F1 2018 - Assist question | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1 2018 - Assist question

3xTreme

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 28, 2018
Hello everyone.
I've been racing in the rf2 f1 league this season, and this upcoming one, I'm looking to join the f1 2018 league. But I'm unsure if RL, in corners only mode, counts as an assist. Because I would like to be in a non-assist league. So just to summarise; I need to know if RL - corners only - counts as an assist and will place me in an assist league

Best regards
Lasse B Sørensen

Harinioarg

PS4 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 25, 2018
Hello everyone.
I've been racing in the rf2 f1 league this season, and this upcoming one, I'm looking to join the f1 2018 league. But I'm unsure if RL, in corners only mode, counts as an assist. Because I would like to be in a non-assist league. So just to summarise; I need to know if RL - corners only - counts as an assist and will place me in an assist league

Best regards
Lasse B Sørensen
No, RL line is allowed in the main leagues. Unless you are gonna be placed in the top fast 3 (possibly) tiers of the main leagues you can use the racing line in main leagues and you wont be placed in the assists tiers. :)

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hello everyone.

Best regards
Lasse B Sørensen
The assists we count are Brake Assist/ABS/TC. These place you in an assist league.

The assists we allow are AG/RL, although the top 3 tiers will run without.

The assist we will probably also ban is Auto ERS, like Pit Assist and Pit Release Assist.

3xTreme

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 28, 2018
OKay, thank you for the response, both of you. Just to clear something up. AG = Automatic gear right? And automatic clutch is still allowed in a no assist tier right?
@Jay

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
OKay, thank you for the response, both of you. Just to clear something up. AG = Automatic gear right? And automatic clutch is still allowed in a no assist tier right?
@Jay
Yes AG is Auto Gears.

You will have to enlighten me about an automatic clutch in F1 2018! AFAIK there is no option, the clutch start is mapped to the up shifter?

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
Yes AG is Auto Gears.

You will have to enlighten me about an automatic clutch in F1 2018! AFAIK there is no option, the clutch start is mapped to the up shifter?
I think there’s a ‘manual with clutch’ option on the gears isn’t there?

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
Is there really? :eek: Well, if so @3xTreme ALL the gear settings should be available with the default lobby setting of AG. I'm a user of Manual and Suggested so that gets by the settings too.
Pretty sure it’s on 2017 as well lol.

Reactions: Biolite80

3xTreme

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 28, 2018
Yeah exactly! It's not because I wanna use the clutch or anything. In fact, I just wanted to make sure that I DO NOT manually have to use the clutch, but instead just press the up-shift button (As i normally would do in the rf2 league)

Reactions: Steve Jackson

milanozie

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 3, 2018

The assist we will probably also ban is Auto ERS, like Pit Assist and Pit Release Assist.
@Jay Not sure how I feel about banning auto ERS tbh, feels like for PAD players this would be a nearly impossible task as they have to use their left hand to steer, and can't simultaneously manage the D-pad.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@Jay Not sure how I feel about banning auto ERS tbh, feels like for PAD players this would be a nearly impossible task as they have to use their left hand to steer, and can't simultaneously manage the D-pad.
I will put this forward in the discussion. Thank you for spotting the obvious that the wheel users have failed to grasp! :)

Reactions: milanozie

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Here is one for you to ponder :) is running without the Halo post in cockpit mode considered an assist?
Did a survey of beta testers to find out if they felt they were faster without than with and quite a few said
didn't matter others did say makes a bit of difference. My personal experience was faster on some tracks
with and slower on others. Perhaps it is just a getting use to it thing but thought I would ask anyway.
Of course if drivers use T-cam the point is mute.
Cheers

Harinioarg

PS4 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 25, 2018
Here is one for you to ponder :) is running without the Halo post in cockpit mode considered an assist?
Did a survey of beta testers to find out if they felt they were faster without than with and quite a few said
didn't matter others did say makes a bit of difference. My personal experience was faster on some tracks
with and slower on others. Perhaps it is just a getting use to it thing but thought I would ask anyway.
Of course if drivers use T-cam the point is mute.
Cheers
Hello there!
Halo is going to be enabled in all league tiers. :)

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
So Halo is enabled? How about drivers using the T-cam? Then they will have more advantage over cockpit users, imo... Or are we all forced to use cockpit cam?

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
There's a controller setting that lets the user use the right thumbstick to navigate the MFD.
May be worth giving that a go if the D-Pad is proving difficult.

3xTreme

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 28, 2018
Just wondering, @Jay, are we forced to race in cockpit cam? Or can we use other camera-angles

Obsession

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 1, 2018
I don’t understand why assists like racing line and automatic gearboxes are allewed every season some poor guy who is realy fast gets moved up who stil usses assists like rl and go to f3 or so and bassicaly can’t addapt.. and thr guy 2nd fastest or 3rd fastest get overlooked for promotion because he doesn’t use any assists and is slowe because hes not using assists. Also i’m sure racing line on a full dry race gives minimum of 5-10 seconds per full race advantage and in mixed conditions even more!!! Just ban all assists or put them in the assist leauge theres no motivation to run without racingline they will alweys use what ever gets them to be the fastest onlythe minority wil chalenge themselfs and use no assist

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
I don’t understand why assists like racing line and automatic gearboxes are allewed every season some poor guy who is realy fast gets moved up who stil usses assists like rl and go to f3 or so and bassicaly can’t addapt.. and thr guy 2nd fastest or 3rd fastest get overlooked for promotion because he doesn’t use any assists and is slowe because hes not using assists. Also i’m sure racing line on a full dry race gives minimum of 5-10 seconds per full race advantage and in mixed conditions even more!!! Just ban all assists or put them in the assist leauge theres no motivation to run without racingline they will alweys use what ever gets them to be the fastest onlythe minority wil chalenge themselfs and use no assist
The idea is to cater to EVERYONE... not force them out of their preferences out of some sense of, for lack of a better word, elitism.