PS4 - AOR Touring Car S2 - PS4 Tier 1 - Round 1 - Long Beach | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Touring Car S2 - PS4 Tier 1 - Round 1 - Long Beach

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

ROUND 1 - Long Beach

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday August 21 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race 1: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Race 2: 30 minutes race with the AOR rolling start and an reverse starting order grid based on top 10 from race 1 reversed plus all remaining drivers from P11 in race 1 downwards.

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Medium Cloud
- Race 1:
Medium Cloud
- Race 2:
Light Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 27/04/2019 15:00
- Race 1 time: 27/04/19 16:00
- Race 2 time: 27/04/19 21:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @scld1808

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Driver briefing

Pit Entry

The pit entry at Long Beach is very close after the exit of the final turn (hairpin) and requires hard braking at a section of track where cars not entering the pits will be on full throttle. It is strongly advised to try to ensure that any drivers alongside or immediately behind you are aware that you intend to enter the pits on that lap. This can be by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P5 pitting this lap" (try not to assume that others will recognize your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times in the final section of track.
    • If you do flash your lights to inform of an intended pit entry, then you must make an attempt to enter the pits. Flashing your lights in most other situations is forbidden by the rules.
  • Keeping to the inside/right during and while exiting the final hairpin.
    • As this is not the normal racing line, this should help avoid the situation where a car behind on full throttle does not have time to react.

Pit Exit
The pit exit at Long Beach leads the exiting car directly onto a section of track which is commonly used as the normal racing line for cars on approach to turn 1 (picture below), and can easily lead to incidents if drivers on track are not fully aware that a car is exiting.

During the race; cars exiting the pits have priority over the pitlane, and it is the responsibility of the driver passing the pits to ensure there is no contact, it is strongly advised for all drivers to run with the 'track map' section of the HUD visible, and to check for people exiting the pits using that, before committing to taking the racing line which crosses onto the pit exit.

However, it is also advised that drivers exiting the pits should try to help ensure that others are aware they are, by either:
    • With a short message such as: "P10 exiting pits" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times after you have exited your box but before the pit limiter line.
    • As it is a night race, this is usually quite visible, despite the pit wall blocking direct view.
During qualifying; cars on track, and on a flying lap, have priority over cars exiting the pits to begin an outlap. To reduce the likelihood of issues, people planning to exit the pits are strongly advised to either:
  • First use the 'Monitor' section from the pits, to view the full track map, to ensure that there should be a significant section of free track to pull out into.
  • Exit the pits very slowly (or stop your car before the section that crosses the racing line), and check for cars approaching using the 'relative' display on the HUD, before continuing.

The_Kaiser-MSc

5 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2017
Driver briefing

Pit Entry

The pit entry at Long Beach is very close after the exit of the final turn (hairpin) and requires hard braking at a section of track where cars not entering the pits will be on full throttle. It is strongly advised to try to ensure that any drivers alongside or immediately behind you are aware that you intend to enter the pits on that lap. This can be by either:
    • With a short message such as: "P5 pitting this lap" (try not to assume that others will recognize your car from only your voice/name)
    • If you do flash your lights to inform of an intended pit entry, then you must make an attempt to enter the pits. Flashing your lights in most other situations is forbidden by the rules.
    • As this is not the normal racing line, this should help avoid the situation where a car behind on full throttle does not have time to react.

Pit Exit
The pit exit at Long Beach leads the exiting car directly onto a section of track which is commonly used as the normal racing line for cars on approach to turn 1 (picture below), and can easily lead to incidents if drivers on track are not fully aware that a car is exiting.
View attachment 93416

During the race; cars exiting the pits have priority over the pitlane, and it is the responsibility of the driver passing the pits to ensure there is no contact, it is strongly advised for all drivers to run with the 'track map' section of the HUD visible, and to check for people exiting the pits using that, before committing to taking the racing line which crosses onto the pit exit.

However, it is also advised that drivers exiting the pits should try to help ensure that others are aware they are, by either:
    • With a short message such as: "P10 exiting pits" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times after you have exited your box but before the pit limiter line.
    • As it is a night race, this is usually quite visible, despite the pit wall blocking direct view.
During qualifying; cars on track, and on a flying lap, have priority over cars exiting the pits to begin an outlap. To reduce the likelihood of issues, people planning to exit the pits are strongly advised to either:
  • First use the 'Monitor' section from the pits, to view the full track map, to ensure that there should be a significant section of free track to pull out into.
  • Exit the pits very slowly (or stop your car before the section that crosses the racing line), and check for cars approaching using the 'relative' display on the HUD, before continuing.
@Michel--NL mate but it is no longer safe to never cross the box line like we did in Indycar S3? In the race maybe not but in qualifying it's very dangerous in my opinion :unsure:

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Driver briefing

Pit Entry

Pit Exit
View attachment 93416

this crops up everytime.
what is the track limits so we are all in the same page?
Two wheel over red line only, in game it's red, white and yellow or all the way to the wall?

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Michel--NL mate but it is no longer safe to never cross the box line like we did in Indycar S3? In the race maybe not but in qualifying it's very dangerous in my opinion :unsure:
this crops up everytime.
what is the track limits so we are all in the same page?
Two wheel over red line only, in game it's red, white and yellow or all the way to the wall?
There are no track limits at the pix exit. So you can go all the way to wall.
That's how we did it in the GT3 and that's how we are going to do it with the touring cars.

Also I don't think anybody is going to pit...that will bring you for sure to last place ;)

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Sadly we are not going to have this league streamed at the AOR channel. But I will do an stream where i'm trying to catch all the actions :)

When the first race is finished there will be an little break (3-5 minutes) starting from the results screen off the first race. This will give me some time to get the starting order in place and setup the lobby for the next race.
When you feel you are ready for the next race, press the thumbs up in the lobby, so I know you are back from your smoke break ;)
Check the PSN chat for race 2 starting order.

And if for some reason you are getting kicked out off the first race, I will send you an new invite for the second race.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Congrats @WelshMsport for the first race win. First AOR race (or not?) and taking first place in his first race (y)
And @VSR Thomasethan for the second race win (y)

I totally forgot how to get in place for the second race with the rolling start, but looking at the stream it was all going ok.
Did see some nice racing...great job guys. The hardest track is done ;)

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Guys , just need to take 10 % less at the start as guys crashing I had caution but guys behind decided to still push and force way through, it's on my video and easy to spot so if that's you calm it down please.
it caused me to have damage right away so I was already at a disadvantaged

Not an ideal first race or track for the first one.

my second race happy to get podium and fastest lap. Just did not go my way though to get a lucky break to pass and get in front and try and gap it and got more and more damage as the race went on causing more mistakes as the car did not do what I wanted it to ,oh well.

impressed @VSR Thomasethan with our respectful driving shame it was brief but a lesson in clean racing .
One corner I was in trouble and went deep , you could have brushed passed but you backed off and gave space and respect so thanks.

Last edited:

The_Kaiser-MSc

5 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2017
Q. + R1: sorry to have thwarted the pole for a breath, maybe 3rd place was within reach but it was a fun race.

R2: I destroy a masterpiece race, I had now the victory in hand but brake 100 meters later and ends the dream against the curve 1 tires.

I hope for a prompt redemption from the next race but I'm certainly really disappointed with the mistake of race 2, heavy points that will be crucial in a hard-fought championship like this.

Congratulations to the winners of both races @WelshMsport & @VSR Thomasethan and the guys on the podium.

CaptainSlow-AJW

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 12, 2019
Why is my reliability 75, I have made all 4 races and was taken out is race 4 and drove to the pits and retired because of damage?

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Why is my reliability 75, I have made all 4 races and was taken out is race 4 and drove to the pits and retired because of damage?
3 out of 4 finished races = 75%
You disconnected after retiring to the pits in lap 6. So that's and DSC and not an DNF. DNF is retiring to the pits and DSC is disconnect from the lobby. Please next time stay in the lobby instead of disconnecting because that can cause problems with the game.

CaptainSlow-AJW

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 12, 2019
3 out of 4 finished races = 75%
You disconnected after retiring to the pits in lap 6. So that's and DSC and not an DNF. DNF is retiring to the pits and DSC is disconnect from the lobby. Please next time stay in the lobby instead of disconnecting because that can cause problems with the game.

View attachment 93965
I wouldn't stay in a lobby just sat there after being taken off mate. I have run a league myself for 2 years and it's never affected my championship when people have left a lobby?

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I wouldn't stay in a lobby just sat there after being taken off mate. I have run a league myself for 2 years and it's never affected my championship when people have left a lobby?
You could have just repaired you car and got back to racing like some drivers did, think 3 off them got damaged and got into the pits for repairs. If you run a league for your self then you know how frustrating it could be if drivers rage quit ;)

CaptainSlow-AJW

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 12, 2019
We all get on and are treated fairly so no body rages quits in mine, as I didn't yesterday. I retired due to heavy damage not caused by myself. People do have accidents and retire, I wouldn't expect then to sit in a lobby doing nothing as it has no effect on the game to leave?