PS4 AOR PS4 F2 League - Coverage Thread

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
AOR PS4 F2 League - Season 16
Coverage Thread

Hey and welcome to the AOR PS4 F2 League Coverage thread!

As you may know already we will have again a Livestream coverage this season, provided by @OTG and @Andy81287 on the AOR Youtube channel -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ZgAAxSVXnHef-NMOumtEQ

The Livestreams will be posted in this thread after the race. If you have any input, feedback or corrections to the coverage you can post it here!

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
Something I haven't actually discussed with @OTG at this point due to our other commitments. I have no issues doing so after wards however, will check with Oliver how we plan to go about things.

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
@Casper24-F1 just message OTG and yeah we are doing post race interviews with the top three, he will send a party invite to the top three post race so have head sets/mics ready if you don't race with them if you want to be involved.

Reactions: Casper24-F1

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
So some lag on the stream that I didn't expect and was not there when I done an evaluation race last week. Will try some setting changes during the week and see if that can help, getting a different Internet provider in a weeks time as well so by round 3 should be on a faster connection than I am already.

Some of the action was brilliant and was happy with how me and ollie worked together, this will only improve with a lack of lag and more races

Reactions: Tactician109

leefindlay04

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Another thing to add, it’s hard to hear you @OTG but great commentary, try turning your mic up a bit, see if that’s helps

Reactions: Andy81287

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
Technical issues aside, @Andy81287 and @OTG did a great job with the commentating! Even with the laggy stream I felt entertained which is the main thing about these streams. I'm sure the issues will get fixed as Andy said and the viewers will have a great experience in the near future :)

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
@OTG mentioned he's not had access to the forum recent so he's not ignoring anyone lol

It was a tricky stream, ollie mentioned he has new broadband today I think and I am switching providers on the 9th so hopefully this will make things better. It was our first time doing a fuel comms as well, due to work and time constraints we didnt get a chance to run a practice together.

We will figure it out with tnr admin and other commentators and streamers and make sure future streams are better,hopefully starting with next week in Bahrain but surely from China onwards when both our broadband have changed.

Thanks for the kind words on the comms guys

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
The Bahrain GP stream quality was a lot better than the Australian GP stream quality :)
Great job for trying to fix it @Andy81287
Your commitment is really good, I like that.
The commentary from both of you @Andy81287 and @OTG was just perfect!
There is still room for improvement about the quality of the stream, and also the mic from @OTG was a bit quiet.
If those things can be fixed, it will be awesome!

Overall, you guys must be really happy with the stream improvements, we are happy as well :)

leefindlay04

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 26, 2018
The Bahrain GP stream quality was a lot better than the Australian GP stream quality :)
Great job for trying to fix it @Andy81287
Your commitment is really good, I like that.
The commentary from both of you @Andy81287 and @OTG was just perfect!
There is still room for improvement about the quality of the stream, and also the mic from @OTG was a bit quiet.
If those things can be fixed, it will be awesome!

Overall, you guys must be really happy with the stream improvements, we are happy as well :)
Yeah it was much less laggy so great job! There was a bit where Andy was breaking up for a bit but that got fixed, but great job from you guys :)

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
Thank you @Casper24-F1 and @leefindlay04 and also @Ashbest122 for keeping us updated during qualifying as to what's going on, it's like having access to the pit wall it's great.

Was really happy at the quality of the stream, have no idea what cause my mic to play up towards the end of the race, for me on my headset ollie was jumping and lagging yet on the stream his voice was fine, really strange.

I have new and faster internet coming tomorrow so am hoping that will make things even better.

Wouldn't mind some feedback on my introduction to the stream either. The others that has access to streaming devices etc have the over lays and such and that is something myself and others streaming direct from PS4 can't do so I wanted to try something different so any feedback on it would be great.

Here's the link to keep it in one place once again

leefindlay04

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Thank you @Casper24-F1 and @leefindlay04 and also @Ashbest122 for keeping us updated during qualifying as to what's going on, it's like having access to the pit wall it's great.

Was really happy at the quality of the stream, have no idea what cause my mic to play up towards the end of the race, for me on my headset ollie was jumping and lagging yet on the stream his voice was fine, really strange.

I have new and faster internet coming tomorrow so am hoping that will make things even better.

Wouldn't mind some feedback on my introduction to the stream either. The others that has access to streaming devices etc have the over lays and such and that is something myself and others streaming direct from PS4 can't do so I wanted to try something different so any feedback on it would be great.

Would you want me and Casper to do a 5 lap race again for you to do a stream test?

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018

Wow, that's actually a great introduction to the stream.
What you might be able to do next time, is to start the stream earlier, put some music in the background (maybe just playing music through your mic), and after 3-5 minutes start the introduction.
So people can join, so they don't miss any of that brilliant intro :)

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
Wow, that's actually a great introduction to the stream.
What you might be able to do next time, is to start the stream earlier, put some music in the background (maybe just playing music through your mic), and after 3-5 minutes start the introduction.
So people can join, so they don't miss any of that brilliant intro :)
I agree with this, if it is in anyway possible.

For the overall quality of the stream, it was definitely a step up from last time and it was very enjoyable to watch. Hopefully the audio issues will be fixed with the new internet, then everything will be perfect @Andy81287 @OTG

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
@leefindlay04 @Casper24-F1 @Tactician109

That could be something to try if we are all online towards the weekend again like we did this week for sure.

The music would depend on quality and also got to be royalty free as well. Plus usually we are starting the stream as the lobby is starting as well so doing 3-5 mins music would cut into the first lot of laps in qualifying.

If I get timing right it should be fine even without the music so should be fine for that but thank you for the good words on the intro though, my thoughts are to do one for each race like that, I scripted it myself, took a full a4 page written down lol

Reactions: Casper24-F1

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
Here is the link to the coverage from round 3, an exciting battle to say the least and very tricky to keep track of all the stratagies at one point but made for a thrilling race and some great action from you all once again. Hopefully me and @OTG done you proud again on the mic despite a few gremlins for Ollie this week

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
Stream quality and the commentary were awesome :)
I definitely felt entertained!
You guys are smashing it (y)
Mic quality is the only thing which can be improved ;)
But still a great job from both of you guys @Andy81287 @OTG

leefindlay04

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Here is the link to the coverage from round 3, an exciting battle to say the least and very tricky to keep track of all the stratagies at one point but made for a thrilling race and some great action from you all once again. Hopefully me and @OTG done you proud again on the mic despite a few gremlins for Ollie this week

I was gonna say that the stream quality was absolutely perfect, your internet upgrade has obviously helped big time

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
Tonights stream will be just myself as @OTG is unwell so depending on how my voice is there might not be post race interviews tonight but do look out for the party invites in case I do.

have a good one guys and take it easy on the first lap

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014

Well it was interesting and fun going solo last night, safety car and VSC to mix it up. Pole sitter caught in incident, missing wings, penalties and the race still in the balance on the last lap. Hope I done well for you guys and all watching on my own.