Season 7

Race Information:

Date: Sun 2nd February 2014
Time: 9:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo di Monza

• Rules and Regulations
• Race Calendar
• Current Standings

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Not really looking forward to this track as it's very easy to cut and to gain time intentionally or not. My aim this will to just be as clean as possible and keep within the track limits and hope I can get a good result, but overall just looking forward to the tracks that follow after this.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
TRL MinTy;n8634 said:
hopefully wont lagout from a decent place this race.
Yeah for the first time I'm having the same fear as well. I've disconnected from all of the 3 F1 2013 races I've done since setting up the new site - after never ever having problems with disconnections before in my 3+ years of league racing, which is making me really worried - especially as I don't know what the problem is :(

So basically, my hope is just to finish the race at the moment.

TRL MinTy

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
FisiFan91;n8655 said:
Yeah for the first time I'm having the same fear as well. I've disconnected from all of the 3 F1 2013 races I've done since setting up the new site - after never ever having problems with disconnections before in my 3+ years of league racing, which is making me really worried - especially as I don't know what the problem is :(

So basically, my hope is just to finish the race at the moment.
me to mate i always seem to lag out of 50% races

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
TRL MinTy;n8796 said:
me to mate i always seem to lag out of 50% races
How long have you had that problem? I've never had it until the last 2 weeks, but after the last disconnection I've tried to play around with my router settings to try to ensure that my Xbox has an "open NAT" when going online. No idea if it'll make any difference though - will have to wait and see tomorrow I guess.

TRL Rosberg

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Dont mess with your router settings to much though cause i did that and ended up having to buy a new one :p i think this is right but make sure upnp is enabled

TRL MinTy

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
FisiFan91;n8863 said:
How long have you had that problem? I've never had it until the last 2 weeks, but after the last disconnection I've tried to play around with my router settings to try to ensure that my Xbox has an "open NAT" when going online. No idea if it'll make any difference though - will have to wait and see tomorrow I guess.
since i changed isp but my nat is on open its just a case of if any one else is stream stuff like 4od ect.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
TRL Rosberg;n8875 said:
Dont mess with your router settings to much though cause i did that and ended up having to buy a new one :p i think this is right but make sure upnp is enabled
My UPnP has always been enabled, and I thought I've had the required ports forwarded, but when I've tested my connection recently it's told me I have a moderate NAT. So I played around with it a bit to find a setting that gives me an open NAT. But it's frustrating as I don't really know why it has suddenly started to disconnect as I've had the same settings for a long time. Can only hope for the best tbh.

But yeah, remember that this is tonight guys. The first Italian GP since season 5 - let's keep it clean and make it a good one!

EMR Europa

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Hate the track with a passion gutted about my 2 favourite tracks being skipped tbh Singapore is really the only track I am fast at :/

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
FisiFan91;n8947 said:
My UPnP has always been enabled, and I thought I've had the required ports forwarded, but when I've tested my connection recently it's told me I have a moderate NAT. So I played around with it a bit to find a setting that gives me an open NAT. But it's frustrating as I don't really know why it has suddenly started to disconnect as I've had the same settings for a long time. Can only hope for the best tbh.

But yeah, remember that this is tonight guys. The first Italian GP since season 5 - let's keep it clean and make it a good one!
I used to have the same problem, but weirdly enough it was only when I was using my Ethernet cable :blink: I'm assuming that's what you're using atm Fisi?

I actually now play on wireless and have never disconnected since..... Plus my connection is still pretty good. Give that a try mate if you haven't!

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Haven't touched the track on this game yet and don't plan to. Didn't really prepare for Spa but this track is a corner cutting joke so I'll be doing a Randy this week. On the other hand the battles should be a lot of fun.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
RickeeyC;n8977 said:
Haven't touched the track on this game yet and don't plan to. Didn't really prepare for Spa but this track is a corner cutting joke so I'll be doing a Randy this week. On the other hand the battles should be a lot of fun.
As long as you've done sufficient running to not be a danger into turn 1, that's fine.

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
FisiFan91;n8989 said:
As long as you've done sufficient running to not be a danger into turn 1, that's fine.
Didn't for Spa and that turned out fine :D But yeah I'll do an hour before 9 I imagine

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Alright guys, we all know that Monza isn't exactly the best track when it comes to punishing corner cuts, so I just thought I'd remind you all of the rule against corner cutting:
• Corner cutting:• Stay within the track boundaries with at least two tyres at all times. Track boundaries are defined by the white lines, NOT by the edge of the kerbs. Cutting corners, or extending the track, to gain an advantage is not allowed. Drivers found persistently breaking this rule will be punished retrospectively.
Basically, don't gain time by going with all 4 wheels across the white lines. Of course, sometimes we make mistakes and end up crossing the lines due to misjudging a corner - but make sure this doesn't happen persistently. We can unfortunately only penalise what we see, but we expect you all to prioritise driving within the track limits as the most important thing. If you don't, you're racing in the wrong league.If we see evidence after the race of drivers persistently gaining time by abusing the track limits, we will have to take action in the form of a penalty or disqualification. We had to do this with some drivers after the Canada round, so I can only hope this won't be necessary again today.We're here to experience clean and fair racing, and this is a big part of that - along with not causing avoidable incidents on the track. Monza has some long straights and hard braking zones, which can make for some great racing, but is dependant on drivers being sufficiently prepared and not making overly aggressive 'divebombs' into the corners as this could easily cause problems.I hope you all respect the rules and are able to have an enjoyable race at this otherwise great circuit.Good luck!

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
There are some positives and some negatives to take from that, but most importantly; I FINISHED THE RACE, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

As for the race, the first corner was bad, no way to look away from that. From what I can see on my video, it looks like Mazy went in too hot near the front which caused a chain reaction back down the field. Personally I found Minty sideways ahead of me going through turn 1/2, and couldn't help nudging him out of the way a bit. This lost me some time, but there were others that were worse affected than me.

After that it was a pretty crazy race really and I don't remember all the details. I seemed relatively close on pace with a few people and often found myself in a bit of a train with 3-4 cars! Had a good battle with Mcauley in the early stages where we changed positions quite a few times - unfortunately including an incident where Mcauley tapped me in the back, but he said sorry and waited so I won't be mad about that!

Later on I had another incident with Rickeey when we were going side-by-side through Parabolica - he was on the outside and I literally couldn't have been more towards the inside, but Rickeey ended up spinning out in classic sidepod glitch fashion. I think he ended up in the gravel or something as I didn't see him behind me when I looked back - I got pushed into the inside wall and got a bit of wing damage as well which made my car horribly understeery through the lesmos especially, and I ended up pitting a lap earlier than planned for my final prime stint, meaning I had to go 12 laps on that set.

I put in some consistent laps on the final stint and towards the end found myself catching up to a battle between Jason and Mazy. Jason eventually got passed by both of us and started fighting with Rickeey behind, whilst Mazy and I were having a great battle for 7th with lots of overtaking going on! I think the final overtake was made by me into Ascari (without cutting!) on the penultimate lap, but Mazy really kept the pressure on and I had to defend well on the final lap to keep him behind. On the final lap, I believe he tried to go around my outside into the first part of Ascari, which I covered off, but Mazy seemed to have a half-spin (I hope there wasn't any contact involved there as it didn't feel like it for me) which put him behind both Jason and Rickeey who had been chasing us closely for several laps. This meant I managed to hold on for 7th place after an intense final stint!

Very much enjoyed that race despite the incidents. Didn't notice any excessive corner cutting from the people around me either which was good. 7th is a very welcome result after my disconnection in Spa, and after my worries of being disconnected here I'm just really happy to have finished the race!

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I mesed um my strategy. I was online 2 hours before race and it seemed to me 3 stopper would be better as my primes could last for 10 laps but I was slower.
It the start I braked a little bit late and couldnt stop the car fast and hit the car in front which caused chain reaction int T1 as Fisi said so sorry about that. I think nobody gains any position. Then I was overtaken by Limitless but I can hold on him and was 5th-6th with 4 cars in slipstream train. Then at Ascari 3 cars were side by side and were slover than me and I overtook all of them and find myself 2nd. I pitted on lap 5 for primes, Limitless lap after and just ahead of me. Then on lap 12 I went for another promes and then on lap 19. This put me 9th which was big mistake in my strategy. But at least I had great battle with fisi. I took my last chance into Ascari with DRS and full KERS, I went alongside on the outside but Fisi had the corner covered but I touched his sidepod and then got slide which I caught but I was overtaken by 2 cars behind us anyway.
Shame the strategy but it seemd that if you lost slipstream train you are sitting duck and on the map it looked like 2 snakes going round and round. Well done to Noble to a dominant win.