PS4 - AOR PS4 F4 - Driver Introduction Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 F4 - Driver Introduction Thread

HiippariLate

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 3, 2018
AOR PS4 F4 League - Season 16
Driver Introduction Thread

Hey and welcome to the AOR F1 Leagues!

Use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:

1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
2. What's your previous league racing experience?
3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?

Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well.

We wish you all the best of luck for the season ahead and hope you will get to have some clean and enjoyable racing on track!

Last edited:

Tobias Eichinger

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
I'll just be the first to bite the bullet ;)

Hi, my name is Toby, I'm 19 (will be 20 on Saturday) and I live in Vienna, Austria
I am a F1 fanatic since 2006 and have never lost passion for it since.
My favourite drivers are Fernando Alonso and Charles Leclerc

This year will be my first league racing experience ever and I'm very much looking forward to it.
As I'm about to move out from home, finances dont allow a proper racing wheel yet, so for now I'm stuck with the good ol' pad.

For starters, I'm expecting a very tough season ahead of me as I lack consistent pace in races (also due to the fact i have no clue about setups) but will try to improve over time.
I'm mostly looking forward to have a few nice scraps out there and see where I stand compared to you all.

Not a lot more to be said, I suppose.

Let's have a great one!

frandythomsen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Hello! My name is Thomas and i am 15 years old from Bømlo (i know u havent heard of it) in Norway. I race on the pad.
I have previously raced in a league called Straight Line Racing and this will be my first Aor season (i did take part in Aor christmas cup last year tho).
This season i want to get some wins and podiums and just feel like i’ve done the best of my level and not do stupid mistakes.

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Hello! My name is Pedro, I am 18 and I live in the south of Spain. I am a pad user but instead of using the normal configuration, I use the right joystick for throttle (Just like I did in f1 2006 in ps2, good old times). I would love to buy a wheel but unfortunately I dont see that happening soon.
This is going to be my second season here in AOR. Last year I started in F6 but got promoted to F3 (a jump too high for me), so I am very happy to be in F4 this year, I think it is the perfect league. At least driving with no assists in F3 last year will now pay off!!
Talking about my expectations, I just want to be consistent and avoid silly mistakes, and with tyre overheatingit it is surely going to be tough. A podium here and there would be great. Just please, no rain every single race!!

HiippariLate

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 3, 2018
Hello! I am Hibbe (real name is Lauri) I'm 18 years old and live in Helsinki, Finland. This is my 2nd season in league racing and 2nd year playing actual racing games, my previous experience in driving things was in GTA V (lol) which me and my friends raced for fun but it was still quite competetive! I use a pad and probably not gonna switch any time soon since I really enjoy it.
Expectations for this season are reasonably high and I have raced a couple of guys from here so definetly feel like I can challenge for podiums!

Reactions: AOR_all3ren

Schnixel

Reigning S14 AOR PS4 F2 Sprint Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 28, 2017
Hey guys!

My name is Weeko, 18 years old, from Emden in Germany. I'll start under Dutch flag tho. I'm using the T300RS wheel and just moved up into the main leagues as I was part of Assists League 1 from Belgium onwards. At the end of the season I finished in P7 with only taking part in 6 races and bringing home 2 wins and one 3rd place finish. I'm the champion of the F2 Sprint League, which lasted for only season, in season 14.
Coming to me personally, since I was 4 I'm watching Formula 1, Racing is my passion, there's nothing better on this planet! I'm loving the feeder series of F1, like F2, GP3 or F3. Besides that I'm also into MotoGP. My favourite drivers are Charles Leclerc and Lando Norris, I met both of them in person as they were in Formula 3.

About my expectations for this seasons, as it is my first season in the main leagues I know that I need some time to get comfortable. But my pre-season so far was quite acceptable therefore I hope for regular points!
I wish all of you guys a good time, a lot of fun and enjoyment throughout the season! See you all on track!

Axeeri

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 15, 2018
Hello my name is Axel, i'm 17 years old from Oslo in Norway. I started of with F1 games at the end of F1 2016, and when F1 2017 came around i joined my first league. This will be my first season in AOR and i'm excited to race in this league. i'm currently using the pad but i want to swap to my T150 wheel. For this season i want to be competetive without assist. In may i was still using all assists, i have now learned every assist except racing line. I'm working on it though and i really hope i will be just as fast without it as i am with it. A few podiums here and there would be nice too.

nezehran

F1 Test Driver
Oct 2, 2017
1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)

Hey guys and girls,

My name is Henrik and im 26 years old. I compete in karting in both Rotax Max DD2 and Rotax Max. Im also mechanic and coach for younger drivers that compete in other classes. just last weekend i was at the WSK World Championship :D.

Im from sweden and i use a RSeat RS1 with a T300 (My Fanatec is broken).

I joined AOR for the first time last year in october, Got placed in F8 but did only like 3 races before i was moved up to F7. In F7 i did like 7-8 races before i was moved up yet again to F4.

Season 15 i was placed in F3 but i only did like 3-4 Races due to me breaking 3 ribs in a karting crash so i could barely sit in my seat.

Im a Reservdriver still since i didnt have time to do the eval race because i was away on competition. but hoping to get to race a bit :D so let the practice starts :D

ps
See some people i recognise @KaneIyanda

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
Hello am tough2handle (PSN: tough_2_handle, Twitter: @tough2handle). Am Lebanese (Somewhere on planet earth :cool:) I user Thrustmaster T300 + F1 Add on + T3PA Pro pedals mounted on a Next Level Racing F1 seat with a 27" Zowie Benq monitor.

I have been league racing since 2013, won 3 championships in some other 100% race length leagues but only raced in AOR last season. Bad luck last season gave me an OK start in AOR. Results in Signature below. Still I won Best Qualifier and Best Overtaker awards

I was hoping for a higher Tier placement but looking at how tight it is, grid fits 20 cars only so I'll take it as a good baby step towards the top. No results expectations. Will take each race at a time. I just hope for fun like I had last season, good race craft of competition and more importantly clean fair driving

Oh, and looking at competition age range, I feel a grandpa over here :unsure: as am 40!! Still age is just a number

KaneIyanda

Reigning PS4 F4 Bottlejob
Premium Member
May 7, 2017
Who are you?

Hello, I’m Kane I’m 22 and I’m from England. I started playing F1 in 2010 and have been playing off and on ever since. I’ve completed a few seasons in AOR as well as other leagues. I’m a wheel scrub and I’ve just upgraded to a Fanatec Formula Rim.

What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?

My aim for this season is to finish as many races as possible and hopefully compete for the championship.

Im from sweden and i use a RSeat RS1 with a T300 (My Fanatec is broken).
BIG RIP:eek:

AOR_all3ren

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 4, 2018
Im Ali Eren from germany 17 years old getting 18 on november 9th
I‘m playing this game since f1 2017 and in season 15 i have driven in f5 for only the austrian gp (which was a strong pole-win).
This season i wanna drive a full season and of course i wanna win it but my first goal is to have fun and clean racing not like in the opel lobbys
I wish you all a good season.

Update : lerned that rl is off so goal is to learn to drive

Last edited:

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
Im Ali Eren from germany 17 years old getting 18 on november 9th
I‘m playing this game since f1 2017 and in season 15 i have driven in f5 for only the austrian gp (which was a strong pole-win).
This season i wanna drive a full season and of course i wanna win it but my first goal is to have fun and clean racing not like in the opel lobbys
I wish you all a good season.
I reckon you will win it this season

jomppalainen

S16 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 6, 2018
Hi, I'm Jon. 26 years old, finnish but living in Sweden. Started this game series with F1 2016, got myself a T300RS a year later and got into it more. Started racing online about half a year ago and quickly grew tired of the racing in public lobbies, so raced a bit in some leagues towards the latter half of F1 2017 and this will be my first go-around at AOR.

As for expectations for this season I guess I'm just gonna go race for starters and see how my pace holds up for the first few rounds and take it from there. Will probably wanna focus a bit extra on my at times terrible rain-pace, but overall just hoping for some fun racing with drivers with similar pace.

SlimboDude

Formula Karter
Dec 27, 2015
Who are you? I’m Benjamin AKA SlimboDude
2. What's your previous league racing experience? I’ve raced and race in several leagues, I am in my 4th season in a small league called the IRC and recently joined ERL Split 1.
3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead? I’m hoping to be in the top 3 at the end of season. But not going to jinx it as this is a highly skilled group.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Hey guys! My name is Sean and I’m 26 years old. I live in Texas about 30 minutes south of the Circuit of the Americas, I’ll also be going to the race in a few weeks also. I race with a Logitech G29, honestly not a fan. Wheel is too small for my liking making turn in sensitive and doesn’t suit my driving style. I’m about to pull the trigger on the Fanatec CSL Elite wheelbase and Formula wheel with the pedals. Hopefully this can push me to the next level with my driving since I race in PCars2 endurance league here on AOR as well.

My first game I started league racing was F12013. Was actually here on AOR and fell in love with league racing. Been doing it ever since. I have competed in AOR F1 Seasons 10, 12, 14 and part of 15 before I got a new job and couldn’t have time anymore. I did TCR league a little, but really wasn’t a fan so I left that league. I also competed in Project Cars 2 GT3 league here on AOR last season. I am entered in the Endurance league which starts next weekend so that will be fun. So I have to find a balance between F1 and PCars2. I am going more towards sim racing especially now that’s I’m investing in a Fanatec set up.

I just want a grid that I can feel comfortable racing close with. I haven’t had that really since a few seasons back. I’m 26 years old and I’m not as fast or aggressive as I used to be. I can’t push the car for long periods of time without mistakes happening every other corner. So I hope we can race hard and aggressive, but fair at the same time. I’m sure most of us will have conflicts with each other at some point, but its a Codie’s game so its probably more their fault than it will be ours!!! Hahaha!

Overall, I really want to win some races and finish top 3 in the championship. I haven’t won an f1 league race in AOR since a fluke in Season 14 in Singapore where I played the strategy literally perfect with the Tyres and gained a full pit stop on everyone. That was a race to remember!

CombiKoermi

S15 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Jan 19, 2018
Hey My name is Justin I am 17 years old and I‘m from Germany. I am using the Pad. I do have a wheel but I dont like it that much maybe its because the wheel was pretty cheap and isnt that good but anyway.. I still like the Pad

I started with League Races in F1 2017 and began to get some experience in some smaller leagues then I turned off my assists and joined AOR at the middle of season 14 and joined TMC. Currently I‘m racing in 3 Leagues but there was I time I was racing 5-6 times a week.

I want to get a few points of course and have fun in my first season without RL my main goal still is at least Top 10

Reactions: HiippariLate

Ozgur Bayrak

Pro Karter
Feb 10, 2017
Ozgur from Istanbul, Turkey, 34 years old, i guess i am the oldest in league :)
using t300gt wheel

I have been playing F1 for just 1,5 years, not much playing but i have watching experience from the days with schumi hakkinen montoya coulthard days.. :)

i dont have much time to practice because of busy work but wanna finish all the races with at least points and trying to be so stable to battle for first 3 .

GJoe_Breezy07

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 25, 2018
1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc) my name is Joe and live in USA out of South Carolina. I’m 30 years old so your not the only somewhat old guy T2H. I began following and playing F1 last year. I race with the G29 wheel.

2. What's your previous league racing experience? I joined AOR late in Season 15 racing with kam and combi. Prior to AOR I was still using ABS and RL assists so has been a big jump. Then learning no RL the day prior to the first race... I crashed a few times for sure.

3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead. Honestly, the reason I started racing leagues was to get away from the cancer that is F1 multiplayer. I enjoyed it enough to stick with it. If I’m scoring points I’m happy.

HiippariLate

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 3, 2018
Ozgur from Istanbul, Turkey, 34 years old, i guess i am the oldest in league :)
using t300gt wheel

I have been playing F1 for just 1,5 years, not much playing but i have watching experience from the days with schumi hakkinen montoya coulthard days.. :)

i dont have much time to practice because of busy work but wanna finish all the races with at least points and trying to be so stable to battle for first 3 .
I believe @tough_2_handle is 6 years older than you! So not the oldest.