PS4 - Evaluation Race #1: 15th September 8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Evaluation Race #1: 15th September 8PM UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Can you out me down as a reserve if anyone drops out, might be the only time i can do one. I've applied for Sunday but its 50/50.

Thanks.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Can you out me down as a reserve if anyone drops out, might be the only time i can do one. I've applied for Sunday but its 50/50.

Thanks.
Ok. If nobody drops out of this one and you can't make the Sunday one, there will be more races next Friday-Sunday so keep an eye out for those

• Informative
Reactions: iSuperScrub

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I haven't signed up for the assists league I race with no assists
My bad. I mistook you for somebody else. If nobody drops out of today's race, you'll have to do one next week since you said you can't do the others that are available at the moment

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & S14 F2 + S13 F3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Well that was interesting. Only had my banker lap on the softs from qualifying so started P9. I'd been putting in mid 28s in practice so know I could've started on the front row if I'd had a lap on the supers. Mistimed my run so I started my lap with everyone coming out of the pits and just ended up blowing it. Had the fastest first sector too.

Felt confident going into the race with my strategy. But had a couple of weird things happen with my tyres. I started the race with a lot of tyre wear even though I only did 1 lap in qualifying, then picked up another 10% after being hit by a spinning car. Lost about 8 seconds from that and my tyres were toast after it, had 40% wear after 4 laps on the softs. Struggled to the end of the first stint, was way off my pace.

Then I bolted on the supersofts and felt like I was comfortably the quickest person on track in the second half of the race. Was instantly 3 seconds faster than I had been in the first stint, which is a bit strange. Managed to haul myself back to P7 but ran out of laps to get through the guys in front of me.

Frustrating race but I'll take having the fastest lap by 8 tenths. Think I would've been up there if not for the crash.

Also I think I punted someone off at turn 2 on lap 1, sorry to whoever that was. Didn't have any marker a car was there until it was in my sidepod.

GuytheGuy17

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 14, 2016
Good race for me. Was off the pace by a bit but that was not helped by my consistent sliding into the hairpin. Also I did not have enough fuel. Both cost me a shot at p3

blake300892

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Bit of a laggy incident and smacked out by my in lobby teammate who failed to wait.

I'll add race director pics to sign up now

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015
Enjoyed that race, was just cruising along and then all of a sudden I see @Simo911 hasnt pit and he is 10 secs ahead, did my best to catch up but could only get the gap down to 3 seconds, great strat mate, I should've have paid more attention to the quickest strat going into the race.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Bottled my second quali lap. Chose the wrong strategy. Apart from that, it was an alright race. I did have a half spin in the first stint which cost be about 5 seconds though

Status
Not open for further replies.