If you need my steam, the direct link is http//:www.steamcommunity.com/id/n0body_CS
Note: I cleaned out my friends list the other night and I might have removed a couple of you on accident. I'll try and go through and add as many of you as I can when I get back from 6th form, but you might want to check your friends lists just to be safe
After the race, you will need to go back to your initial sign-up post (in the sign-up thread) and fill in the evaluation race fields.
Recording your race director:
On the results screen after the race, enter the "race director" and take screenshots (or make a recording) of your lap times in the race director screen, and upload your pictures and add them to your initial sign-up post. This will help us get a better overview of your race pace.
How to take a screenshot: Press F12 (unless you changed that hotkey in your Steam settings).
How it works:
When joining the server the first time, you will only have access to the "Welcome to AOR" channel. In order to gain access to further channels, you will need to be added to one (or more) of the Racer groups. There's a Racer group for each of the games we have PC leagues on, and after being added to a group you will have access to join the channels relevant to that game. There are also two general chatrooms which users from any Racer group can use for casual bantz.
Note that the league race channels require you to use the push-to-talk feature in order to speak. Therefore it's important that you assign a convenient button for this (in the settings) before jumping in for league races. This is to ensure that we avoid background noise and distractions for the drivers trying to concentrate. In the general social/chat channels however you may use normal voice activation without having to push a button to talk.
How to join the server:
1. Download and install the Discord application from here.
2. Create an account if you don't have one already. You can also link your Steam user to your account for better integration.
3. Click the INVITE LINK. This should open the Discord app and add you into the server. Your account is now permanently granted access to the server, unless you should choose to leave it at some point, or get yourself banned for some reason (don't make us do this plz, thx).
4. You are now part of the "everyone" group with minimal permissions. In order to gain access to further voice channels, you need to request to join one (or more) of the Racer groups. Do this by posting in the #permissionrequest text channel, stating which Racer channels you need access to (basically whichever games you're part of AOR races/events on). A member of the Admin/Mod/Coordinator group will then fulfill your request whenever they're available to do so.
5. Chat away and enjoy the racing!
General Rules of Behaviour:
We expect you to behave in a mature way on the server. Avoid making insults, speaking rudely, or intentionally trying to annoy others. If you are seen to be an overly disruptive influence in the voice chat, chances are you will be banned from entering the server.
During league races while cars are on track, chat should be kept to a minimum, as people will be concentrating on their driving. Only important messages or information should be given during this time. Head over to the social channel should you desperately need to chat away with someone.
If you experience a frustrating moment in a race, please avoid voicing your instant annoyance or anger via the voice chat, as this creates an unpleasant atmosphere and could majorly put other drivers off. Take a breather, calm yourself down and wait until after the race has finished, or do it on the forum.
Obviously, don't post adult or explicit images or links in the text channels, as there are members on here who are quite young. And don't share any illegal material.