PS4 - F1 2016 Hype | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F1 2016 Hype

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I got absolutely destroyed at Baku on ultimate but seem to be within a few tenths of Alonso in my AUS career mode race. McLaren feels so much nicer to drive than the Merc.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Haha I have no problems with oversteer and I'm driving the Manor in career. I think it will might take some time to adapt to the new handling.

I agree however on the HUD. Don't like it neither
its going to take a lot of getting use to and that my t80 is nearly unusable. i think the ffb on a pad is weaker this year and this game is the complete opposite to last year's in the corners. on 2015 it was a low gear game where you had to get the nose in and then deal with the oversteer. so far it seems like all the lap time now is gained just getting on the throttle, there are a few corners i'm taking 2 gears higher on this game just to kill the wheel spin.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
I got absolutely destroyed at Baku on ultimate but seem to be within a few tenths of Alonso in my AUS career mode race. McLaren feels so much nicer to drive than the Merc.
toro rosso is pure aids. the red bull felt nicer than the merc though

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
toro rosso is pure aids. the red bull felt nicer than the merc though
I don't know what the issue is but some cars and tracks feel fine whereas others are borderline undriveable. Driving Baku in the Merc and having no idea if the car is going to brake properly or just oversteer for every millimetre of the track is not enjoyable in my opinion.

The Merc should be the car with the best balance but its just a pain in the ass to drive. This was spoken about constantly in the beta so its annoying that it wasn't fixed.

• Agree
Reactions: alexukr

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
2 races into my McLaren career on ultimate. Feels quite nice to drive, a bit slippery on traction but apart from that it's good. Australia was horrible, nowhere near the pace of button and I made a disastrous strategy call during a safety car. Bahrain on the other hand was very enjoyable, I was blown out in quali but finished just a few seconds behind button who saved his tyres and did me on the softer compound at the end.

I think there's still the issue that was raised in the beta that the AI are too quick in quali compared to the race. I want to have good races so play on ultimate but always losing quali and practice objectives really hurts rival battles and the team objectives.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
I think there's still the issue that was raised in the beta that the AI are too quick in quali compared to the race. I want to have good races so play on ultimate but always losing quali and practice objectives really hurts rival battles and the team objectives.
Disagreeing with you, the AI just loses way to much time in traffic and fighting each other

• Agree
Reactions: RBOS_00

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
There's something seriously wrong with the ai. Every-time I overtook someone at Australia they would completely lift off the throttle and lose over a second. This was the case with ai to ai battles as well. It's so stupid that they still haven't figured out a way for the ai to get out of the way without losing an incredible amount of time.

• Agree
Reactions: RBOS_00

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
gotta say i'm loving my helmet, spent nearly 45 minutes last night tweaking about 5/6 designs before settling on one

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Does anyone have a good bahrain setup? :p

So far so good. Ultimate ai, mclaren. Got 3rd in australia after being last at one point due to the rain screwing up my strategy and mclaren screwing the pitstops. Smashed Alonso in q tho, very suprised about that

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Just had an incredible race at China. Wet Q2 so I snuck into Q3 and the strategies were all over the place. I don't think there was one lap where I wasn't battling with someone. Ultimate AI is such a contrast to 2015 AI, it may have some flaws but I think Codemasters have done a great job.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
CqPDnEaXYAAcGzk.jpg

There is my helmet if you can see it if you click on the image. I thought we would be able to edit the extra helmets but nope. Not really sure if it's ugly or actually quite good.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
I am really happy now , that i redeemed the career boost. On Ultimate it is nearly unpossible to do the tyre wear test, because you have to push like a madman to meet the target time, and also the Quali practice is really difficult. At least if you fail all the R&D events, the progression is somewhat realisitc

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BeMu

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
On Ultimate it is nearly unpossible to do the tyre wear test, because you have to push like a madman to meet the target time
really? because I found it alright. Sure it isn't easy.. but definetly not as hard as the quali test where I actually have to steal someone's slipstream.

edit:
14074479_1128592157188788_1882225627_o.jpg 14087663_1128774887170515_526730434_o.jpg

Last edited:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
not really sure of what to make of my pace so far. i struggled immensely around Australia in the TR on Legend difficulty in career mode getting knocked out in Q1 and finishing 10th barely with a lot of help from the AI, but on TT I'm right up there at Silverstone and Baku so hopefully its just Australia bad track for me and not liking the setup very much.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
not really sure of what to make of my pace so far. i struggled immensely around Australia in the TR on Legend difficulty in career mode getting knocked out in Q1 and finishing 10th barely with a lot of help from the AI, but on TT I'm right up there at Silverstone and Baku so hopefully its just Australia bad track for me and not liking the setup very much.
Ai seems to be very quick around Australia

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Ai seems to be very quick around Australia
they've been like that on every game from what i can remember. they had like 2/3 tracks on the calendar where they were actually good and then **** everywhere else.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
here's my helmet i've decided to go with (Purple, Red, White) and the one I nearly did (Purple, Red, Grey). Still not sure which one I like better
F1™ 2016_20160819020128.jpg

F1™ 2016_20160819020010.jpg