PS4 - AOR Pro GT3 - Round 8 - ZHUHAI - 11/5/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Pro GT3 - Round 8 - ZHUHAI - 11/5/16 @ 8:00pm

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Shame mate, wish the wife well. Alternatively, take her to work now, then she'll already be there and won't have to get up so early....

@o-YOUNG-DAVE-o it would be more of a Faff in the morning
Sorry mach and hayc. Didn't mean to put faff. Must have accidentally tapped it before. My bad :banghead::facepalm::dead:
[DOUBLEPOST=1462987350][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just so you guys know, I'll be retiring from league racing until further notice.
This is because I went and BROKE MY F***KING COPY OF PCARS!!!

Taking my spot in the grid for the rest of the season will be @RacingAtHome. Racing, this here be the race thread. Feel free to chat any and all things Zhuhai (for this particular race) and any help you may want...
These are a good bunch of guys here, so have no fear (y)
I think it's only like 25 quid on the playstation store, unless I'm mistaken.

Reactions: machwebb

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Sorry mach and hayc. Didn't mean to put faff. Must have accidentally tapped it before. My bad :banghead::facepalm::dead:
[DOUBLEPOST=1462987350][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think it's only like 25 quid on the playstation store, unless I'm mistaken.
I'm broke atm dude, and I don't know when I'll have the spare cash see...

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
Sorry guys but my internet has failed me again. After an hour or 2 of changes and retries I still cannot sign into PSN... :mad: This obviously means I cannot race tonight and if things carry on the way they are I might even have to drop out of the season. :(

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Sorry guys but my internet has failed me again. After an hour or 2 of changes and retries I still cannot sign into PSN... :mad: This obviously means I cannot race tonight and if things carry on the way they are I might even have to drop out of the season. :(
That's bad news as well..... Not gonna be many tonight
That's one down. 8 more and I'll have a chance of a place at the podium :rofl:
Looks like your chance of a podium place is getting nearer!

• Funny
Reactions: Delaney

omer ahmed

Pro Karter
Apr 14, 2016
Can someone point me in the direction of the link to show how I join the league for tonight's race @killball100

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
@Bankai_Bullett Can you confirm number of laps for Zhuhai tonight, race calendar says 29 this OP says 39.

Plus can you also post names of definite no shows for tonight.

@Killball100 you have to follow the sign up process start here... link to follow.

EDIT 2: You are reserve for tonight and we have 3 no shows so you should get a invite around 8pm.

Last edited:

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
  • Informative

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Well there is a first for everything... My first disconnection from a raceon lap 16 when having a blast chasing @Defiant195 :cry:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Sorry to see You guy's missing out on this evenings race. I hope Wife will get better soon Andy, give her an extra hug from me.

Race report
Q4
Just before the race tonight I managed to improve my Q-time by a whole second (from Mid 33 to Mid 32) alas I wasn't quite able to replicate it in Q, where I only got a low 33. But it was, partly because of You guy's missing, enough for 4th. Even with a PB I would still have been a tenths slower that P3 (@Newy656 ).

R3
At the start I didn't do to well and lost a place or two, Fortunately for me they went wide in one of the next corner's, letting me by. For the next 8 laps I was right up at @machwebb 's ass till I did the only mistake in the race, I shortcutted corner one and got a very harsh 10 second penalty. I had no speed as I knew that I made a mistake, so I won absolutely nothing and still I got the penalty. This let @Newy656 past for a few laps, but I could see following him that he was struggling a bit in some of the corner's, so I kept the pressure on and waited. Soon he made the nessesary mistake and I got past. After this (lap 11 or 12) I tried if I could catch up to @machwebb, but it wasn't possible. Some laps I could catch a tenths or two and lose them next lap. A some point I caught up to @Defiant195, who had spun and was creating some dust clouds at turn 1 and I lost a second or one and a half. Other than this the rest of the race was pretty uneventful. With 10 laps to go I had 21,2 liter fuel left and my average said 2,12 liter/lap, so it added up nicely. I took it easy for a few laps, but could see that there was sufficient so the last laps I just did my best and caught nearly a couple of second to @machwebb. @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o, who won by a mile or two, I never saw other than at the start.
So Congratulations to my two fellow podium'ers. To @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o for his outstanding pace and to @machwebb for 8 great laps in very close contact - Sorry that I couldn't keep pressuring.

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
Q2 R2

Kept 2nd off the line, defended from @Delaney for a few laps, there was no way you and your driving line were going past, so well done on the 3rd dude but that was as far as you were going.....then after his mistake managed whatever the gap was to 3rd....Wasn't gonna bother with @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o, once he'd got a gap, no point! Congrats!

Well done to everyone that could race without the driving line. The advantage was massive for this race. So hats off!!

Last edited:

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 8 R: DNF

Qualifying went ok with the usual mistake here and there.

Got of to a good start for once and gained a position. Spun at the hairpin on the first lap and was last... Started to chase back to the pack and caught @RacingAtHome after a lap. Got passed him after he got a little wide. Then caught up with @Defiant195. I felt that I was a little bit quicker but I just couldn't find a way passed. We came up to the rear of @omer ahmed (killball100) on lap 8 I think. He then went a little wide and we got passed him, still with @Defiant195 in front of me. I tried the everything but it was the same. Then on lap 16 I thought he spun out to the left of me only to be back in front of me. I thought that he was lagging when I got the lovely message that I was disconnected...

Good job to all of you that got through this race :happy:

Next up, Silverstone with rain and clear weather if I remember correct. Will be a very interesting race...

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Q-3rd happy to get 2/10ths off PB.

R-5th. Got a good start but went slightly deep into T1 but held 3rd. But lost the place to @Delaney faffing around trying to get my rear view mirror on the display.

He had Good pace & I only got past a few laps later when he made a mistake & think got a slow down penalty.

Now 4 secs behind @machwebb & with 4 secs to 4th but another mistake by me on L15 going off on last corner gave delaney the position back

As I'd not done a full race test wasn't sure how the tyres would hold out, so with @craggles around 20 secs behind I pitted L20.

Rejoined in 6th behind @crow_nexus, with better tyres got past, with craggles now 8 secs ahead. By L28 I was within 0.5 secs & we had a great battle first me getting past only to go wide & craggles to retake the position.
With out little battle we never noticed @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o coming up to lap us (sorry mate)

Great to see @Delaney bringing it home in 3rd well done mate. Also to the top 2 guys @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o & @machwebb

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Q-3rd happy to get 2/10ths off PB.

R-5th. Got a good start but went slightly deep into T1 but held 3rd. But lost the place to @Delaney faffing around trying to get my rear view mirror on the display.

He had Good pace & I only got past a few laps later when he made a mistake & think got a slow down penalty.

Now 4 secs behind @machwebb & with 4 secs to 4th but another mistake by me on L15 going off on last corner gave delaney the position back

As I'd not done a full race test wasn't sure how the tyres would hold out, so with @craggles around 20 secs behind I pitted L20.

Rejoined in 6th behind @crow_nexus, with better tyres got past, with craggles now 8 secs ahead. By L28 I was within 0.5 secs & we had a great battle first me getting past only to go wide & craggles to retake the position.
With out little battle we never noticed @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o coming up to lap us (sorry mate)

Great to see @Delaney bringing it home in 3rd well done mate. Also to the top 2 guys @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o & @machwebb
Hey no worries mate. I should have let you two fight a little bit more before trying to get past. Looked good from where I was haha

Reactions: Newy656 and Delaney

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
Q 5th : R 4th

Another sort of "save". Beating @Newy656 was a good result for my 3rd place Championship hopes.

I paid the price for not getting enough practice in. I did manage to find a decent setup just before the race and get into the 32s but couldn't repeat that in quali. In the race could do lap times similar to @Newy656 and @Delaney ahead, but couldn't stop making mistakes. Basically, just repeatedly overshooting the braking zone in the dark and flying off. That allowed a 20s gap to build by mid-distance.

Had battles with @Nexus1011 thanks to my failure to stay on track! But I was quicker so could get back past.

When @Newy656 pitted I knew I had a chance to beat him by not pitting, as I'm well known for making my car lovely and wide when the need arises! :)

But I still expected him to beat me on fresh tyres. To be fair it all got a bit messy. After another case of going off track, my 7s lead was down to nothing. @Newy656 did get past but I stayed with him and had a go down the inside mid-lap. But we touched and it was a bit of a dive by me, so started to slow up thinking it best to let him through.

Then we realised @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o was trying to lap us and it all got confusing! I thought I was seeing two @Newy656's in my rear view mirror!!!

I think @Newy656 then went off and I retained position. Somehow I managed to hang on for 4th. Not a bad result, but man, racing in the dark was annoying here!

Last edited:
Reactions: Newy656 and Delaney