Sep 30, 2014
Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd January 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
got really good pace around here, but i just know that im going to get steamrolled by someone who doesnt know what the **** their doing

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
i ask that people give me solidarity today...and for this race, please...ive just lost my grandma today, no more than an hour ago before this post is up... :(

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
i ask that people give me solidarity today...and for this race, please...ive just lost my grandma today, no more than an hour ago before this post is up... :(
My condolences man. All the best.

I can't race tonight by the looks of it due to two major issues. The first is the game is refusing to load. I get the title screen with all the faces, then it goes black, then it crashes to the dashboard. Taken the CD out and given it a clean, retarted the xbox etc and still no joy. So idk what that's about.

Also it appears the sound has blown on my tele since i'm not getting any from video clips or navigating through the dashboard. Obviously as a manual gear shifter that makes it difficult due to not hearing the engine note. I think there's a way I could get the sound to route through my headphones(?) but frankly without a working disc that's a moot point.

Rapidz F1

AOR XB1 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Feb 28, 2016
Please hurt me. Luck isn't improving. 20 points in 5 races is depressing. I'm stuck in a black hole with no way to get out.

Taylor Reynolds

F1 Race Winner
Apr 14, 2014
Please hurt me. Luck isn't improving. 20 points in 5 races is depressing. I'm stuck in a black hole with no way to get out.
Could be worse, you could've been 4th with 3 laps left, on a quicker tyre than those around you, and then get taken out, my luck is worse than yours, don't think I've had 20 points all season, could've had 25 today...

Reactions: Rapidz F1

Rapidz F1

AOR XB1 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Feb 28, 2016
Could be worse, you could've been 4th with 3 laps left, on a quicker tyre than those around you, and then get taken out, my luck is worse than yours, don't think I've had 20 points all season, could've had 25 today...
I know man. Very fustrating. Hope our luck changes :/

Reactions: Taylor Reynolds

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
I know man. Very fustrating. Hope our luck changes :/
There are moments it goes well and sometimes not but you still improve across all races you do, just never give.

By the way guys after 24 hours of racing I need rest.

Reactions: Rapidz F1

VBR Dast

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 18, 2016
The most exciting race ever. Qualified 17th and finished 8th.
Qualifying was extremely bad. I only did 1 lap because I came back at the last moment. The start was good, gained 1 palce after turn 1. Then a lot of people crashed between turn 4,5 and 6. After the first lap, I was already 9th. I was then chasing @Taylor Reynolds but could'nt overtake him, I couldn't get a good exit from turn 1 to overtake him with DRS. Great battle tho.
I had to do 1 extra lap because my mate pitted the same I wanted, costed me maybe 1 or 2 seconds. In the pit entry I almost done the most stupid thing, tried to change my tyres from SS to S, 1 meter before the entry, it went on wets and I last seconds changed back to SS... The stint on SS was really short, only 1 lap and then SC and back on the S. After the SC, almost done the overtake of the year on @CRMR11 , @AOR BiGGzY96 and @Jaxxy OG .I had a great exit from Eau Rouge, with DRS and slipstream, overtook all of them but I missed my breaking point and gave @AOR BiGGzY96 and @CRMR11 the position back.
After this I almost ended my race, touched Biggzy rear wheel with my front and sent me into the barriers, got yellow damage on the right front wing. For the last laps, managed to stay in front of @StubbornGymnast till the end of the race. Finished 9th but thanks to penalties I ended 8th. Really happy with my drive, 0 penalty and consistent drive. I hope the Italian GP will be as exciting as this one.
Shoutout to my mate who finished 2nd and @Taylor Reynolds for the battle.

Great race everyone and see you in Italy.