Apr 4, 2015
Round 8 - French Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 6th October 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Paul Ricard
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@kerkinator1996

Last edited:

Walsh89-

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying: 15th

Oh dear, second time in three races I've made a complete mess of qualifying. Put a lot of fuel in on the inters and did 3 flying laps but messed up every one meaning I had one lap at the end on fresh inters to make up for it. Went purple through S1 and got the braking point spot on for the chicane in S2 but got greedy on the exit, spun the car on the inside kerb going on to the second straight. Really disappointed as I was way up on my delta, about 6-7 tenths and I knew my S3 was terrible on the previous lap so could have been a good grid position.

Race: 7th

I knew after qualifying it was damage limitation again. Opening laps I ran last on the hard tyres and got stuck in the second DRS train as the lead train broke away. I couldn't really make much progress as everyone ahead had DRS as well so it was a case of being patient and waiting for when I would have clear air later in the race with the hard tyres.

I picked up a few places through mistake and maybe passed one or two cars on track but I can't really remember much other than I was following @TheTubbyNinja in the McLaren until he pitted around lap 11/12. Once he pitted I had a clear track with rich just behind on mediums, rich pitted the following lap so I was on my own in 2nd place after all the lead group had stopped for hards.

Hasnain was about 11-12 seconds ahead of me so I knew that first stint had lost me a lot of time to the lead group and I had Maxou gradually closing me down who was the net leader of the race. I was going to pit for mediums around lap 15 but decided to stretch the hards so that I could put the softs on in the closing laps. My engineer said rain in 10 minutes so I was hoping for some serious luck but it didn't happen.

Maxou passed me into turn 1 on much fresher hard tyres and I didn't fight it at all as there was no real point. Hamres was closing in as well but I pitted just as he got close to me.

I came back out at the start of lap 21 just ahead of TubbyNinja's McLaren so the overcut worked out ok and I was about 3.5 seconds off of Bankai who was running 9th. Caught Bankai by the end of S1 on the next lap and managed to pass into the chicane after a huge slipstream with DRS as well. Thanks to that tow and the new soft tyres I managed to do the fastest lap of the race and was now running 9th with my teammate ahead in 8th around 9 seconds ahead.

I knew the softs would go off pretty quickly so didn't really attempt to close down my teammate, I did get the gap down to around 4 seconds with a couple of laps to go but the tyres were struggling at that point. Kasper made an error ahead which put me up to 8th and then as I crossed the line both me and Cobra jumped Zack with his penalties so I finished up P7 and with the fastest lap.

It was a decent recovery considering what happened in qualifying and I think my race pace was ok but starting from the back and losing so much time in the opening stint made P7 the best I could do. All my own fault for getting greedy on that last run in qualifying.

Congrats to @maxou13-12 on the win and also @Hamres on P2, you guys seemed quite a decent way ahead in the end.

Maybe in Austria I'll get a qualifying time in which would make things a little easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: robin8f

AERO_Cobra

Rookie
Jan 13, 2014
Qualifying: 6th

Had decent-ish pace in the dry but it just had to be wet and I struggled massively. Not got 1 run in that was representative. Need to sort it out. 6th was the best I could do.

Race: 6th

Got a decent start and kept position. Guys around me were way more agressive and were going for moves all over the track. Lost a place to @Zaack at the start before getting the place back after he got a bad exit. Messed up the long right hander in s3 on lap 3 and Zack got past once again. Had a little incident with @SamGamerOfficial once again and almost got sent into the wall, luckily though no damage and I stayed ahead. On lap 6 I made the same error and now Sam had the position.

Decided to stay in the slipstream train without having to look for people trying to overtake at every opportunity they get, until I made yet another mistake. Zack was trying to overtake @Hasnain but they were going really slowly through the middle sector chicane and I ran into the back of Zack. Pitted for hards while also repairing wing damage and that was already pretty much race over.

@robin8f somehow emerged behind me after his pitstop but he overtook me quickly as he was way quicker than me. Rest of the stint was pretty lonely until I caught the back of @xUndefinedF1 and Zack. They battled for multiple laps until on lap 26 Kaspar got wiped out by Zack. Knew Zack had penalties so just sat behind him and jumped him through penalties to end up where I started, 6th.

Overall a very very bad race. I think it's the worst track on the calendar, but I was surprised that everyone got so quick all of a sudden, especially compared to Canada the week before. Anyway glad to get this out of the way and onto the proper race tracks. Well done to @maxou13-12 on your first win of the season, @Hamres22 for 2nd and @Hasnain for getting your first podium of the season. See you all in Austria.

Reactions: robin8f and Zaack

robin8f

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 20, 2019
Qualifying: 2nd
Loaded up qualy and checked the weather to find out it was intermediates for qualifying. Always disappointing if it isn't completely dry, but at least it wasn't full wets. I was quite happy with my pace after only a couple of wet tt laps and no intermediate tyre practice. A bit surprised (if I may say so) by @SolidNinjaSnake 's pace in qualifying, well done to him on getting pole.

Race: 4th
I'm a bit confused by some of the starts on this game, with people sometimes getting absolute rocket launches when the lights go out, but anyway, I went from P2 to P3 at the start, in the end not too bad. The following 5 laps was just being stuck behind @maxou13-12 and SolidNinja in the DRS train. You can't overtake in the corners unless the guy ahead makes a mistake, which they didn't, and I also wanted to stay cautious to not get any wing damage in case they braked early for a corner. On the straights overtaking wasn't possible yet, since Maxou had DRS from SolidNinja in front, but he couldn't get past him yet, so I had to patiently wait behind. Finally after some laps Maxou got past. SolidNinja then made a mistake at turn 1 which gave me the run on him into turn 3. Unfortunately though, he didn't give me enough space and hit me (at least that's how it is on my POV), sending me into a half spin and dropping me down 2 positions into P5 behind @xUndefinedF1 . I obviously wasn't happy with that.

Tried to overtake Kaspar a lap later and got side by side at turn 11 but couldn't complete the overtake, it was a nice little battle though. Then I unfortunately got a very weird spin. Initial traction was good, I didn't smash the throttle and I got no force feedback to signal any oversteer, but the car just suddenly and quickly completely spun. Dropped down to P9 behind @QVR_Maladictis , but overtook him again on the start finish straight.
Pitted lap 11 for hards, came out just above a second behind @AERO_Cobra and managed to overtake him a lap later. After that it was just constantly catching up to the guys ahead and overtaking them. First it was @Zaack , then @Bankai_Bullett , after that Kaspar, and finally SolidNinja, which got me into P3 on track.

@Hasnain had in the meantime pitted for soft tyres, I was afraid that he would overtake me, but when I checked it turned out that he had no penalties, meaning he would finish above me anyway. I had 6 seconds of penalties from the usual stupid little mistakes. After getting into P3 I also gained quickly on P1 and P2, so the pace was good, but I was too far behind already. In the end I finished P4 after the penalties. Disappointing result, but I guess you always have to look at the positives. I had some nice battles (except one lol) and many overtakes, my pace was good, and I still managed to reduce the gap to championship leader @Walsh89- , and increase the gap to Cobra behind me. Congratulations to Maxou on the victory, and @Hamres22 & Hasnain on P2 & P3. Looking forward to Austria, always a fantastic circuit to drive on.

silver-sponge

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 28, 2019
Hello ! I'm so sorry for not having inform my absence. Emergency with my girlfriend in the evening of Sunday. NORMALLY, I'm here for Austria. Very very sorry

Zaack

Pro Karter
Feb 24, 2019

I didn't have time to prepare this race as i wanted and that cause me a few penalties and a pace that wasn't the best but i'm happy with the result. Enjoy the highlights of my race. See you in Austria.

maxou13-12

Pro Karter
Jun 29, 2019
Very very happy for this win at my home gp
I make mistake on my qualif time and i finish p3 in qualif
In race I resist the whole race and I manage to win and win my first victory of the season
Very happy. I'll see you in Austria with little sleep because of the f1 on morning

Hasnain

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Qualifying went better than expected for this one and after surviving the first stint I managed what would probably be my one podium for the season.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying - P1
It made for an interesting qualifying with it being wet! I went out for my first run on Inters but I think I was a bit distracted by @SamGamerOfficial who went off at T7, smashed through the advertising board and hit the barrier. As I just went over track limits and invalidated the lap. I stayed out though and went again which surprisingly turned out to be good enough for provisional pole!

Put on fresh Inters and went again but I kept gaining and losing time throughout the lap and in the end improved only by 0.078, which at this point in time was only good enough for P2. I then put on my final fresh set of Inters for my final flying lap and to my surprise and amazement, got Pole Position with a 1:42.769! :D
It was close though, I only grabbed it by 0.094! I did lose a bit of time during it but yeah, can't complain with Pole! I wasn't expecting that! Nor was I expecting the gap between 3rd and I to be 5 tenths! So a good result! Finally got a podium last weekend, followed by a Pole Position here!

Race - P5
I always planned to do the Medium to Hard strategy due to the Softs overheating for me, so opted to start on the Medium tyre. For once I was finally able to take advantage of my usual good starts and not get blocked or anything thanks to being on Pole! Haha. The reality of my pace in the dry soon kicked in though as I had to start defending from @maxou13-12 on Lap 2. It was pretty much nonstop defending until Lap 5 when he finally got me at T1. It was a good battle over the course of the opening laps! I then had @robin8f behind me who had a go on Lap 7 at T3 where I thought we had just remained in position, but apparently we made contact which I didn't feel on mine. So apologies for that. I actually had a moment like that on the next lap, but I didn't realise Robin had dropped back until I got onto the long straight, looked behind and saw @Hamres22 there instead! Who speaking of which, got past me at T1 but I had a moment like with Robin where we made contact and I was almost sent into a spin. I could see it coming though as it reminded me of my incident from Spain, so I took it easy and was able to keep control of the car and remain now in P3.

Pitted on Lap 11 along with @Hamres22 for the Hard tyre. @maxou13-12 pitted on the next lap and still remained ahead of us. I then made my only on track overtakes of the race on those who hadn't pitted yet of @Bankai_Bullett and @Heaxxy. Then eventually @robin8f caught up to me and passed me on the DRS back straight on Lap 24, where I was promptly overtaken again at the same place on the next lap by their teammate @Hasnain, dropping me to P5. I couldn't do anything to try and regain the places and finished the race in P5. Missing out on P4 by 4 tenths thanks to my penalty...

Conclusion
I wasn't looking forward to this race at first but then I felt like I started to get better around here with practice and started to look forward to it. Qualifying was a brilliant surprise to get it on Pole but the race was disappointing. I think I just didn't have the pace in the dry for the race. I'm not sure if I was using ERS as well as I could have done either but yeah. I wasn't expecting to get beaten by both Red Bulls too, especially @robin8f after their spin on Lap 8 so that was a good recovery drive by them. Sure shows their pace for this tier after seeing their fastest lap on the Hard tyre was about a second quicker than the rest of us on it at the end I think haha.