PS4 - AOR PS4 F9 League - Season 16 - Driver Introduction Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR PS4 F9 League - Season 16 - Driver Introduction Thread

HoinkDoink

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 18, 2017
AOR PS4 F9 League - Season 16
Driver Introduction Thread

Hey and welcome to the AOR F1 Leagues!

Use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow competitors for the coming season!

Some general questions you can answer to get the ball rolling:

1. Who are you? (Tell us a bit about yourself - name, age, nationality, racing equipment, etc)
2. What's your previous league racing experience?
3. What are you expecting & hoping to achieve in the season ahead?

Feel free to add anything else you feel like sharing as well.

We wish you all the best of luck for the season ahead and hope you will get to have some clean and enjoyable racing on track![/QUOTE]

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
Hey

Ian. Old, British. Playseat seat, Logitech g29
2. F12017 bottom tier. First season best 4th. Consistent but not podium contender. Second season. Inconsisten and not a podium contender. Also done indycar, gt3. Sometimes commentate on aor

3. Back to consistency of my first season. Finish most races in points. One podium. Just one and I will be happy.

I can be sarcastic and grumpy but that’s my age. I am nice really and pride myself on being ultra clean on track

xGATECRASHERx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Hey I'm Daz, 36 from York, UK.
This is probably my 5th or 6th season racing in the F1 leagues here in AOR. A few years ago I was the cod for one of the leagues. I've also raced in the GT3 leagues.
I got better as the season went on last season so hope that myself and my team mate @Limaro_83 can build on that and have a successful season

No_Ideas

Pro Karter
Aug 7, 2018
Hey, I'm Collin, 29, from Florida. First season in AOR. using a G29, nothing special. This year just hoping to have fun and improve, and fight for some points.

PSN - No_Idea5_Found

Send me Friend request and I would like to get some practice lobbies going and have a solid group of people to play with.

Last edited:

Carbon

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 4, 2016
1. Brandon, Irish, 16, GT Omega RS9 Cockpit, Logitech G29.

2. I raced in the S12 Assists League and was also Co-Ordinator along with a few other seasons racing. I also race in a few leagues on GT Sport. My first time racing in AOR since S14 on F1 2017.

3. Aiming to progress as the season moves on. It's my first time using 'No-Assists' so I'm just hoping that I can be quick and consistent and maybe get in on the title fight.

Good Luck Guys!

Last edited:

DietzgLa2003

Pro Karter
Aug 15, 2018
1. My name is Lars. I'm 15 years old and I'm from Germany. I currently race with the Thrustmaster T150.
2. I never raced in a league. I participated in some events.
3. I expect some point finishes. My goal is to score points in most of the races.

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hello all,

I'm William, 32 from Scotland.

I've raced with AOR before on 2013/14/15 (i think on the xbox360) currently fairly slow on the new game it would seem not really spent much time on it to be honest due to other commitments but i hope to improve as the season unfolds and get into some decent point scoring positions hope to pick up a podium at some point of the season. drive with a g29 in cockpit view hope to live-stream every race from my POV. dont know anyone from here on psn so feel free to add me to run some laps together psn f1scotgolf

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Hi! I'm Lewis, 27, from Sheffield in the UK. No previous league racing experience, but hoping to push myself out of my career mode (and flashback ridden) comfort zone. I'm hoping mainly to be a consistent points challenger, though that may depend on me finally adapting to the kerb physics on this game. Also only had a wheel about three months, Thrustmaster T150 - think I'm slower than on the pad, but it's so much more fun!

Looking forward to it guys! Feel free to add me (HighGround91) on psn for lobbies etc in the meantime

danio

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hello, I’m Dan 40 from Liverpool. British born in Poland.

I am racing in AOR since S10. Mainly quite fast but with a tendency to do stupid mistakes or even worse reckless diriving at some point( I hope I fixed that already).

I’m racing on pad however I do have steering wheel T150 but I’m too slow on it, therefore pad is my first choice.

It is nice to see some old names and race with them again as well as with you new lads too.

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hello all!

I'm Jason, 28, from central Pennsylvania. I'm currently racing with a Playseat Challenger and Logitech G29 wheel and pedals. Hopefully will be upgrading soon to some Fanatec gear.

Season 16 would technically be my 5th season racing in AOR (F1 and F2 seasons combined), and 2nd season as a COD.

My primary goal for this season is to achieve my first AOR win. 55 race starts, 4 podiums, but no race wins must change! In the past I've gone for a more relaxed strategy to bring in points. But this season I'm going to work on my aggressive racing.

I look forward to being your COD this season! See you all on the grid!

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
Hey all, you can call me Ramma. Late 20's disabled guy from the US (RIP ping) who's been racing for a good 15 years now across a whole assortment of games, though only in a true simulator fashion for the last ~3 years.

I've been following F1 since 2010, and playing F1 games since F1 2011. Only really started doing stuff past career mode in F1 2017 with the esports qualification, which of course I wasn't anywhere good enough for, but from the 2017-2018 qualifications I improved from around 900th to a high of 291. Still have tons to improve on, and online racing is a big part of that.

My PSN is ramma314, so feel free to add me for practice or some random racing.

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Hi, my name is Salvo Failla, I'm 22. I'm an italian boy who have a great passion for the world of F1. Last year I ran my first online championship, and now I think that I need yet some experience, but I think also that I'm ready for this amazing championship.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Hi all, I'm Chris 62 years old and live in Hereford UK. I race in my mancave with a t300, an optima short throw projector and screen.
This will be my 13th season in AOR covered by F1 and Project Cars. I think I can say I'm the oldest winner of races (had more than 15 victories) in the league.
Goals for the season would be to take another win if possible but more importantly have some great race battles and have plenty of fun. See you on track.

Nick-1054

S16 AOR PS4 F9 Champion
Sep 1, 2018
Hi everyone!
Im Nick, 17 years old and i'm a dutchie! ( which doesn't make me a hardcore Verstappen fan )
I've been simracing for about two years and have upgraded my set up and settings to higher and higher levels. So now it's about time for me to kick of my online career. I race with a playseat challenge and a logitech G29 wheel. With this being my first season, i'm looking to score some points and be clean and consistant. Looking forward to racing with you guys!

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
Hi all, I'm Chris 62 years old and live in Hereford UK. I race in my mancave with a t300, an optima short throw projector and screen.
This will be my 13th season in AOR covered by F1 and Project Cars. I think I can say I'm the oldest winner of races (had more than 15 victories) in the league.
Goals for the season would be to take another win if possible but more importantly have some great race battles and have plenty of fun. See you on track.
I have finally found someone older than me doing this

Reactions: chris130256

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
@iej76 there are a few over 50's in F8 this season. I think Phillip may be 60 now? Its great that older people are interested in racing. Only disadvantage is reaction times are a bit slower. A few seasons back one guy was late 60's. I'll keep on racing 'till I don't enjoy it. What young people don't realise is that the whole concept of this racing online is like science fiction to us old boys!

Reactions: Carbon

SEAN-GBR

Formula Karter
May 14, 2018
Hi, I'm Sean, 36 years old from Cumbria, England. I race on a Playseat Challenge with a Thrustmaster T300rs wheel and T3PA Pedal set.
Ive been into watching motorsports since 1997 and have not missed a F1 race since Brazil that year.

While I have bought every F1 game since the original on the PS1 I have never been able to get into them mainly through my stubbornness insisting on racing career mode 100 % races with no assists and full damage, I would crash out in Australia and quit the game year on year.
I seen various youtubers racing in these leagues and I wanted to race like this but never thought I could enter because I was too slow.
Last year I got GT sport and loved it then I seen an announcement of the inaugural AOR GT sport league so I entered and came 6th in the semi-pro championship.

When I seen the S16 announcement and seen it said any skill levels could enter I just jumped in and very quickly realised I had bitten off more than I chew looking at the lap times even in F9. I will be using this season to gain experience of online lobby racing, improving my pace, driving clean and staying out of the frontrunners way.
I don't expect to be in the points so I feel bad for my teammate but who knows, with a few incidents and retirements I might have a Minardi moment and pick up the final point :p.

Wesley3071

Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2017
1. Hi I'm Wesley, 21 years old from North of Scotland, running the logitech g29
2. Raced last season in F5 in was more or less midfield
3. Solid results but overall just good racing

Reactions: F1Scotgolf

danio

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
I don't expect to be in the points so I feel bad for my teammate but who knows, with a few incidents and retirements I might have a Minardi moment and pick up the final point :p.

Well @SEAN-GBR we all started somewhere near that lol. I will bring some point for us two :p If I won't crash in stupid place.;)

Reactions: SEAN-GBR