AOR Rally League - Round 3: Greece | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Rally League - Round 3: Greece

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Round3.png

It's time for the 3rd round and the first gravel event of the season!

In this thread you can freely discuss the rally.

Round times (GMT):
  • Starting time: 00:00 on January 9th
  • Ending time: 23:30 on January 15th

Stages & Conditions

Settings:
If you are unsure of the settings used in our rallies, you can look them up here.

No-shows:
If you are unable to attend the round, please either inform a League Coordinator or leave a post in this thread along with the reason behind it. Rules on participation

Coordinators:
@Race Fanatic (PC)
@RBOS_00 (PS4)
@DemoN F1 (PS4)
@Tigerkart_22 (PS4)
@The Genius (XB1)

@DiRT Coordinator

League information

Information about Super Licence

Leagues on the dirtgame website:
PC
PS4
XB1

Combined leaderboard:

Last edited:
Reactions: The Genius

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Hoping to Redeem myself in this Rally. .My 1st Gravel Rally. . see how practice goes though. .The RS cozy was a pain in the Snow. And really struggled with getting the front end to bite with grip. .Looking forward as always. .;)

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
With this 3rd round we're now announcing the criterias for a super licence. Information about this can be found in the Information thread. :)

Super Licence

For season 3 we will create a new tier where we want the absolute best to compete against each other. The number of participants in this tier will be limited and to be able to compete in this tier you will need a super licence. If you fill the criterias and get your super licence you are then able to get picked by the leaders of the tier 1 teams to drive for them in the season.

This means that getting a Super Licence doesn't necessarily mean you get to drive in the top tier, you do however need the super licence to have the chance to be picked.

Criterias for a super licence

To get a super licence for the coming season you have to achieve something of the following during this on-going season:

• Started 80% (5/6) and completed 60% (4/6) of the rounds + finished within the top 30 at 3 occasions.

• Started 80% (5/6) of the rounds + either achieved 2 podiums or 1 rally win.

With this system you show that you're commited and that no-shows are an uncommon issue. If you are then good at finishing the rounds you have it easier to get a super license than if you struggle with consistent finishes.

We reserve the right to change the criterias for a super licence between seasons.

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
Right, first practice run around Kathodo Leontiou yielded a 6:18.6, which is the 34th best time set on Console in the world. Pace actually looks very good, just about keeping it clean

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
Safe to say my Lancia wont be seeing any more action after that.
Stage 1 got a puncture
Stage 2 damaged the radiator
Stage 3 flipped it about 6 times
Stage 4 damaged radiator
Stage 5 actually no idea
Stage 6 the car basically decided i wasnt worth it anymore so started making some very odd sounds at me, seems Lancia like to keep their poor reliability even when the almighty noob is at the wheel. Speaking of wheels pretty sure i broke mine doing this but im not 100% sure. Really annoyed after i had done some practise. On a lot of stages i made just 1 big mistake and the rest was solid for me.
Highlights hopefully out tommorow or thursday.
Also thanks for no one else on xb1 for doing it yet, got an achievement for 'winning' a rally in first person :p

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
If I push like life depended on it on Kathodo Leontiou I can get a 6:05.2. Best Ford on PC on that stage. :)

Feeling is quite good here, probably not gonna be around top 3 but a top 5 would be great! :)

swunnink

Junior Karter
Aug 19, 2016
Unbelievable...
in several practice runs I was able to finish the complete rally of Greece without any major incident. Not the fastest combined time, but nonetheless...
Then, in my official runs, in every stage I had to reset the car a least once. Lost about two minutes in total...
Better luck next time.

bananajosh1

F1 Race Winner
Aug 6, 2016
This is my first rally match in the AOR so I'll send a link of my first time ever rally league

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Well decided to finish the rally earlier again this time.
Performance? Meh.. I think many will struggle with Greece, but with the amount of practice I've put in (pretty much only stage 1), I'm pretty satisfied as I think my mistakes are still smaller than Monaco.
Should be enough for top 30 I hope, but for now, topping the PS4 leaderboard :lol:

Won't be uploading my POV this time, my driving was that horrific :p

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Finished the rally but probably lost about 3-4 minutes from falling off the track alone. Stages 3 and 5 were good but the others were pretty bad.

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Really struggling here compared to Sweden dont know why guess I just prefer snow to gravel so @Erti147 this is your chance to beat me lol.

• Funny
Reactions: The Genius

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Haven't done any long practice yet, just few runs @1st stage. I really hate that bump right after the 1st sector :D

• Agree
Reactions: RBOS_00

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
UPDATE REGARDING NEXT SEASON HERE!

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Done the first 4 stages.

Feels quite crap here tbh. I know that if I push like hell I'm still way off which is a bit annoying for me. I then can't actually run that pace as It's just too much on the limit. So I go slower and just can't compete... :/

It's an annoying feeling for me as it feels like I can drive the car to the limit but then still be way off, I'm ok with being slow if I know I've got a lot to improve.

So a bit like sweden where I just gotta go thru the stages

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Done the first 4 stages.

Feels quite crap here tbh. I know that if I push like hell I'm still way off which is a bit annoying for me. I then can't actually run that pace as It's just too much on the limit. So I go slower and just can't compete... :/

It's an annoying feeling for me as it feels like I can drive the car to the limit but then still be way off, I'm ok with being slow if I know I've got a lot to improve.

So a bit like sweden where I just gotta go thru the stages
Just hate Greece like me.;)

• Agree
Reactions: RBOS_00