PC - F1 2013: Suzuka Social Race [50%] 11.03.16 [8pm] CANCELLED | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC F1 2013: Suzuka Social Race [50%] 11.03.16 [8pm] CANCELLED

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Hey everyone. I'm new round here, and I want to have a go at this online racing business. I see that the next race in the PC F1 2013 league takes place at Suzuka, so it can serve as a practice run for the competitors as well if they wish.

I run using a pad and no assists, though I haven't played F1 2013 for a fair while, I'm doing a career on F1 2014, whilst I'm waiting for the price of F1 2015 to go down (£39.99 on steam at the moment, absolute rip off).

Therefore I'd be after a decent car, maybe a Ferrari/Red Bull.

So who wants in? I'm new so preferably people from Split 2, assuming that is the lower quality split. Or anyone else who is willing to give a newbie a chance!

Thanks in advance!

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hey everyone. I'm new round here, and I want to have a go at this online racing business. I see that the next race in the PC F1 2013 league takes place at Suzuka, so it can serve as a practice run for the competitors as well if they wish.

I run using a pad and no assists, though I haven't played F1 2013 for a fair while, I'm doing a career on F1 2014, whilst I'm waiting for the price of F1 2015 to go down (£39.99 on steam at the moment, absolute rip off).

Therefore I'd be after a decent car, maybe a Ferrari/Red Bull.

So who wants in? I'm new so preferably people from Split 2, assuming that is the lower quality split. Or anyone else who is willing to give a newbie a chance!

Thanks in advance!
https://www.g2a.com/f1-2015-steam-cd-key-global.html

Buy the game from that link. Cheap and trusted. I have brought loads from them, never had any problems.

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
I also should say date/time is flexible, I'm England based, so 7pm is convenient, but can be moved, as can the date :)

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
8pm is usually a better start time. I could do with a practice although I won't make the league race. Toro Rosso please.

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Our first entrant! Ok so I'll put the team list below, I need a bit of practice to see what car I want so I'll leave myself out of it for now. EDIT: Decided on Ferrari

Attending Players: 4/16

Red Bull:
Red Bull:

Ferrari: @allflattious
Ferrari: @Nicholas Stuart

McLaren:
McLaren:

Lotus:
Lotus:

Mercedes:
Mercedes:

Sauber:
Sauber:

Force India:
Force India:

Williams:
Williams:

Toro Rosso: @Jay
Toro Rosso: @Neil Bywater

Caterham:
Caterham:

Marussia:
Marussia:

Reserves:

Last edited:

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
I just set a 1:32:811 on Time Trial, is that competitive? Slow? or Fast? - Haven't played it on F1 2013 on PC before.

Sector 1 33:094
Sector 2 42:231
Sector 3 17:486

Nicholas Stuart

Junior Karter
Mar 5, 2016
I would absolutely get in on this, because I'm also hoping to get into the league racing too, but won't be able to make anything on friday until 9:30GMT, which sucks. Hopefully another time though.

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
I would absolutely get in on this, because I'm also hoping to get into the league racing too, but won't be able to make anything on friday until 9:30GMT, which sucks. Hopefully another time though.
Well post which car you fancy, and we'll see if we can't move the timing back a bit. I don't have a problem with 9:30pm. Though we might need some more drivers first :/

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I just set a 1:32:811 on Time Trial, is that competitive? Slow? or Fast? - Haven't played it on F1 2013 on PC before.

Sector 1 33:094
Sector 2 42:231
Sector 3 17:486
I'll have to have a go. In Season 9 when the game was new, most were posting 1:34-1:37 across the Splits. I think 1:32.8 sounds more than competitive, but the track is easy to cut - most do it at the Degners or through Spoon.

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
I'll have to have a go. In Season 9 when the game was new, most were posting 1:34-1:37 across the Splits. I think 1:32.8 sounds more than competitive, but the track is easy to cut - most do it at the Degners or through Spoon.
If I'm cutting anywhere it's probably Degner 1, I am taking a hell of a lot of speed through there, only lifting not breaking, are the corner cutting rules very strict? As in crossing the white line strict, or is there a bit of leeway?

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
If I'm cutting anywhere it's probably Degner 1, I am taking a hell of a lot of speed through there, only lifting not breaking, are the corner cutting rules very strict? As in crossing the white line strict, or is there a bit of leeway?
Anything that's not all four wheels over the white line is OK, just like in F1. Unfortunately, we can't rely on the game to detect it properly, if at all. It's a peer review system we operate. Like running wide (extending), OK if it's genuine, not OK if it's repeated or when you're trying to stay ahead or attack.

If you think you're cutting, you probably are. If you don't think you are cutting, someone will tell you when you are. :)

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Anything that's not all four wheels over the white line is OK, just like in F1. Unfortunately, we can't rely on the game to detect it properly, if at all. It's a peer review system we operate. Like running wide (extending), OK if it's genuine, not OK if it's repeated or when you're trying to stay ahead or attack.

If you think you're cutting, you probably are. If you don't think you are cutting, someone will tell you when you are. :)
Oh it wasn't four wheels off the track cutting, I was more thinking F1 2015 strict rules where it's one wheel off the track and it invalidates you :p

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
If we don't get any more responses by around 6pm tonight, I'll cancel the race, we need about 3 or 4 more sign ups to make the race go ahead!

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Thanks to the people who signed up, and particularly @Jay who spread the word but unfortunately this race has had to be cancelled due to lack of sign ups... hopefully I can have my first race soon!

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Talk about being late to the party! I'm afraid this race has now been cancelled! I may set another one up soon :)