PS4 - AOR PS4 F8 S16 - Driver Introduction Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 F8 S16 - Driver Introduction Thread

Donks

F1 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2015
1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)

Hey, I'm washy03 or Tinhead. Im 34 and from England. This is my setup from last season. Since then I've added a ps4 pro, fanatec v3 inverted pedals and steelseries arctis pro wireless headset.

View attachment 63144

2. What's your previous league racing experience?

This will be my 5th season in AOR F1 leagues. I've always been Cod, only did 1 or 2 races as a civilian. Looking forward to joint coordinating with my AOR racing buddy @HoinkDoink, who will be taking the lead on coordinating this season.

I play a lot more casually than competitively these days. My ever increasing workload is seeing my practice time dwindle significantly.

3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?

I won F8 in season 14 but have no expectations to achieve that again. I've met some great people racing here and I'm hoping to meet some more!
Hi @washy03 how do you find the headset as I have a turtle beach 800 and keep getting really bad interference if I use it wirelessly. It’s unusabke unless you wire it up so am looking for a wireless alternative ?

Donks

F1 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2015
1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
Hi everyone, Donks here from UK. Am a motor racing and football fan. Season ticket holder at West Ham so any Sunday matches are a challenge to get back as live in midlands. Also go to silverstone for RallyX which is brilliant racing, always go to F1 GP and met @syluntbob this year which was great. Touring cars is also a brilliant event and am off to the US GP in a couple of weeks. So yes, love my football and motor sport. I only have 1 game, that’s F1 and have a T300 wheel, TP3a pedals and playseat for the last god know how many years. I’m 50 and not the fastest but still enjoy racing online.
2. What's your previous league racing experience? Have been in AOR for about 4 years. Started in F3 so guess age has got the better of me.
3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead? I’m looking to avoid any mishaps and finish the races. I hope to finish in the point most races but with the size of field that may be tough. I’ve raced the majority of you great people over the last few years and am looking forward to having some fun on Sunday nights through the winter. Also have social races on Thursday nights if anyone is up for it.

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Hi @washy03 how do you find the headset as I have a turtle beach 800 and keep getting really bad interference if I use it wirelessly. It’s unusabke unless you wire it up so am looking for a wireless alternative ?
Well I had the elite 800 funnily enough. after I got the PS4 pro is started making horrible interference noises, the sound dropping out for a second regularly etc.

Sent it back to turtle beach and they sent me a brand new one. Did exactly the same. I’ve done some research and it’s a common problem with them. I think that’s why their retail price has dropped so much.

These steel series arctis pro wireless are perfect. Crisp sound, comfortable, two batteries so ones always on charge. Most importantly, haven’t skipped a beat!

Reactions: Donks

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016

Also, the elite 800 have a two year warranty. If you can, get them sent back and replaced with a new pair. Then sell it unopened to fund your new set!

jlug331221

Pro Karter
Sep 3, 2018
Howdy everyone! My name is Justin and I am from Texas (currently living and working in Oklahoma). I am 29 years old. Using a Fanatec setup, including the CSL Elite wheelbase and load cell pedals. I am racing on a Playseat. Not driving with assists and rocking the cockpit view.

I currently have no league racing experience but am excited about racing in this league. Looking forward to on the track battles throughout the season.

I am hoping to score at least some points before the season ends. I know I won't be the fastest but I am striving to be consistent, while also driving fairly. I still have much to learn about racecraft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carcanon

Macca-

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 19, 2018
Hi guys, I am Macca. I am 23 living in my home country which is England.

I am using an controller but will be getting a wheel this month.

I have been league racing for a few years. Think it’s something like 80races. Loooking forward to start my adventure in AOR

Don’t have any goals tbh. I’m all about the battling, love a good wheel-to-wheel battle. Rather have a grest battle for 17th than win by a mile.

Reactions: Carcanon

Booje89

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 26, 2018
Hey guys. Billy, 28, from England!

Currently on the controller! Would love a a wheel soon!

2. What's your previous league racing experience? None! Only started signing up for leagues a few days ago. Played F1 for years though casually.

Onky ever used ABS...as the controller can struggle with preventing lock ups. But this will be my first season with nothing.

Would like to get competitive get some 50% race exp and have some fun!

Good luck guys!