AOR SUPER GT S1 PRO ROUND 1: DRAGON TRAIL SEASIDE (04/06/18 8PM UK TIME) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR SUPER GT S1 PRO ROUND 1: DRAGON TRAIL SEASIDE (04/06/18 8PM UK TIME)

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Copy of Copy of AOR GTSport Banner.png

Round 1 - Dragon Trail Seaside
Event Information
● Date: 4th June 2018
● Lobby Opens: 7:45PM (UK Time)
● Event Starts: 8:00PM (UK Time)
● Event Format

-Qualifying: 15 Minutes
-Race: 60 Minutes

● Track Layout:
Dragon_Trail.jpg

Weather Conditions:
-Cloudy

In-game time-of-day:
13:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
● Formation Point

Formation Point DT.jpg

● Acceleration Zone
ACCELERATION ZONE DT.jpg

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Informed No-Shows:

BearTaiko

Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2017
Hello everyone.

Which side for the poleman? I ask the question because the first corner is at full throttle

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hello everyone.

Which side for the poleman? I ask the question because the first corner is at full throttle
Please watch the tutorial again mate. Poleman always start inside compared to the first corner. As first corner on Dragon Trail is a right, Poleman will start at the right hand side.

BearTaiko

Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2017
Please watch the tutorial again mate. Poleman always start inside compared to the first corner. As first corner on Dragon Trail is a right, Poleman will start at the right hand side.
I know exactly the rules but for this situation, i think that the poleman has a disavantage to start on the right.

This is why i'm asking this question ;)

Reactions: Browneskiii

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
I know exactly the rules but for this situation, i think that the poleman has a disavantage to start on the right.

This is why i'm asking this question ;)
But this is how the rules are.
I don't agree on the poleman having a disadvantage here. He decide when We start and he has the shortest way to the first left hand corner. He can choose to use those two advantages to go to the left and close the door, but by doing so he might compromise his line through the first left. But no matter all of this, the poleman allways start on the inside for the first corner.

Reactions: BearTaiko

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
What a disaster...

GT Sport is messed up, and my race was awful, I made too many mistakes! My first league race in nearly 2 years and my god it felt like it - my braking leg nearly gave up in the last 10 mins!

Shame everyone had problems, hopefully we sort it by next week!

cbckly917

Pro Karter
May 7, 2018
Perhaps more than 20 minutes practice would do me some good....lol. Race was messy, went FULL Verstappen twice in the chicane but came away with 5th. PD needs to fix their **** regarding the starts.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Well rolling starts seemed to work without issues so why not change to this permanently? In 70 hours of GTS I never had any issues, so why not go with something that works?
In regards to voiding the race or re-runing it. Why did we even start in the first place?
I mean sweating for one hour in a tense race and to void or re-run it, wouldn’t be such a great idea.
Just my 2 cents on this.

Reactions: BearTaiko

Gabri04Martin

Semi-Pro Karter
May 4, 2018
Rolling start caused problems too, four drivers out I think in that point, including me, because automatic driver didn´t let you drive.
I was really mad, but I don´t know what is the solution for that. ?

--VAGlenn--

Junior Karter
May 24, 2018
My car was auto driving to and acted really strange... so I had to quit the race... Thanks bankai for all the effort btw

Bexan2000

Pro Karter
May 23, 2018
We hade this problem in the Swedish Racing League once we try everything, restart, gridstart, rolling nothing work ending we need to cancel the race. The strange was that different problems on each try, 4 drivers stuck on the grid, next try 1 driver continues in auto run and can not get in, next try 1st 2nd 3 place stuck on the grid and then it continue over and over. The only issues we could think of was that we hade Guest driver from Denmark and UK and somebody mentioned having seen Youtube that i could be the issue but i dont know? Internet connection issues?
I suggest we run a training race now this week and check that everything is working and the start is needed more practise some should read the start rules again include myself, it was a crazy start. It sucks that bugs, technical ruin the race and hope we have the technics with us next time. ? Test race, start practise needed for sure ???

msvance23

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Well rolling starts seemed to work without issues so why not change to this permanently? In 70 hours of GTS I never had any issues, so why not go with something that works?
In regards to voiding the race or re-runing it. Why did we even start in the first place?
I mean sweating for one hour in a tense race and to void or re-run it, wouldn’t be such a great idea.
Just my 2 cents on this.

I think people just wanted to race, and see if we had any other issues so we can sort them by next week! I do think it should be void as way too many people had problems not in their control

Reactions: Bexan2000

BearTaiko

Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2017
First of all, I apologize for my problems yesterday.

I think Gran Turismo online is not for me. I find the same concerns as Gran Turismo 6
Yesterday, first start, I'm stuck on the grid and I did not see @Zonander_ . Second start, I can drive but I see most people as ghosts.
And finally, I'm stuck in automatic mode.

I think that my connection is causing all these problems. After a test, even on a French host with only French, I bug too :(
So I think I will leave my place to avoid problems in the next races.

I hope that my withdrawal will not penalize me to participate later in another AOR championship.

Sorry @Bankai_Bullett for the problems caused and thank you for trying to find a solution

Reactions: Zonander_

Zonander_

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2018
Hi and first of all thank you all that got to drive for good sportsmanship and race etikette when being lapped. Much apreciated.

Second, i would like to express my apologies for stoppning at the formationpoint. As i did not know that some had autodrive i slower down to keep the field togeather. Next time (if im on pole) ill keep my 130kph up to formationpoint and then go 160kph directly. Sorry if i caused any gaps because of this.
I ensure you that this is a mistake i wont repeat.

As for the race, i managed to get away early in the start and opened up a 3sec gap om the first lap. While extending to 6sec i settled down to an average pace of 1:27:7 not willing to risk too much since ive had problems with consistensy on this track before. Lifting in the bussstop and being careful of tire wear. As i got up to 11 laps i felt that safety was somewhat comprimised so i pitted , realising that i would have to do a 3stopper. And since i noticed @Bexan2000 was fuelsaving this could be a race determined by avoiding misstakes and doing an as short last stint as possible. If my math "in race" was correct i would come out about 3-4 seconds behind Bexan2000 after the last pitstop. But i overfueled due to uncertainty about however we would get 40 or 41 laps.
Last stint 6-7 seconds up to the leader. Now i had to push for the first time in the race. Not managing to put in a optimal lap (according to my self) i managed to close the gap after 2 laps. And on the 3rd @Bexan2000 had obvious problems with tirewear so i got a better exit on the straight and could brake past in the chicane. Bexan did an excellent job of keeping a really thight line and was close behind. It was first on the top of the mountain that i got a gap and boken the slipstream.
Not wanting to loose my rythm i keept pushing until the finish.

Thank you all for this race and hopefully next one will be tighter.

Best regards from -
Precision Racing SWEDEN -
Zonander_
Philip Andersson

Last edited: