PS4 - F1 League - Car/Team Selections | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F1 League - Car/Team Selections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
so i'm now completely confussed now that the picks have been taken down, my understanding is that all 6 cars have been confirmed, we just have to fill out the final few teams? @Jthorn97
Mercedes: Andrei and Birkoff
Ferrari: Harry and Sean
McLaren: Des
Sauber: Jthorn
TR: fuzzy
RB: myself
No there was some misunderstandings about this "preferred teammates" thing. Preferred teammates will stay, but we haven't decided how it will work. That's why we reseted the lists so we can discuss this and make sure it won't be unfair to anyone.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
picking order from what I can tell (from the given rules about this):

1. @Desimpele
2. @Bcolt93
3. @Jthorn97
4. @Andrei Codreanu
5. @HRacingGreen
6. @Sean B
7. @BeMu
8. @Birkoff
9. @fuzzy
10. @TyranoTigger
11. @alexukr
12. @Arwin Ourang
[DOUBLEPOST=1460385530][/DOUBLEPOST]PS: Don't shoot me, just trying to help out
[DOUBLEPOST=1460385601][/DOUBLEPOST]
No there was some misunderstandings about this "preferred teammates" thing. Preferred teammates will stay, but we haven't decided how it will work. That's why we reseted the lists so we can discuss this and make sure it won't be unfair to anyone.
What needs to be discussed about this tbh? It's not the first time in AoR this has been done and now it has to be changed for which reason exactly? :p

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
picking order from what I can tell (from the given rules about this):

1. @Desimpele
2. @Bcolt93
3. @Jthorn97
4. @Andrei Codreanu
5. @HRacingGreen
6. @Sean B
7. @BeMu
8. @Birkoff
9. @fuzzy
10. @TyranoTigger
11. @alexukr
12. @Arwin Ourang
[DOUBLEPOST=1460385530][/DOUBLEPOST]PS: Don't shoot me, just trying to help out
[DOUBLEPOST=1460385601][/DOUBLEPOST]

What needs to be discussed about this tbh? It's not the first time in AoR this has been done and now it has to be changed for which reason exactly? :p
To clarify, this is the correct order:

Desimpele (Mini-Season 1st, Season 9 GP2 1st, Season 9 F3 League 2nd)
Jthorn97 (Mini-Season, 2nd)
Andrei Codreanu (Mini-Season, 5th)
HRacingGreen (Mini-Season, 7th)
Bcolt93 (Mini-Season 8th, Season 9 GP2 8th, Season 9 F3 League 13th)
Sean B (Mini-Season, 9th)
BeMu (Mini-Season, 13th)
Birkoff (Mini-Season, 14th)
fuzzy (Mini-Season, 15th)
TyranoTigger (Returning driver/Cross-over driver)
alexukr (New driver, 9th signup)
Arwin Ourang (New driver, 20th signup)

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Because some people wants to have a specific teammate. :p

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Desimpele (Mini-Season 1st, Season 9 GP2 1st, Season 9 F3 League 2nd) McLaren
Jthorn97 (Mini-Season, 2nd) Sauber
Andrei Codreanu (Mini-Season, 5th) Mercedes
HRacingGreen (Mini-Season, 7th) Ferrari
Bcolt93 (Mini-Season 8th, Season 9 GP2 8th, Season 9 F3 League 13th) Red Bull
Sean B (Mini-Season, 9th) Ferrari (been requested, 2nd choice)?
BeMu (Mini-Season, 13th)
Birkoff (Mini-Season, 14th) Mercedes (been requested, first choice)?
fuzzy (Mini-Season, 15th) Toro Rosso (unless BeMu wants a car that hasn't been picked)
TyranoTigger (Returning driver/Cross-over driver) Red Bull (unless BeMu wants it)
alexukr (New driver, 9th signup)
Arwin Ourang (New driver, 20th signup)

@Sean B how bad do you really want the Merc? this gets a lot simpler if you want the Ferrari and want to be teammates with @HRacingGreen

Last edited:

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
so you're actually considering changing rules because of those people? that sounds fishy to me haha
It's just a really tiny rule about the car selection. Nothing big. Team speaking and party is more common nowadays so I'm sure a few people would appreciate to have a specific teammate.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Well it would be nice from everybody to follow the instructions from the first post, meaning naming 5 cars and a wanted teammate.
Adding also that it can be played nice, by allowing others to get within their pick and teammate wish, but of course some may play dirty to put up/change the picks just to maybe annoy somebody else :rage::(

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
sure you can ask for a teammate, but you can't demand it, anyone should be able to pick his beloved car if he has the right to do that (picker order), no need to go hard on them.

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
sure you can ask for a teammate, but you can't demand it, anyone should be able to pick his beloved car if he has the right to do that (picker order), no need to go hard on them.
Yes, this. Rather than what @Andrei Codreanu seems to think I was doing which was deliberately causing problems out of spite. Obviously I enacted some subterfuge and posted before both him and Birkoff with Merc at the top. I don't even like the Merc

Put me in the Ferrari then - obviously career ending if those two aren't together.

• Winner
Reactions: Desimpele

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
So I'm in the Red Bull with @Bcolt93? Cool. This could have been handled a lot better though, the pick order should have been put in the first post to start with. Also I see @Andrei Codreanu and @Birkoff managed to get the Merc in the PC league as well :rofl: GIVE THE REST OF US A CHANCE LADS

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
@TyranoTigger and some others: Honestly I think you guys need to chill some more and give me and @Jthorn97 a break from time to time. I am quite sure that handling the F1 2015 leagues is the hardest out of all F1 leagues so far, with so many people bashing negatively of it. I do not wish to start any 10 page discussion here but you should please think about all the made efforts which also implicates mistakes and constructive critisim is something that could be done, instead of again trying to hint at something else.

Regarding the teammate discussion, well last time I did in Season 9 it was a bit different, picks being prioritized by TT results and on ocassions it occured that teammates were bundled, but we have clarified this within the staff and yes the pick order will be prioritized if teammates can't get within the same team. This was corrected so there is nothing to complain about. If somebody wishes to play hardball, well than severel will be out of luck or will get headaches with editing their picks every couple of minutes.

As for PC split, that shouldn't be discussed here, but as 5th in Split 1 on F1 2014, I was entitled to the first pick. Though, would it make your day if I would change my pick to Manor?

Concluding, let's try to support such leagues instead of trying to find any possible loophole and bash it.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Well it seems all choices have been wiped.
So...
1. Ferrari
2. Force India
3. Williams
4. McLaren
5. Toro Rosso
If I'm in the Ferrari, my preferred team mate is @Sean B
If not then I don't mind who I'm with.

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
@Andrei Codreanu Please don't take it the wrong way, I really wasn't serious, was just having some fun. I'm not bothered what car you are in, I have been involved in so many stupid arguments over car selection that I don't care anymore.

It would probably have been easier if we just had a list of the first 6 picks where they choose a car + a team-mate but its finished now, no harm done (y)

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
once @BeMu picks this all gets very easy, everything is pretty much done, just 2 drivers would be left with 2 cars remaining

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Sorry I was taking so long, I had to wait till tonight to test myself without racing line and after an hour TT session I've decided that I shall run in this tier :)

Anyway my choices are:
1. Williams
2. Merc
3. Red Bull
4. Ferrari
5. McLaren

None of my choices have been influenced by others so I just put down my personal preference.

I believe @alexukr wanted Williams so if I get that that I suppose he will be my preferred teammate :)

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Now that besides one guy, which also has the last pick, everybody else placed their picks, the first post got updated with the cars/drivers.

Reactions: Bcolt93
Status
Not open for further replies.