PS4 - Evaluation race #3 - 29th October | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Evaluation race #3 - 29th October

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Feelt bad not to se the "school bus" on track. Wish you better luck next time. We learn the hard way to slap that "ready" button before the race or else disqualify:banghead:
Metoo :rolleyes:
It wasn't that I did a Foggy (forgot), I was having problems saving my setup - Still, it was my own doing and a bug. Those dammed bug's. I love this game, but the bug's is slowly but surely killing my enthusiasm.

KungJarnix

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 21, 2016
Thanks for everyone's patience with the Game last night. I'm really sorry for the guys who had some BIG game fault Bug issues. :banghead::banghead:

:( It seems broken online (It is Broke)! at current and all we can hope for are some quick fixes asap. 45 minutes or so late!!! To get the Race finally underway is not really going to be the way forward, for League racing nights. ( through nobody's fault )!(y)

My left side Tyres were massively overheating all race and Qually, On the Hard Tyre. I was expecting to have to pit for fresh rubber at sometime - but mid race my tyres were showing Tyre wear still at 97%. So pitting with overheating tyres wasn't going to happen.

Car performance is a big worry also as the Ferrari - Mclaren (Dominating TTs and races alike)!:finger: are clearly standing out from the rest of cars - with the Audi coming a close third in levels of performance. Dissaponting this!:facepalm:, but again fixes and patches down the line will hopefully give more people of a realistic choice in future car selection.

Qually Was crap for me and just couldn't get any feel out of the R8. But felt perfect in an earlier online practice. Weird!
Had a decent start and had moved myself into P2 by turn 1 lap 1. Tried my Hardest to stick with Rocket ship Mclaren of @KungJarnix but by the end of lap 2 made a slight mistake at the Car park-Bus stop section! And that was that. I was loosing up to a second a lap to the leader and decided on lap 4 or so Not to push on and try and hold P2 for the remainder of the race. It worked out well, and put my fastest Lap of the race down on the final lap. :stig:

Got some more races to come and was thinking of a different more competitive car for the Remaining Evaluation races. But that would be too easy to pick the Other Rocket ships in the GT3 class. - So will stick with the Audi R8 I think or might switch to my favourite Porsche, don't know yet! :wideyed:

Thanks again for everyone's patience with this New Racer.
I was going to do a Race video. But would probably be a very boring watch. So probably won't bother now. ;):)
If the Audi can't coop with the McLaren on this track I think it's in trouble for the other races where this track should play to it's strengths. Also feel like the Ferrari being to "easy" (has no weakness )to drive a good pace this could be a slim selection of cars if you want to win. But taking tier management, weather effects and fuel consumption in effect maby longer stints paint a different picture. The McLaren does struggle in the wet it does not like puddles however you set it up. Let's gather some data and we what we think in the end of this league!

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
If the Audi can't coop with the McLaren on this track I think it's in trouble for the other races where this track should play to it's strengths. Also feel like the Ferrari being to "easy" (has no weakness )to drive a good pace this could be a slim selection of cars if you want to win. But taking tier management, weather effects and fuel consumption in effect maby longer stints paint a different picture. The McLaren does struggle in the wet it does not like puddles however you set it up. Let's gather some data and we what we think in the end of this league!
Absoultly m8 - Yeah this is what Season 8 will be all about - gathering Data etc. Be pointless though if people take it to seriously by picking the best/fastest cars just to put themselves in contention for Race Wins and pointless podiums - My concerns are that Grids will be mainly made up of Mclarens & Ferraris - but fully understand Racers need to be competitive and why would they pick a slower car anyhow. Not happening !
We only have 1 Wet Race at Brands - so see wet races a bit of a lottery anyhow .

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Also (y) all this should of been fixed and patched before release - which is winding me up no end - Its like we are all Lab Rats doing there research for them. SMS . .:rofl: But Sony Entertainment have also made things difficult with Beta Testing and other stuff !

Last edited:

pete day

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Hi as i disconnected last night will i have to do a race again? And at the start of the race i cnt load my setup the game is still broken

• Agree
Reactions: Ahmad Farah

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Hi as i disconnected last night will i have to do a race again? And at the start of the race i cnt load my setup the game is still broken
If you feel that the results of the race isn't showing your correct speed or racecraft, you can do another race (tomorrow or wednesday is left). If you're happy with yesterday, I need your fastest race lap. Didn't get that due to your dsc.

pete day

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
If you feel that the results of the race isn't showing your correct speed or racecraft, you can do another race (tomorrow or wednesday is left). If you're happy with yesterday, I need your fastest race lap. Didn't get that due to your dsc.
I dnt know my fastest time but i was in the 50s 51s in race so if want me to race again can u put me down for Wednesday race plz if u want me to do it but i am around the same pace as chris

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Oh, have no idea, was not looking at it. Keeping an eye on the gaps so that I could catch the battles.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
You except race data to appear in that window...but nothing comes. Or is it supposed to work like that?
I think there was a lot more feed in his first stream. Probably another bug...

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
added a picture to the post...not the best graphics...but you get the idea ;)

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Absoultly m8 - Yeah this is what Season 8 will be all about - gathering Data etc. Be pointless though if people take it to seriously by picking the best/fastest cars just to put themselves in contention for Race Wins and pointless podiums - My concerns are that Grids will be mainly made up of Mclarens & Ferraris - but fully understand Racers need to be competitive and why would they pick a slower car anyhow. Not happening !
We only have 1 Wet Race at Brands - so see wet races a bit of a lottery anyhow .
Think we are gonna see 8 or 9 488's per tier unfortunately. I was gonna use it but I don't wanna be a sheep so to say. They are gonna be hard to beat

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Think we are gonna see 8 or 9 488's per tier unfortunately. I was gonna use it but I don't wanna be a sheep so to say. They are gonna be hard to beat
Yup, the Ferarri and the Audi will dominate the car choice for sure. One of the things we're monitoring during the first season...