laps later, but he was able to keep the car in the centre of the track enough to hold the position.

By lap 14 I was thinking to myself about what I should do. I started on full fuel with soft tyres. I knew the fuel would be super tight as I could only carry 85l full tank, and I could also tell the tyres would have made it to the end, but they were losing their top layer of grip by this point and my 0 downforce setup totally relied on the mechanical grip levels I had on these soft tyres. So on lap 16 or 17 I decided to pit, throw in a glug of fuel to make sure I could finish, and get some fresh softs to get me home. I found myself in clean air, around 40s back to @Newy656 and 10s ahead of @RGT hayc in 5th which was perfect. I chased down @Newy656 from there on, just hoping he would too pit. By lap 22 it was pretty clear he wouldn't be pitting. I had gained maybe 8-10 seconds but not the kind of pace I needed. Still, I was very happy with the race by this point, so I was very happy with 4th spot in this field.

I'm not quite sure what had happened on that last lap @Newy656 - whether your tyres had really given up the ghost or you ran out of fuel and had to pit or you made a big mistake, but I saw with the last conrod straight that I was only 6s back and finished 4s behind at the end. You said something about fuel and a mistake to me on voice at the end but I'm unable to remember your exact reasons. Either way you deserved that 3rd place - to take a car around here for 29 laps without pitting is no mean feat. And the same thanks to you for driving so cleanly when we were sharing the same pieces of road. (y)

Finally then, congratulations to @machwebb! I knew you could do it mate, you had the race pace and consistency all week. Commiserations to @Bankai_Bullett - your pole lap was nothing short of epic. A real shame you couldn't have battled with @machwebb for longer, it would have made great viewing. Thanks to my Corvette teammate @Defiant195 for running the lobby tonight and @Delaney for your setup ideas and the clean drive when we were together with @CragglesD and at the end when you let me through.

I plan to broadcast my race replay today and it will remain on youtube afterwards. It was such a great battle with @CragglesD I feel it has to be shared again.

Cheers guys, can't wait till the next one! :stig:

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Just a fast one..
Q9
Nothing to say other than I qualified .5 sec slower than my best and in Warmup with 52L fuel I instantly were able to do it.

R10
Started 9th and after a good start I gained from other peoples mistakes to end in 4th after lap one. Unfortunately that calamity in the chicane at the end of the lap resulted in me getting a front damage that killed my already not to high topspeed. This meant that I could compete going up-hill but lose at every straight bit. This caused me to lose 3-4 second every lap so at lap 9 (I think) I pitted only to realise that I had forgotten to setup my pit strategy, so I got some extra fuel and repaired my damage but no new tires. In the confusion I got too little fuel and I had to come in again.
So S9-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-11-10. Frustrating result, but it was really what my laptimes should give. It was just frustrating to start so well and then gradually loose it all.

Replay will be there tonight.

Oh and Congratulations to @Bankai_Bullett and @machwebb for those firsts and to @Andoryu for his splendid (much needed) result for the team.

Last edited:

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Just a fast one..
Q9
Nothing to say other than I qualified .5 sec slower than my best and in Warmup with 52L fuel I instantly were able to do it.

R10
Started 9th and after a good start I gained from other peoples mistakes to end in 4th after lap one. Unfortunately that calamity in the chicane at the end of the lap resulted in me getting a front damage that killed my already not to high topspeed. This meant that I could compete going up-hill but lose at every straight bit. This caused me to lose 3-4 second every lap so at lap 9 (I think) I pitted only to realise that I had forgotten to setup my pit strategy, so I got some extra fuel and repaired my damage but no new tires. In the confusion I got too little fuel and I had to come in again.
So S9-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-11-10. Frustrating result, but it was really what my laptimes should give. It was just frustrating to start so well and then gradually loose it all.

Replay will be there tonight.
Ah man, that sucks. To lose out due to the crash is one thing, but to fluff a pitstop is something you could avoid next week. Onwards!

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
Q2 - R1

Firstly want to second what @Andoryu said about the quality of the racing last night. When I looked at the map and saw a solid tail of circles head over the mountain on the first lap, I knew that for the most part the start had gone well. And the lapped cars did a perfect job too.

@Bankai_Bullett Just wow on the Pole lap dude. Congrats for getting that together. I had pace for a 3 in the week, but it wasn't to be. Absolute cracker mate!! (y) I know you're disappointed with the race mate, but your attitude is a lesson to us all, and for that you should be commended...:angelic: when I watched the stream of your crash, so unlucky to hit that part of the barrier. We had a massive battle on hands there. Maybe next time ey?

My race was pretty much covered by Bankai. I hoped for a clean lap 1 and then just to pounce should the opportunity arise. TBH i thought it never would. My best efforts in the 10 laps before Bankai's chat with the Aussie were into t2 but he had the inside covered both times. There was one in to the chase when he went wide but I gave the benefit of the doubt, cause I feared I'd broke his concentration talking about lag. Communication was good though.

In terms of my clairvoyance, it was really that as long as I didn't drop to more than 3-4 seconds, I would be close enough to keep some (if very little) pressure on, far enough back to avoid a mistake if it came, but remain close enough to have the slipstream on the straights. I saw no point in fighting over the mountain. As it happened I think the biggest gap was 2.6s. Even though I thought I might have a chance of winning this one, I just wanted @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o behind me. Talking of which I'm little disappointed in all of you ;) for not keeping him further back. (Great Job mate)

Once past Bankai and with a 20s gap to Dave, I looked after my tyres and brought it home 35s up the road. Looking forward to Watkins Glen...few laps night yielded a 1:41.8

Quick mention to my Teammate @RGT hayc top jop on the 5th mate and Andy for the 4th (nice to have you onboard)

See you next week fellas...Cheers.