PS4 - F1 League - General Discussions Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F1 League - General Discussions Thread

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014

oljoca

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 19, 2016
just out of curiosity, is Arwboy competing in this season? as he picked the force india and i had no choice but to join an active constructor could i maybe change to an open constructor of my choice? it's just the force india and lotus are the only cars on the grid that i strongly dislike and know i doesn't mean anything but it's just an aesthetic thing. it's really not a bother if i can't change, i would just prefer to continue my season in a toro rosso or a manor. im easy, just if the option is there to change i'd love to know.

@Jthorn97
@Andrei Codreanu

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
just out of curiosity, is Arwboy competing in this season? as he picked the force india and i had no choice but to join an active constructor could i maybe change to an open constructor of my choice? it's just the force india and lotus are the only cars on the grid that i strongly dislike and know i doesn't mean anything but it's just an aesthetic thing. it's really not a bother if i can't change, i would just prefer to continue my season in a toro rosso or a manor. im easy, just if the option is there to change i'd love to know.

@Jthorn97
@Andrei Codreanu
For now @Arwin Ourang has one informed and one uninformed absence, which means that he can't be removed yet. I will ask him what's going and let you know, but in terms of car choice, there is not much we can do, as the rules are quite clear regarding this. Mid-season joining doesn't really give you a great choice of cars.

• Informative
Reactions: oljoca

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
@Jthorn97 @Andrei Codreanu question for potential future incidents since i saw yellow flags come up in the stewards panel. when a legitimate crash has occurred to warrant yellow flags will the penalty stand? it seems like that rule should be respected in that scenario since the car ahead is more focused on whats ahead rather than the car behind.

"By default, penalties received for overtaking under yellow flags will be removed, please check:
http://apexonlineracing.com/communi...s-aor-f1-leagues-season-11.11612/#post-168748

'Penalties received for 'overtaking under yellow flag' will be automatically removed by the coordinators, as such unfair penalties can sometimes be awarded by the game."

Closed off."

an example would be Thorn's overtake, would that penalty stand in the future or would it be removed in this scenario

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
@Bcolt93 Well we will this discuss the scenario of illegal overtakes, but for yellow flags, which is normally received automatically, without a timer to let the other driver pass, they are removed automatically as per rules. The illegal overtake is received for being outside of the track, whereas you can notice my inquiry, still being on the white lines, but with the strict track limits, the game decided to award me that penalty, so I have appealed against it. The yellow flag penalties, are given out for other cars that are off track, compared to the illegal overtake, which is received when yourself are out of track. @Jthorn97 example here is strange, as it should have been the yellow flag one, as I was spun out lol

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
I don't quite get that text of @Andrei Codreanu but could be because I've just woken up, but it's like this: For track limits you get the penalty's straight away. For illegal overtakes you get them after 10s. There are 2 types of illegal overtakes; under yellow flag and if you went past a car next to the track. The last one should in theory never be removed but I'm sure there is a situation where it would be. Now this post by @Bcolt93 is about the yellow flag illegal overtake. In theory you still want to punish the yellow flag for the one shown and not for all the others we are getting. But I don't see this going well. I would simply remove all yellow flag illegal overtakes as penalty's as even when an incident happens, the yellow flag is "bugged" (meaning too large of an area, too long, not the right area etc). This might be the first time I see a yellow flag illegal overtake that might be justified, so it's quite hard to make that the rule. As I said the yellow flag is more wrong than right and even if it's right, you don't always notice the cars spinning etc (and you can't count on the yellow flag giving you the right information). I would simply remove all the yellow flag illegal overtake penalty's.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
@Desimpele You need a cup of coffee? o_O

Let me clarify the above again:

1. Overtaking under yellow flag - The game immediately hands out a 5s penalty, without giving you the chance of a timer, to give back the position. This mostly happens when another car is off track and you pass it, just as it can be seen here http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/gp2-s11-malaysian-gp-unfair-penalties.12516/

As per rules these get removed by the coordinators when looking up the race director, as they are present there as 'Overtaking under yellow flag'. This rule was added due to the fact, that the car who overtakes has really no fault, for another car being off track, spunning out etc.

2. Illegal overtake - Here the game shows a timer to give back the position before handing out a 5s penalty and the cause of it ist mostly that you (the car who overtakes) is off track when performing the overtake. Because of the strict rules, the game on some corners, considers that being still on the white line, is still out of track and punishes it in 'overtake outside of track' style. My inquiry was exactly regarding this, as I was just on the curb still on the white line (I kind of got pushed there by the other car), but the game considered that I was off track, check http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/f1-2015-s11-tier-1-malaysian-gp-penalty-removal.12523/

3. Jthorn's situation is a bit odd, not that frequent and in between the two of the above, but as it was penalized as illegal overtake, it should be appealed via the stewards panel, as we have clarified in the rules, that only penalties with 'Overtaking under yellow flag's' to be removed automatically. Honestly also here I must mention, for this to happen nobody should press that quickly the start/next button, as I observed in the first couple of races. A bit more time is needed to get the whole race director, especially on strict rules.

You may ask why we also don't remove the penalties automatically for the second point. Well there are quite a few situations when the overtake was done outside of the white lines, so only when the overtake was done within track, it should be appealed. We saw in real F1 quite a lot of overtakes where at one point the overtaking car, somehow got off track and the engineer advised him to give back the position. For overtaking under yellow flags, the chances of doing something wrong yourself are quite frankly speaking non-existant.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Not getting a timer for the one under yellow flag is an odd occasion, you usually get one for overtaking under yellow flag as well. They are both called illegal overtakes, the message that comes with the penalty is different.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Not gonna lie. I was also confused by this as I thought overtaking under yellow flags = illegal overtake.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
yes it's also called illegal overtake and you get a timer for it, but the one for yellow flag should always be removed imo.

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Just saw the calendar update, please could I get some clarity on what dates the break weeks are now as erti's post wasn't particularly clear to me @Jthorn97 @Andrei Codreanu

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD THE RED BULL NEWS? I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY'VE DONE.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Just saw the calendar update, please could I get some clarity on what dates the break weeks are now as erti's post wasn't particularly clear to me @Jthorn97 @Andrei Codreanu
Well it's quite easy, our Hungary race was clashing the real F1 race in Canada, so instead of having the second break week after also 4 races, it's after 3 races, when also the third break week was moved one week earlier, so we do it also after 4 races, leaving also at the end just a series of 4 races. I think that after 3-4 races a break week is welcome for everybody.

HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD THE RED BULL NEWS? I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY'VE DONE.
Yes, check http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/verstappen-to-red-bull.12782/

• Informative
Reactions: BeMu