AOR Rally League - Round 1: Monte-Carlo | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Rally League - Round 1: Monte-Carlo

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Round1.png

We're starting the season where it's supposed to begin - Monte-carlo.

In this thread you can freely discuss the rally.

Round times (GMT):
  • Starting time: 00:00 on December 26th
  • Ending time: 23:30 on January 1st

Stages & Conditions

Settings:
If you are unsure of the settings used in our rallies, you can look them up here.

No-shows:
If you are unable to attend the round, please either inform a League Coordinator or leave a post in this thread along with the reason behind it. Rules on participation

Coordinators:
@Race Fanatic (PC)
@RBOS_00 (PS4)
@DemoN F1 (PS4)
@Tigerkart_22 (PS4)

League information

Leagues on the dirtgame website:
PC
PS4
XB1

Combined leaderboard:

Last edited:

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
PB Stage times as off far

Pra D'Alart: 6:41.750
Gordolon- Courte Montee: 3:19.142
Col De Turini- Descente: 3:33.558
Col De Turini- Sprint En Montee: 3:37.674
Col De Turini- Sprint En Descente: 3:27.408
Col De Turini Departe: 7:03.749

Lot's of time in stages 4 and 6 still to find

• Informative
Reactions: Murphy

Ali Kidd

F1 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Mar 26, 2016
This is going to be tough... Did some practice I'm consistently 30+ seconds off @Tigerkart_22's times and finished stage 3 with very little car left after destroying the back of a roadside Volvo and using the wall to get round most of the hairpins. And I haven't even tried the night stages yet...

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
This is going to be tough... Did some practice I'm consistently 30+ seconds off @Tigerkart_22's times and finished stage 3 with very little car left after destroying the back of a roadside Volvo and using the wall to get round most of the hairpins. And I haven't even tried the night stages yet...
I'm sure you won't be the slowest mate :D

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Confidence for me is quite high here, Monaco is definitely the place I tend to do the best. I'm sure with 70 drivers I can expect some to absolutely smash me anyway, and leave me left wondering "how the hell did they do that?" :p

• Agree
Reactions: Enzo

Tigerkart_22

Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
and leave me left wondering "how the hell did they do that?" :p
Me with @Nico at the moment. Top 5 in the world around Pra D'Alart and about 13 seconds faster than me (and my time is around the top 50 mark!) :shifty::shifty:

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
have not played this game properly in half a year, might start practice tomorrow, but i just wanna get top 40 tbh ^^

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Haven't played the game for a while now as I was doing GTA and Asseto Corsa lately, but yesterday I jumped in and tit that practice rally on Monaco with my Imprezzza and boy o boy, the car is nice to drive.

I had some killing streak of spectators until I get the grips with the FFB and wheel feeling again, but after a while I vas OK on the track. But that foggy/afternoon stages are killing me :D

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
First time doing stage one I managed a 7:07. Had a few spins, but lost LOADS of time as soon I hit the second "ice patches from here". Literally no grip there and it surprised me so much xD I'm staying with the pad for the moment, I just don't feel naturally quick and consistent on the wheel as of yet and risk embarrassing myself!

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
I'll just be hoping to not be near the back. Driving rally cars is fun but I don't exactly know how to drive them fast and consistent so I'll be trying to gain some skill as the season goes!

• Agree
Reactions: RacingAtHome

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Can't decide whether to be a maverick or cruise it. My pace is probably decent enough to do well but my chances of not crashing at my best pace = 0 :D

Tigerkart_22

Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
The afternoon stages will be absolute make or break, no headlights make it extremely difficult to see where your going

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I've done quite a lot of running at pra'd alart just because I wanted to see what kind of time I could find from setting in the practise.

Think I started with something like 6:38 and now I got in a 6:28.9 which obviously would be quite competitive. (this is not the kind of level I assume to keep tho, it's easy to get a good time when just doing a stage over and over). The important thing is that I feel confident in how to drive the car fast. :)

• Agree
Reactions: FOGGY #7

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Saw like three AOR guys in the top 15, RIP a good result, strange feeling considering i was always competing for wins and podiums in F1.

Did a 6:48 in the stage everyone is practicing, though it was in sunny conditions so hopefully i can really limit the damage in the tarmac sections as i felt good there.

Tbh i hate the fact that DR has so few unique stages. Some guys know every inch of this game , but rally is about reacting to the obstacles ahead and not memorizing the track perfectly.

Also a shame that codies is not offering the martini livery or at least the jolly club one.

• Agree
Reactions: FOGGY #7 and Chiraq

Laakso

AOR PC F1 Split 2 & AC Porsche & AEC LMP Champion
Sep 23, 2016
Bought the game yesterday =D already got to pretty good speed hoping to get in top 40 =PP

Edit: 6.43 on first stage =P

Last edited:

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
btw are you all using default setups or do you change sth and if so, is there a good setup tutorial?

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
btw are you all using default setups or do you change sth and if so, is there a good setup tutorial?
well I haven't gone too far into setups, I'll be stealing one from one of you guys as I do for F1 :whistle:

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
well I haven't gone too far into setups, I'll be stealing one from one of you guys as I do for F1 :whistle:
Can you actually do that in DR and if you find one i think i would be fair to share it with me as a compensation for the setups you stole from me in F1 ^^