PS4 - AOR Pro GT3 - Round 9 - SILVERSTONE - 18/5/16 @ 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Pro GT3 - Round 9 - SILVERSTONE - 18/5/16 @ 8:00pm

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
Goal posts changed at work and the wife is away so I'm on full duty with child...definitely won't be at Silverstone. It's a shame, my car was feeling pretty decent for the race and I've put some time into my set up and strategy. Apologies lads. Hope you have a good race!

@Manx57 i don't like it either!

@Bankai_Bullett @Defiant195 just in case you missed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delaney

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
Goal posts changed at work and the wife is away so I'm on full duty with child...definitely won't be at Silverstone. It's a shame, my car was feeling pretty decent for the race and I've put some time into my set up and strategy. Apologies lads. Hope you have a good race!
Awww gutted mate. I was looking forward to seeing how our strategies would play out as most of the other races don't require much planning in terms of strategy.

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
All I'd done was set up for the wet...max pace in the wet was 2:08s and 9s with a couple of 2:07 on the drying track...change the tyre pressures at the pit stop..max pace in the dry 1:59s and 2s. managing temps where poss, but no real problems. The weather transition is tricky too, which would have been fun.

Yeah, it's a pity for sure.

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Totally gutted dude,hope I can get some good points for the team this week.you know me and this track....

pcsolima

2 times AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Dec 27, 2015
Hi,

Sorry but I can't race tomorrow. It's my son's birthday so I will have to party :)

Cheers,

• Informative

o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

Reigning AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Nov 21, 2015
For the race we need to make sure that we all turn our headlights on at the start of the race. Even with just normal rain the visibility when racing behind someone is incredibly poor.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Too bad @machwebb, @pcsolima and @Andoryu, You'll be missed all of You.

I'm definitely not getting the speed Mach is mentioning, so I'll find my usual place the back this time.

Reactions: machwebb

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Currently in the lobby we have.

Defiant195
Young-Dave
newey656
YabbaTheHutt
RoninGT_Delaney
Ronin_GThayc
CragglesD

omer ahmed

Pro Karter
Apr 14, 2016
Sorry I missed the race, I had full intended to race, but a quick 10 minutes pre-race power nap turned into a full on snooze.

can someone post a link of the race cheers

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
Q 3rd : R 2nd

Well best result of the season but with only 8 of us and no battles once @Newy656's wheel cut out, it was a bit of an empty affair. A shame as could have been a classic race with the weather.

First 8 laps were great as I followed within a second of @Newy656 in 2nd. Both of us were very consistent with no mistakes. But then on lap 8 his car lagged going through Becketts and his car appeared inside mine and ghost contact was made, spinning me off the track!

That put me 8s behind him spoiling the battle but then his wheel failed giving me an easy 2nd.

Think I pitted the perfect time for dries on lap 17. After that I didn't have to focus too hard to keep 2nd as had a 14s lead. @Nexus1011 closed that to 4s by the end and I had a few silly errors but I wasn't concentrating 100% anyway and overall a comfortable 2nd.

Well done @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o on the championship.

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Q-2nd Did a PB although only by 1/10th

R -4th Not surprised @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o started to pull away after a few laps,
@CragglesD kept me on me toes keeping within 1 sec in 3rd.

But then I noticed he dropped 8 secs (after seeing me ghost)
But then at the start of L14 coming upto T3 my wheel cut out & I went straight on through a billboard, after trying to get it going by unplugged it i finally got away but after being sat stationary for 45secs I was down to P6 secs behind @Delaney, he pitted early so now around 20secs behind @RGT hayc but struggled to close gap

Pitted L17 & lost a place to @Nexus1011 who pitted lap earlier, @RGT hayc who think just pitted was 15 sec or so away but the gap stayed the same for several laps but then it started to drop slowly & on the final lap I was within a sec, guess his tyres weren't in as good a shape as mine cos I got a good run out of copse but backed out as we hit maggots, but carried more speed exiting becketts & managed the pass down hanger straight, was a great battle & very close at the end.

So 4th it was, although a real shame I had the issue with my wheel as a 2nd was on the cards & a possibly a good battle with @CragglesD.

Congrats to the top 3 @CragglesD & @Nexus1011 & @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o for the championship

The most exciting bit of the race for me

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 6th R: Retired...

Not much to say. Quali went as usual, 0.8 from my best time. Had a ok start and first couple of laps. In thne middle of first corner on lap 4 I hit an invisible wall that made me end up on my roof. No reset button = retired to pit. :inpain: But I got a trophy from PC...don't know for what...not sure I want to know either... @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o have had problems with invisible walls but they seems to have gone away after he reinstalled the game. So I will do the same and hope it works :cautious:

@Bankai_Bullett : I have saved screenshots on quali and race results. Will post them tonight.

Congrats to @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o for the win and the championship.

One race to go. Lets hope for a full grid and a good race to end the season :)

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
Sorry to have missed last night, shame we couldn't take the season to the wire. Well done @o-YOUNG-DAVE-o

On to Road America. Just a heads up on GFX perfomance...My PS4 flickered and lagged going into T12 Canada Corner every lap last week. I was on my own in a free practice session btw, so that's pretty poor. I've turned all the visual options off to fix it. We don't want that causing any problems next week.

I think Pcars has started to get worse, load times have increased and performance issues have begun to get more frequent. I only have Pcars and DirtRally...Maybe a re-install will help.