PC - F1 2017 AOR F4 | Overtake of the Week Competition? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC F1 2017 AOR F4 | Overtake of the Week Competition?

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
So i was looking through the F1 League forum and saw an Overtake of the Week Competition for the F1 (or Split 1) League. So i thought it´d be a fun idea to do too for our F4 League!? :D

So i think we should start off with the Canadian Grand Prix.

Reactions: koldo

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017

Mine on AOR Grzesiu on Lap 19 right after my Pit Stop

EDIT: Im at school right now so my Youtube video is the only view i have. I think our lovely Coordinator @The Genius should award the Overtake of the Week if he wants?

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Assuming this idea actually goes through, we should vote on who wins it.

However I'm a bit pessimistic considering most overtakes we do in this league involve crashes lmao

For Canada I'd possibly put my opportune lap 1 turn 8 move on @koldo in but it was pretty average.

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
So it has to be during the league race? Also does quali count cause I made a pretty sweet move on only4win in quali. Whilst simultaneously ruining 2 laps but idc.

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Love that idea, as it would make our league the most active one "off-track" (y)(predicition league, wall of shame, overtake of the week). The questions is who is going to "organize" it and who is going to decide the overtake of the week? Also, should there be a points-format?

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Love that idea, as it would make our league the most active one "off-track" (y)(predicition league, wall of shame, overtake of the week). The questions is who is going to "organize" it and who is going to decide the overtake of the week? Also, should there be a points-format?
glad to see I'm not the only person who loves the forum activity off-track! I think the organizer should be Julien's choice, but you do a pretty good job Koldo so I'd vote for you to run it. We wouldn't really need a point's system I don't think, just points awarded to who wins it every race. Decide winner through vote. However I still think we might have the issue of simply not enough entrants.

Reactions: koldo

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
I honestly don't think we need a points system here. I think people should post their own overtake, or nominate someone else for their overtake and we vote as a group to elect the best overtake for that specific track. Then that person/ person's overtake will live gloriously in this forum :D

*edit* I can make a gif of the overtake and post it after the voting is done. Like how I posted Thm's crash in the Canada forum xD

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
I honestly don't think we need a points system here. I think people should post their own overtake, or nominate someone else for their overtake and we vote as a group to elect the best overtake for that specific track. Then that person/ person's overtake will live gloriously in this forum :D

*edit* I can make a gif of the overtake and post it after the voting is done. Like how I posted Thm's crash in the Canada forum xD
inb4 @Thm786 loses out to me in the champ by like a few points #NiceLimitless

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Talking about overtakes, I first just wanna brag about my personal best one from F1 2012, which was in an AOR league race as well :cool:

Now having done that, here's my 2 cents:
entrants should be posted in a separate youtube upload (just like my example) within 48 hours after the race, preferably in the original racethread. You know, the thread where I come up with excuses for my lame finishing position after the race :p.
Then after 48 hours some person called Julien should create a new thread, putting all the youtube vids in 1 post and create a poll. Because others see a new thread, they know it's time to vote.

Maybe at the end of the season, one can put all vote-winning overtakes together in one vid and put that on youtube. I could do that if no one else wants to (and I'll try to level audio too then).

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Talking about overtakes, I first just wanna brag about my personal best one from F1 2012, which was in an AOR league race as well :cool:

Now having done that, here's my 2 cents:
entrants should be posted in a separate youtube upload (just like my example) within 48 hours after the race, preferably in the original racethread. You know, the thread where I come up with excuses for my lame finishing position after the race :p.
Then after 48 hours some person called Julien should create a new thread, putting all the youtube vids in 1 post and create a poll. Because others see a new thread, they know it's time to vote.

Maybe at the end of the season, one can put all vote-winning overtakes together in one vid and put that on youtube. I could do that if no one else wants to (and I'll try to level audio too then).
Would we be able to have a vote on the previous 6 races too? Say, in the Christmas break.

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Would we be able to have a vote on the previous 6 races too? Say, in the Christmas break.
Would be nice. Probably create one thread where people can put in their best overtakes from the first 6 races, give a week for that, and then maybe 1 or 2 weeks for voting.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Would be nice. Probably create one thread where people can put in their best overtakes from the first 6 races, give a week for that, and then maybe 1 or 2 weeks for voting.
Now I just need to think; did I do any good moves in these races?

Australia? I did 2 overtakes in the race, 1 was just a boring move on @GRZEGORZ and the other was quite nice on @Aaron Shum but also questionable for how legal it was.
China? Look no further than when I gained 6 positions in the first 3 corners. My move on @Thm786 with 2 laps left was quite forceful so maybe not that.
Bahrain? I got both Merc's on one straight, apart from that that was just a shite race tbh.
Russia? I just overtook Jamie on lap 1 and that was all.
Spain? Nope.
Monaco? lol
Canada? Nothing good really no (ruling out the double overtake at the hairpin, don't think Aaron would be happy about that lol)

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Now I just need to think; did I do any good moves in these races?
I would have to watch back my highlight vids too. I didn't really impress myself with any apperantly because I can't remember one on the fly.
Anyway, we should have a bit of extra time for that during the holidays.

Reactions: SMEAJ

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
@SMEAJ In Bahrain you literally dive bombed and took the entire width of road and pushed me a little. I even went deep and left you room. I was kind of past caring at that point after Julien smashed into me Lap3 though. Not mad, just pointing out, which leads to the question...

Are we talking about clean overtakes here? Or is questionable contact overtakes also going to be considered?

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
@SMEAJ In Bahrain you literally dive bombed and took the entire width of road and pushed me a little. I even went deep and left you room. I was kind of past caring at that point after Julien smashed into me Lap3 though. Not mad, just pointing out, which leads to the question...

Are we talking about clean overtakes here? Or is questionable contact overtakes also going to be considered?
**** I thought you'd've forgot about that..... lol.
I need to stop criticising Julien's overtakes baring in mind I'm worse myself at this point.

I swear I need to stop crashing into you lol, that's 3 now with Canada, Australia and Bahrain. I'm not picking on you, it's all just a coincidence it always seems to be you.... #CutForAaron

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
PS. For the voting, we make it so everybody has 2 votes? So we can guarantee no one votes for themselves/does vote for themselves + someone else? idk.

Julien2395

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
I think during the Christmas break we can do the previous 6 races, you have 1,5 to submit and then we have like 4 days to vote and the winner will be announced straight after the actual race would end? 21:15uk

And i think i can make a thread for it but i dunno yet how it really works so.. xD