AOR SUPER GT S1 ELITE ROUND 3: BRANDS HATCH GP [25/06/18 8PM UK TIME] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR SUPER GT S1 ELITE ROUND 3: BRANDS HATCH GP [25/06/18 8PM UK TIME]

LJM_Stevo

Pro Karter
May 16, 2018
Bottled a potential podium however I think @F4H_Green was too quick even if a didn’t spin 3-4 times in as many laps. Still really pleased with 5th (but should have been 4th on overall pace) especially considering I was only fighting for low points the first 2 races

HRacingGreen

2 Time GT Sport League Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Slowed down a lap too early because I'm evidently retarded, but other than that it was a great race. Had a horrifying quali because I didn't do any practice at all so just could not hook it up, but then the combo of bottlejobs and great race pace (first time I've had quality pace on worn tyres this season) meant I climbed the 7 positions and grabbed my first podium. Really happy with that.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Still think its a farce that we didn't race last week. The update changed how these cars drive, so I lost all pace completely relatively to everyone else. All you people who quit the race that wanted to watch the football should be ashamed of yourself.

aor race 3.png

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well that was a much better performance overall for me, in qualy I had one of those very rare performances where I actually hooked up a lap, I had done a 1:14.2 while practicing a qualy run a night ago but to be within 3 tenths of that when it really mattered and to end up P6, was a higher position then I thought I could qualify so it was a pleasant surprise.

As for the race, after qualy I wasn't sure what to expect but it became clear that a few of the cars who qualified behind me had better race pace, with the start I wasn't too happy with @ItzFrisky_CJ who decided to make it 3 wide at Paddock hill bend (T1):wtf:.

I mean damn I know people want to make up places at the start but its an hour race, theres plenty of time to pass people, if I didn't ease off the throttle and decided to battle instead then were making contact there and likely having a big crash, it only worked out this time for you ItzFrisky because I did the sensible thing, but at corners like that please don't try a move like that again especially right at the start (making it 3 wide) as your unnecessarily putting other cars at risk, though I will make it clear I don't have any issue when people try to overtake normally. (as long as its in a safe manner)

Anyway back to race I somehow only lost 1 place by the end of the first lap and the first few laps were going well, however I made a minor error at stirlings and lost a place to @Shellay and then I did the same exact thing a couple laps later which allowed @SwOiL to get past and again a couple laps I then had a fast @F4H_Green behind me and he passed me (I can't remember where and how though :D).
I think I was running around P8 at this point and I decided to make my first stop of the race slightly earlier then I intended as I was struggling with my tyres I came out in 10th and a few laps later, the drivers that were a few seconds ahead of me before my stop made there first stop.

I had jumped a couple of drivers but unfortunately during this phase I had my only major issue and it was just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, I was rapidly catching someone just exiting the pits it affected my concentration and I went just a bit too wide through paddock hill as I was worried I was going to hit the back of them and I went off and got stuck in the gravel for what felt like an eternity, I ended up losing 15 seconds and it cost me several places.

After that I refocused and realised I was now battling for tail end points at best, the rest of my race became a 3 car battle for 7th basically with me @CallumS44 & @vajbTV swapping 7th - 9th on several occasions as strategy played out, in the end after I made my last stop I came out in 8th about 8 seconds behind vajb and 5 seconds ahead of Callum, I got the gap down to 5.5 to vajb but are pace was pretty even between us towards the end so with only a few minutes and laps left I eased off a little bit (which lost me about 5 seconds) and decided to make sure I finished a comfortable 8th after Callum pitted again.

Looking back at the race I felt a tad disappointed afterwards, I mean if you had offered me 8th in the race before qualy I would have taken it but its the fact that I had that big off that cost me 15 seconds and 7th at least, also when I look at the final results I was only 20 seconds from 5th with 4th only a couple seconds further ahead, I know I could have had a chance of at least being involved in a battle for 5th. my race pace was probably a little bit slower overall, I could match the top end of the midfield times at the beginning of the stint but after 6/7 laps my pace would drop off I guess I was munching through my tyres to much.

But I can still take plenty of positives from this, especially as after the first 2 races I was starting to be a little bit concerned with my pace compared to the midfield, it was important that I proved to myself that I actually could properly compete at this level and after my qualy and race performance last night I feel I proved this to myself, though it probably did help that I could steer the car properly.:hilarious:

Lastly I just want to say well done to the top 3, though while 2nd place @West408 was in a different race to us pace wise, the winner @jamie-995 was racing on a different planet.

Reactions: jamie-995

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oh yeah what happened to you?

Did the update just change the Lexus or all Super GT cars? As I didn't really notice anything different about my NSX since the new update, oh by the way I'm still waiting for that 14th at Monza. ;)
I believe that something has happened to make them slightly more grippy but go through tyres more. It's not huge, but it's noticeable. I felt like they were faster by 2 or 3 tenths a lap and I just didn't get used to it in time.

Also just changed it so you are now 14th at Monza ;)

Reactions: Wobbuffet

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
Oh yeah what happened to you?
Qualified 2nd, very pleased with that even if my lap was a bit messy. Couldn’t keep up with @jamie-995 for the opening laps, he was just 2 or 3 tenths quicker every lap. But I was maybe a tenth or so a lap quicker than @West408 so it was looking good for a P2. Then I clipped the grass on the GP circuit corner and dropped back to P3. Still looked good for a podium, until I spun again this time on the third to last corner and fell behind @LJM_Stevo into P4. Pitted a lap early to get the undercut on him and I was back up into P3, looking to get the podium and keep it safe and consistent. BUT THEN, BT broadband stepped in, and dropped my internet for like a minute and that was the end of that.

I was less annoyed than last week, because I wasn’t expecting anything from Monza and I’d managed to get up into a podium position through some great work, whereas this time I felt I actually had some decent pace but I was just making errors. But still, I mean come on.

I’m going to end up getting relegated here because I can’t finish a race.

West408

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2018
Somehow I quailed 3rd and still felt I hade a few more tenths in the car, but you can’t complain over a top 3 quali. Didn’t get the best start so ended up going 2 wide with @Browneskiii, caught a little penalty on the grass at T2 exit but I felt I had superior pace so pushed on and got out ahead in T3, from there I grew a comfortable gap.

P2 seemed possible but could not get good enough laps to really catch up, think the gap grew and decreased slightly over the stint. Then the grass found another victim and @x Shuffle gave me P2. When the pit window opened I saw a big gap at the end of the big middle group so I went in for my first stop, came out i clean air and didn’t even catch up before they started pitting, perfect! Then came the 40 minute solo race, got within 5s of @jamie-995 after his stops but he was on a different strategy and a totally different pace!

Strategywise I think 3 stop was the safer way to go for us who isn’t jamie, probably around the same total time as a 2 stopper but hard to say with 30 sec to the nearest racer in the end. A 1:13.1 optimal but never got under 1:13.8, many laps felt great, lots of high 13s and low 14s laps, but still lots of small mistakes.

Really to bad with the disconnect, even with the mistakes I think there might have been a fight for P2, now I could go really safe without any pressure.

Congrats @jamie-995 and nice to see @F4H_Green climb up the field on probably the worst track for overtaking!

jamie-995

AOR PS4 RallyCross S1 Champion
Jan 4, 2016
Qualifying 1st: First one of the season, so was obviously very happy with the lap.

Race 1st: Managed to get a good jump at the start & build a nice lead throughout the opening stint & apart from one potentially disastrous mistake (at around 8:20 into the video), it was pretty smooth for the rest of the race.

Delighted to now get 3 successive wins, well done to @West408 & @F4H_Green on their podium finishes & bad luck again to @x Shuffle, hopefully your luck changes sooner rather than later.