F1 2018 - Assist question | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1 2018 - Assist question

Obsession

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 1, 2018
The idea is to cater to EVERYONE... not force them out of their preferences out of some sense of, for lack of a better word, elitism.
With the number off people intrested for upcoming season you could make a assists group a rl ag group and a non assists group so everyone can chose what they want . I don’t think that can be an issue. Last season i drove a guy who was the fastest but take awey hes assists and he was 0.5 or more per lap slower...

zzBordi

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2018
With the number off people intrested for upcoming season you could make a assists group a rl ag group and a non assists group so everyone can chose what they want . I don’t think that can be an issue. Last season i drove a guy who was the fastest but take awey hes assists and he was 0.5 or more per lap slower...
RL helps a lot after the compund change. When you get out of the box you've to find again where to brake.
But that's all.. Is a different thing if you don't know the circuit and you could not try as well before a race.
There are some tracks that in ranked are never played so most of people should try that track only for the AOR championship..
But it depends on number of players.. Is nonsense if there will be only 3 leagues with full manual and 7-8 with RL and AG..

Obsession

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 1, 2018
RL helps a lot after the compund change. When you get out of the box you've to find again where to brake.
But that's all.. Is a different thing if you don't know the circuit and you could not try as well before a race.
There are some tracks that in ranked are never played so most of people should try that track only for the AOR championship..
But it depends on number of players.. Is nonsense if there will be only 3 leagues with full manual and 7-8 with RL and AG..
I disagree the time advantage is verry big between a no assist runer and racecingline. people without rl wil make more mistakes . And like i said in mixed conditions the one without assists has to addapt just by feeling while the rl runer just follows the rl ecause rl addapts automaticaly to the race conditions making a bigggg advantage. And you don’t know how meny people run without assists i’m 100 % sure there wil be more than 4 tiers without assists . @FisiFan91 @Ycoms can’t we have a poll to see what people want ? If maybe more poeple would want seperation between rl and no assists runners ? I think it would be more fair that rl and ag get their own group. I’m sure there would be enough people for both groups to be viable. It might meen more work but i’m willing to help with that if needed and wanted :)

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
I disagree the time advantage is verry big between a no assist runer and racecingline. people without rl wil make more mistakes . And like i said in mixed conditions the one without assists has to addapt just by feeling while the rl runer just follows the rl ecause rl addapts automaticaly to the race conditions making a bigggg advantage. And you don’t know how meny people run without assists i’m 100 % sure there wil be more than 4 tiers without assists . @FisiFan91 @Ycoms can’t we have a poll to see what people want ? If maybe more poeple would want seperation between rl and no assists runners ? I think it would be more fair that rl and ag get their own group. I’m sure there would be enough people for both groups to be viable. It might meen more work but i’m willing to help with that if needed and wanted :)
I like how you tagged me in this (I'm not a coordinator anymore, just so you know ;)). I have no idea how the staff will decide how many tears will be no assists etc. In the past it was always a combination of how many people sign up and how many people are willing to turn off all assists freely. The general push was to have more tiers with no assists than before in the last couple of seasons. But yeah, I have no idea how it's going to work this time, can only tell how it was previously.

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Best thing to do would be to get a competent driver to run a 5 lap race with it off and with it on in both conditions upload it to youtube. like other have done with TC off and medium TC on

Obsession

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 1, 2018
I like how you tagged me in this (I'm not a coordinator anymore, just so you know ;)). I have no idea how the staff will decide how many tears will be no assists etc. In the past it was always a combination of how many people sign up and how many people are willing to turn off all assists freely. The general push was to have more tiers with no assists than before in the last couple of seasons. But yeah, I have no idea how it's going to work this time, can only tell how it was previously.
Aah i wasn’t sure if you were or not but i know you from fisi’s yt and aor races and tought this might interst you it doesn’t involve the top 3 tiers but the other majority of people it does and i don’t know alot of people here . Anewey i’lleave it there . Idon’t think me saying more wil change it :)

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
The idea is to cater to EVERYONE... not force them out of their preferences out of some sense of, for lack of a better word, elitism.
Then we should allow Auto ERS as well. Especially seeing as it's quite broken when you do use it manually.

Mackisdoodle

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 29, 2015
IMO auto ers should be allowed because 1. Pad users (though the right thumbstick is an option) 2. my wheel has 1 functioning button and haaving to manage ers means taking my hand off my wheel almost constantly to keep up through an entire race. I shouldnt have to leave it in standard because i havent got buttons.

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
IMO auto ers should be allowed because 1. Pad users (though the right thumbstick is an option) 2. my wheel has 1 functioning button and haaving to manage ers means taking my hand off my wheel almost constantly to keep up through an entire race. I shouldnt have to leave it in standard because i havent got buttons.
We decided on manual ERS because it's essentially the same as the Fuel Modes. People racing on a pad can manage their fuel mode perfectly fine, so the ERS shouldn't be a problem either.
Also, don't you think it would be a bit unreasonable to change the rules for 600+ people just because you are having a mild inconvenience? It's impossible to change the rules so they suit everybody perfectly.

Mackisdoodle

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 29, 2015
We decided on manual ERS because it's essentially the same as the Fuel Modes. People racing on a pad can manage their fuel mode perfectly fine, so the ERS shouldn't be a problem either.
Also, don't you think it would be a bit unreasonable to change the rules for 600+ people just because you are having a mild inconvenience? It's impossible to change the rules so they suit everybody perfectly.
Definately, if its 600-1 then the rule should stay. I was simply giving you feedback from my point of view.

Reactions: TheVerenzak

iN3krO

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2018
Did you ever consideer to force the higher tiers to use cockpit cam? Just like you force RL disable for league 3 2 and 1, you could also force Cockpit cam for league 1. That would be pretty neat.

• Agree
Reactions: Dobby