AOR SUPER GT ELITE S1 ROUND 4: NÜRBURGRING GP [02/07/18 8PM UK TIME] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR SUPER GT ELITE S1 ROUND 4: NÜRBURGRING GP [02/07/18 8PM UK TIME]

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016

Round 4 - NÛRBURGRING GP
Event Information
● Date: 2nd July 2018
● Lobby Opens: 7:45PM (UK Time)
● Event Starts: 8:00PM (UK Time)
● Event Format
-Qualifying: 15 Minutes
-Race: 60 Minutes

●Track Map

● Weather Conditions:
-Fine Weather

● In-game time-of-day:
08:30 PM

Manual Rolling Start Information:
● Formation Point

● Acceleration Zone

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we won't be able to do anything.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Not sure what to expect at this track, other then the given of @jamie-995 & @Solenx86 (if he's racing) to both qualify on the front row and then the pair to both píss off into the distance 5 minutes into the race and never be seen again.:hilarious: (unless there lapping you)

Oh whats happening with the formation and acceleration points, are those listed official for the race @F4H_Green?

Reactions: ItzFrisky_CJ

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Oh whats happening with the formation and acceleration points, are those listed official for the race @F4H_Green?
I've been trying to upload pictures of Formation point and Accelleration Zone, but the forum don't like me or it atm. In SemiPro We're (as I write in the top post) using ADVAN BOGEN (turn) and last turn before start/finish as Accelleration Zone start. Start/finish line will be end of Accelleration Zone. Maybe @F4H_Green can do something before tonight?

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Sorry it totally slipped my mind to get them done, will be up shortly :)

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I've done less than 50 laps at Nurburgring on this game total, because of how much people extend every corner in sport mode I avoid it. I've done 0 practice for this race, so I'm fully expecting a back of the pack race. Top 5 is a very optimistic goal. Points is the realistic goal.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
So there appears to be some issues with the site regarding uploading images, so see this tweet for formation and acceleration zones:

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
What a waste of time, I hate this track. Car felt like ****, nothing would work, had no pace. Crashing back down to earth after a strong race last time.

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
Fun race. Definitely had the pace to get a few points but a few mistakes proved very costly for me. Cheers for the race and congrats to Jamie.

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
No pace and then I undefuelled by accident on the final stop.

I didn’t really practice this week after my two DSC’s so it’s my own fault.

At least I finished!

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Championship isn't over! I have 51 and Jamie has 102, if I don't get pole at Yamagiwa, it's over! Can't upload the championship scores apparently but theres 3 points between p2 and p4.

Attachments

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Championship isn't over! I have 51 and Jamie has 102, if I don't get pole at Yamagiwa, it's over! Can't upload the championship scores apparently but theres 3 points between p2 and p4.
No need! we have results tables now!

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Not a bad night for me, qualy was a slight disappointment but to be honest I don't think I'll ever get and match a top 6 starting spot like last week anytime soon, the race was a good old fashioned hard slog and I got the best result I could.

In qualy I didn't properly hook up a lap and was just within a second and a half of pole and ended up 13th (just a hundredth behind 12th) though I did leave over 4 tenths out there so it was a bit disappointing.

As for the race I had a decent start maintaining my position after the opening laps but for whatever reason I just wasn't having a good opening stint and I don't think I broke into the 1:45's at all, either way I dropped down to last a few laps into the race when @F4H_Green threw one down the inside at T7 (I had no problem with the move) it sort of caught me out but we made It work, and it was probably for the best that he got past as he had a tad more pace then me at that time.

And pretty much not much else happened in that opening stint other then I was able to keep in touch with the drivers in front 10th-13th and I felt reasonably confident I could get a point if I improved my pace for the rest of the race. I think Callum pitted first from our group, (a few laps before everyone else) then in a procession Jake, Cian, Green and myself all stopped on the same lap however after I made my stop I was able to jump the lot of them, which was a pleasant surprise and a very welcome one at that.

I exited in 11th with @CianG-4 about a couple seconds or so behind, and it basically started the longest game of cat and mouse for the rest of the race between the pair of us.:lol:

With clean air and I was able to up my pace and was doing 1:45's no problem in the opening laps of this stint and at the halfway point of the race I had pulled about 6 seconds out on Cian behind, but also I was now at the tail end of what seemed a quite big scrap from 6th downwards but spread over about 5-6 seconds, it was at this point I caught up to Callum and he pitted again and it moved me upto 10th, things were going well enough but then I made my only notable error of the race at the NGK-Schikane and threw away about 2.5 seconds.

And just like that I was on the back foot for the rest of the stint my pace dropped off a fair bit & Cian started to catch me slowly but surely and any ideas of challenging for a higher position was now long gone. I managed to keep Cian about a second back as I pitted for the second time and he followed me, and we came out about the same margin apart (I might have gain half a second I can't remember for sure), but yet again I had a very quick pace out of the blocks and even did a 1:45.2 in the opening laps of this stint which was my fastest lap I had ever done in this car around here.

I pulled out a good 4/5 second lead over Cian but as the timer ticked down to the end of the race are pace evened out and then Cian once again started to reel me in, with a couple laps to go he got the gap down to 3 seconds, but to be honest at this point I just knew I had to do solid laps and make no big errors, he took another bit of time out of me on the second last lap.

But as we started the final lap I noticed I was catching @x Shuffle at a very quick pace despite my pace being in the 47's, though as he was about 5 seconds ahead I sort of just thought 'he's probably fuel saving and I ain't going to catch him, not enough time' anyway with about 2 seconds advantage over Cian entering the NGK Schikane for the last time I knew I had done enough, but then as I went round the final corner I was very shocked to see Shuffle going slow towards the finish line, unbelievably I was able to steal 9th from him on the line.

Not going to lie I was very happy to gain a place at the end, it was a massive bonus and felt like a reward for me I did feel sorry for Shuffle though, as you haven't had a lot of luck this season.
(I hope you get a result you deserve in the remaining 2 races.)

Looking back at my race and the final results, 9th was realistically the maximum I could achieve tonight, though I was only 20 seconds off 5th and 10 seconds from 8th, I would have needed to be a lot more consistent with my race pace to have a chance of finishing higher tonight I think the opening stint was pretty poor for me but other then that, funnily enough I'm actually happier with this 9th place finish instead of the 8th at Brands Hatch last week.

Anyway congrats once again to 'champion elect' @jamie-995 on another seemingly flawless machine like performance and to the podium finishers West & Solenx, lastly just wanted to also say thanks to Cian for keeping me on my toes for most of that race, it made my life hell at the time but it was fun.:happy:

Oh If people want see my race highlights, or basically my struggle to keep the never ending pursuit by Cian at bay for 40 minutes, then this pretty much sums it up perfectly, luckily for me he didn't get close enough to do @0:55.;):hilarious:

Last edited:

West408

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2018
Im enjoying reading and writing these race reports so I’ll continue contributing.

Got home from work and sat down to practice, felt great and managed a high 44 on lap 5, without knowing what times Jamie could pull out I though I’d have a good shot at podium. Ran a 12 lap test stint starting at 49% fuel and got a strategy planned, good start.

Took a break, made tacos and had a beer and stayed away from the wheel until after 8, got back in the groove but didn’t find the 44s so wasn’t super happy starting the quali. Anyway, had shitty laps for 12 minutes and then I was around +120 in sector 2 on the last lap, ****. Somehow I pulled a perfect T10-11 combo and stuck the last part for a -0.022 P2 ahead of @TNR_FILO

Got a good start and didn’t loose to much time on Jamie but had FILO close behind, finally I made a mistake at T11 and I lost P2, pace dropped but wasn’t to far behind. Pitted on lap 12 and got out P2 with no traffic, something happened to FILO and Solen so I ended up in the same situation as last week, my own race with a large gap up and down.

I’m really happy with P2 cause I never found the pace I had in practice, but it felt good and I didn’t spent to much time outside the white lines.

Congrats @jamie-995, nice to see 2 ???? flags on the podium, these next 2 races will be important for the championship! Hopefully the games today and next Wednesday will put the Scandinavians ahead of England, looking at the history we have been on the winning side, we will see?

Reactions: jamie-995

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Not too bad everything considered. Started practice at 7:15 and was only a few seconds off a top 5. Qualified 8th on my last attempt, with a late 45 or something, which was obviously a pb.

Momentarily got to 5th in the first corner, then we went three abreast twice so obviously a little barging was happening, and came out of it 6th. Was just trying to be consistent and that's what I did, mid to low 46s most of the race. Put more fuel than needed in my second stop because I was hoping I could keep up and then jump at the second round. I jumped @Shellay for 6th running just behind Frisky but I just wasn't fast enough, got a love tap when I was getting passed by Shellay and then had to settle for 7th.

Not gonna lie though, I'm appalled by the people who thought it was acceptable to go super wide at T4 every single lap, I thought the idea was to stay within the limits, because not only was it faster by about 3 tenths of a second a lap, it also saves tyres as you're not putting through all the pressure. Definitely felt 5th was possible if I cheated like the majority of people. My goal was to stay 2nd in the championship so I'm not too upset though.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
either way I dropped down to last a few laps into the race when @F4H_Green threw one down the inside at T7 (I had no problem with the move)
Yeahh i didn't quite mean to do that, was seeing if I could brake a little later and ended up making it into a divebomb.

Reactions: Shellay

Shellay

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 2, 2017
got a love tap when I was getting passed by Shellay
We had a lot of light side on contact in the race I was having a great time ?

I do apologise for running into the back of you at the chicane on whatever lap it was but considering how badly I missed the braking zone, I think I did a half decent job of minimizing the impact.

As for all the dirty cheating I was doing, Turn 4 has always been extended in series I've watched growing up, kinda like the exit of Ascari at Monza. But yeah i won't lie, definitely some laps I and others got a little carried away.