Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 4th May 2016
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 26 Laps

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
2 weather slots:
- Light Cloud
- Random

In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 13:00
- Race start time: 13:00
- Race finish time: 15:00

Notices:
Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here. New for this season is the weather conditions and x2 time progression.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
A random weather slot... really? Ugh. At least it's at Spa where any weather system can brew up but it's still hardly realistic when it comes to racing. 99% of the time race teams know whats going on with the weather once they're out there racing.

Still, is what it is I guess. See you guys on the track sometime this week hopefully for testing... or Saturday. After that I doubt I'll have any practice time before race night :nailbiting:

EDIT: If we get fog with rain imma gonna be pissed!

• Agree
Reactions: Delaney

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Well, there were quite a few shouts for random weather this season, so we decided to give it a try...
If it doesn't work, then we know for the future (y)
Yeah it's cool. Just one of my bugbears. If the weather forecast actually forecasted it once the lobby is running I wouldn't have a problem. But it doesn't. It just says random. Which is totally stupid. :rage:

Sorry /rantover

• Funny

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Just so you guys have got a small idea of laptimes, I have worked on my Vette setup and am getting mid 2:19s on heavy (for the vette) fuel. 70l +

Qualifying I'm in the low 18s.

So with how my 2 races so far have gone I expect pole to be at least a low 17 and dry race pace to be high 18s.

Although it's gonna be a choice of whether we gamble for a dry race and run very low aero, or not. I was finding a 2/5 aero setup was 1.5s slower and more on heavy fuel compared to a 1/2. Huge difference.

• Useful

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Just so you guys have got a small idea of laptimes, I have worked on my Vette setup and am getting mid 2:19s on heavy (for the vette) fuel. 70l +

Qualifying I'm in the low 18s.

So with how my 2 races so far have gone I expect pole to be at least a low 17 and dry race pace to be high 18s.

Although it's gonna be a choice of whether we gamble for a dry race and run very low aero, or not. I was finding a 2/5 aero setup was 1.5s slower and more on heavy fuel compared to a 1/2. Huge difference.
Well last seasons pole was a 2.16.8. I expect that time will be be beaten this time out to be honest. Maybe a low 16 if we're lucky.

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
I had a few laps for breakfast this morning, nothing meaningful, just a look in. McLaren needs work, or more likely I do!
I hated using the mclaren last season round this track. Has good top speed but lacks the turn in. However wouldn't be surprised to see you fighting for pole after your two wins.

My aim for this race is to finish it tbh. I need a bit of luck at the moment as things haven't gone my way.

Reactions: Delaney and Andoryu

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Well last seasons pole was a 2.16.8. I expect that time will be be beaten this time out to be honest. Maybe a low 16 if we're lucky.
Good to know mate. Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. If someone can put in a low 16 in our tier, that lap I would love to ride along on!

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
I hated using the mclaren last season round this track. Has good top speed but lacks the turn in. However wouldn't be surprised to see you fighting for pole after your two wins.
I can see some late nights in preparation for this.. I appreciate the optimism though cheers!

• Agree

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
I'll do my best to get one for ya (y)
Half the fun of this championship for me this season is just seeing how things will unfold for you guys leading. It's now really getting exciting!

I'll get in a more competitive car next season and hopefully hang on to your coattails!

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Half the fun of this championship for me this season is just seeing how things will unfold for you guys leading. It's now really getting exciting!

I'll get in a more competitive car next season and hopefully hang on to your coattails!
Depends who gets promoted to the elite league for next season. You may not have the chance. Last season was decided by a point which my teammate won. It was pole position at the final race at spa that got him the point that won him the championship. It was a great finish to be fair.

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Depends who gets promoted to the elite league for next season. You may not have the chance. Last season was decided by a point which my teammate won. It was pole position at the final race at spa that got him the point that won him the championship. It was a great finish to be fair.
Yeah very true. All depends who signs up and who comes and goes in each of the tiers.

Sounded very close! Just checked out the results. Awesome stuff.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Spa isn't a good track for me tbh
Last few times we've raced here, I've not finished or have had properly bad races.
That said, off the back of 2 Poles and a podium, I'd like to actually do well here lol

Reactions: Andoryu

Andoryu

GP2 2nd Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Spa isn't a good track for me tbh
Last few times we've raced here, I've not finished or have had properly bad races.
That said, off the back of 2 Poles and a podium, I'd like to actually do well here lol
Spa is a funny track. Most of us can agree it's a great drive, yet I would also say most of us would say the same thing as you... that we seem to never get good results here. That's certainly true of me in the last few serious races I've had here.

• Agree
Reactions: Bankai_Bullett