PS4 - AOR Touring Car S2 - PS4 Tier 1 - Round 4 - Ruapuna GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Touring Car S2 - PS4 Tier 1 - Round 4 - Ruapuna GP

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

ROUND 4 - Ruapuna GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday September 11 2019
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Race 1: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Race 2: 30 minutes race with the AOR rolling start and an reverse starting order grid based on top 10 from race 1 reversed plus all remaining drivers from P11 in race 1 downwards.

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Medium Cloud
- Race 1:
Medium Cloud
- Race 2:
Medium Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 27/09/2019 15:00
- Race 1 time: 27/09/19 16:00
- Race 2 time: 27/09/19 17:00 (time progression 10x)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @VSR Thomasethan

Uninformed No Shows:

Last edited:

Camo_C

2 Times AOR PS4 Project Cars2 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
I reckon low/mid 1:25s is reasonable? No doubt someone will produce a 1:24
Touching some high 1:25's and low 1:26's. Some corners I'm still having to work on, just to get the braking zone down to a Tee

The_Kaiser-MSc

5 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2017
I reckon low/mid 1:25s is reasonable? No doubt someone will produce a 1:24
Touching some high 1:25's and low 1:26's. Some corners I'm still having to work on, just to get the braking zone down to a Tee
we start on the 24,5s to touch the 25s ... after 3-4 laps the rubber wear becomes fundamental :)

The_Kaiser-MSc

Premium Member
Oct 1, 2017
It's been good , shame touring cars is not raced more often as it's such a fun series, can drive really close when you race with others that have full control of car and have similar pace .
Honestly, I started with more enthusiasm when I entered the tournament because I came from some race with BMW and I remember a great driving pleasure but since I have been with Renault, this front-wheel drive turns off every emotion in driving it. I hope there will be other tournaments in the future, but single-brand at BMW :p

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Honestly, I started with more enthusiasm when I entered the tournament because I came from some race with BMW and I remember a great driving pleasure but since I have been with Renault, this front-wheel drive turns off every emotion in driving it. I hope there will be other tournaments in the future, but single-brand at BMW :p
Not had much experience with the Beemer so not sure but the times I have had it's harder to drive on most tracks and could you get as close drive wheel to wheel with the Beemer?
For sure I would try though a Beemer mini series

Reactions: The_Kaiser-MSc

The_Kaiser-MSc

Premium Member
Oct 1, 2017
First of all, many congratulations to my friend @Jarryd Vermeulen , teammate and now TC AOR champion. It was an honor to share AOR's box and chat in these months and it will probably still be for a long time probably haha

As far as I'm concerned .... well, moral in pieces, in many, very small pieces: I had trained well, I had the pace to win (or sure to fight for the victory), I had taken pole at the last second ( I couldn't make a decent tour until that moment ...) and then at the start ... the game throws me out of the room. Race 2 I wanted to try to win it but unfortunately I could not avoid the BMW and with 16 of damage the hopes of going to get those in front have vanished at that moment (but 24.9 despite that damage makes me happy).

I awaited this final battle with anxiety and excitement but the game and destiny deprived me of all this. You will therefore understand that yes, I am super happy for Jarryd and our team, but personally I am really sad.

Thanks to all the guys in this fun tournament and thanks especially to our fantastic admin who, as always, have allowed us all this, always with maximum efficiency and organization. So if you do not have to participate in tournaments in the future, thank you very much to everyone, from the heart, for everything! Bye all

Last edited:

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
@The_Kaiser-MSc it was a real shame what happened. A truly sad moment. However I feel we can be proud of our team championship!! You had a great season my friend!! :p wish this battle could of ended in the way it was meant to, but sadly it was not meant to be.