PS4 - Evaluation race #3 - 29th October | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Evaluation race #3 - 29th October

Ahmad Farah

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 12, 2017
Key Points for this afternoons Evaluation Race #3.
1- Make sure your Internet connection is at its optimal performance as you come online to race.

2- No one is to leave the Race Lobby, until we have all finished the race and Returned to the Main lobby - If your having a bad race and Quitt - Don't leave the lobby please - it just upsets the Lobby and causes Mass Disconnection.
See you soon guys and have a safe race. ;)
@YabbaTheHutt @mpc-v1 @chris130256 @Michel--NL @Delaney @KungJarnix @Mads Kjeldsen @pcsolima @Rasmus Andreasen @Wallgren @neonostra @Ahmad Farah @pete day
The room should be up by now where is it??????

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Don't know.
My wheel won't connect at all. stops calibrating and the mode led is flashing. Fanatec CSL Elite PS4
[DOUBLEPOST=1509295406][/DOUBLEPOST]Ans the live chat support from Fanatec isn't working...
Ok. See what you can do tomorrow and we'll see what happens (y)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Wil You be directing again tonight mpc?

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Had some weird stuff at the end of the qualification the shifters didn't work anymore :cautious:
With the start it was luckily back. Till round 6 it was gone again. Very strange....I was in 4th gear then it shifted automatic to 6th and then it was stuck at 6th gear :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I hope its a game bug and not a problem with my wheel. Also the controller didn't react anymore.

First laps nice racing with @pete day. Just didn't had the speed to make a good pass until lap 3.
Lap 5 I got from 7 to 4 because of an accident in turn 4 with two cars and @Rasmus Andreasen got wide in the same turn....lucky me I could avoid the cars :nailbiting:
and then.......The End. Parked the car outside the race track to get a scooter ride to the pits :bag:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Ow and by the way don't disconnect you'r wheel or you will get a screen with "Controller disconnected. Please reconnect the controller to continue."
Well you could reconnect all that you want, but you never get away from that screen until you restart the game. So I was stuck the whole race with a black screen :yuck:

20171029_195301.jpg

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I do appologise for the trouble getting the lobby setup correctly...:banghead:

Hopefully we learned somethings today:
Double check everything when setting up a lobby. Don't expect it to have the same settings as just before.
When tuning for the race, you must save a new setup. If you override an old one, it won't save.
Always go to the options menu - hud settings and back, otherwise you don't have any rearview mirror. I drove the whole race having to depend on the proximity arrow and mini-map. Led to a slight hit on @Wallgren when he lapped me :(

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
I Got most of the race at Youtube - look for RoninGT-Delaney. I'll load it he tomorrow when I have 2 min

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Always go to the options menu - hud settings and back, otherwise you don't have any rearview mirror.
I think that don't help. If you change HUD during the race, then the mirror is also gone. Its not always....but most of the time.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I think that don't help. If you change HUD during the race, then the mirror is also gone. Its not always....but most of the time.
I mean in the options menu before you click ready. It might be enough to do it in the quali but I'm not sure. If I toggle the HUD during the race I have almost nothing left on the screen...

KungJarnix

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 21, 2016

Double check everything when setting up a lobby. Don't expect it to have the same settings as just before.
When tuning for the race, you must save a new setup. If you override an old one, it won't save.
Always go to the options menu - hud settings and back, otherwise you don't have any rearview mirror. I drove the whole race having to depend on the proximity arrow and mini-map. Led to a slight hit on @Wallgren when he lapped me :(
I've also noticed some bugs concerning setting up races with private lobbies. The same car lock. Adjusting some details and other disappear. Looks like we have to learn it the hard way.

Great race in the end. Little lonely in the top for me though. Hooping for some battles with some Aliens in the future. Have a nice evening lads!

Ahmad Farah

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 12, 2017

First of all it was nice to be back and have a clean racing with respectful group of guys like all of you gents =))

Bug: a random tree appear at the middle of the straight finish line and I was like whaaaaaaaaaat!, it happen 3 times and after that the tree found another track maybe to invade.

It baffled me till this moment why SMS didn't include the (Medium Tyre Compound) coz I didn't pit last night I started on Hard & I finish on Hard & I could do like more than 33 laps.

It's gonna be an interesting Season i must say =))
Cheers

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Thanks for everyone's patience with the Game last night. I'm really sorry for the guys who had some BIG game fault Bug issues. :banghead::banghead:

:( It seems broken online (It is Broke)! at current and all we can hope for are some quick fixes asap. 45 minutes or so late!!! To get the Race finally underway is not really going to be the way forward, for League racing nights. ( through nobody's fault )!(y)

My left side Tyres were massively overheating all race and Qually, On the Hard Tyre. I was expecting to have to pit for fresh rubber at sometime - but mid race my tyres were showing Tyre wear still at 97%. So pitting with overheating tyres wasn't going to happen.

Car performance is a big worry also as the Ferrari - Mclaren (Dominating TTs and races alike)!:finger: are clearly standing out from the rest of cars - with the Audi coming a close third in levels of performance. Dissaponting this!:facepalm:, but again fixes and patches down the line will hopefully give more people of a realistic choice in future car selection.

Qually Was crap for me and just couldn't get any feel out of the R8. But felt perfect in an earlier online practice. Weird!
Had a decent start and had moved myself into P2 by turn 1 lap 1. Tried my Hardest to stick with Rocket ship Mclaren of @KungJarnix but by the end of lap 2 made a slight mistake at the Car park-Bus stop section! And that was that. I was loosing up to a second a lap to the leader and decided on lap 4 or so Not to push on and try and hold P2 for the remainder of the race. It worked out well, and put my fastest Lap of the race down on the final lap. :stig:

Got some more races to come and was thinking of a different more competitive car for the Remaining Evaluation races. But that would be too easy to pick the Other Rocket ships in the GT3 class. - So will stick with the Audi R8 I think or might switch to my favourite Porsche, don't know yet! :wideyed:

Thanks again for everyone's patience with this New Racer.
I was going to do a Race video. But would probably be a very boring watch. So probably won't bother now. ;):)

Last edited:

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Oh and saved the Race Replay, but when checked the saved race footage - Was missing the final 20 minutes or so. 40.50 was all it saved. Got more than enough free Data space available - So this is another bug I presume! (n):(

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
A little thing from last night.... I hope that I got everybody for some laps

Oh and this from mpc..

Last edited: