Season 7

Race Information:

Date: Sun 16th February 2014
Time: 9:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka Circuit

• Rules and Regulations
• Race Calendar
• Current Standings

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

The Contadins

Pro Karter
Jan 18, 2014
my internet works sometimes. after the bad weather of the past few days, there was a large amount of damage to the phone lines in my area. I hope to attend Sunday

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
The Contadins;n11981 said:
my internet works sometimes. after the bad weather of the past few days, there was a large amount of damage to the phone lines in my area. I hope to attend Sunday
Ok mate, I hope you're able to make it on Sunday.

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Probably my best track on the game in terms of raw speed + consistency. Very much looking forward to this one :biggrin:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Seem to remember I qualified pretty well here last season (4th?), but messed it up in the race. Didn't help that an insect flew into my face on that occasion when I threw it in the gravel :p

Haven't driven this track on 2013 yet apart from a bit of practice last night, but hoping to have a good race again. If I can get anywhere near the pace I had in Korea I'll be very pleased.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Tyre wear is horrendous round here... no chance for me of producing a 2-stopper like last week!

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Been waiting for this race all season, really need my best finish of the season but it'll be a great drive if I do as the field is so strong now.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Also, some of the kerbs can be evil if touched at the wrong angle!

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Good god I am so poor round here. Tyre wear is absolutely disgusting, from the social I did on Monday I managed 4 more stops after pitting on lap 2 :thumbdn: Although it's a fun track so hopefully some good fighting will ensue, and looking back at the last few races Fisi and I are more than likely to do battle at some point.

Jan 13, 2014
Looking forward to this one, not had as much practice as I would like but it's a great track and I'm hoping for some decent points.

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Proud member of the less than 3 hour practice club. Astonished that I finished 7.320 seconds behind 1st and came 7th... completely ignored turn 1 on lap 10 and went sailing wide costing me about 2.5 seconds and the subsequent battling which ensued. Hadn't raced Suzuka at all so my first laps were appalling but seemed to get more consistent from then on and pretty pleased to finish where I was and ended up having some nice battles so should make for an interesting video.

Not really sure if I'll continue next season, I want to practise more and enjoy the game but I can't because it's ****. Maybe F1 2014 on the Xbox One will be better, lol jk.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Annoying race for me to be honest. Qualifying was okay, but didn't reach my target of getting into the 1:31's, as I believe I got a 1:32.0xx. It didn't really matter though as there was a 4 tenth gap up to 7th. Top 7 seemed extremely competitive on pace it must be said, so no shame in qualifying where I did.

Got off to a clean start in the race however it quickly became apparent that lag was going to be an issue as in the early stages of the race I saw at least Matty, Rickeey and Minty lagging quite a bit. Might have been my connection, I don't know. Followed the pack quite nicely for the first few laps and pitted early on lap 3 to get an undercut on the field, planning to do 3 stints on the primes. The undercut got me ahead of a few cars and I believe Rickeey passed me after a few laps. Rickeey ran wide on turn 1 later though and I got back ahead. At this point I was in 5th place and felt like my pace was quite competitive so that I could stay with the drivers around me. However, behind me was a 4-car train led by Minty, who apparently couldn't see my car on the track, as on his screen I was somewhere else on the track accelerating into a wall (classic ghost car glitch). As a result, Minty ended up punting me into the gravel at the second degner, dropping me several seconds down on the aforementioned train.

This was frustrating as it really ruined any chance I might have had of battling for the 5th place I held at the time, but life goes on and I did another undercut on my second stop to close the gap to some of the cars once again. I ended up in between Martin and Minty when they exited the pit lane, and then I just let Minty through as it would most likely have led to another similar incident with him still not able to see my car.

So now I was in 8th place with SE all over my back. He had slightly fresher tyres and managed to pass me at some point in the middle part of the stint. I managed to keep up within DRS range for a few laps before he eventually he built a gap of 2-3 seconds. I pitted at the end of lap 19 for my final set of prime tyres, however SE stayed out all the way until lap 21 in order to go onto the options at the end. I had two very strong outlaps on my fresh prime tyres which meant I had gained a lot of time on SE - again making the undercut work to my advantage. SE now had the better tyres, but the gap was around 4 seconds and he wasn't able to close that. I think in Korea that might have been another scenario due to the 2-step difference between the compounds, but around here the difference wasn't that big which was good for me.

So not a great race from my view. Cars lagging around me kind of distracting me from the enjoyment of racing closely with cars around me in the first half of the race, and mostly being by myself in the second half. Think I could have challenged a bit higher on a problemfree day, but 8th is an ok result all things considered.

Well done to Noble for holding off to take the win, and to Rosberg and Limitless for seemingly getting very close to taking it away from him. Rosberg also became the 5th different pole sitter of the season! Unlucky to Randy with his issue at the end of qualifying - and to anyone else who might have experienced troublesome kerbs, ghost cars or lag throughout the race lol.

There's a break next week guys, so you have a long relaxing 2 weeks to recharge your batteries and sweat it out all the way to India! 4 races to go in the season, so regardless of what issues the game might throw at us, let's make it a good end! For now, I hope you have a good break :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Just realised I was only +11.8 seconds away from the win tonight which is clearly the smallest gap I've had to the winner all season - and that was with losing approximately 5.5s from the trip into the gravel - so even though I came away from that race with a feeling of annoyance there's definitely some positives for me to take away from it in terms of pace.

Reactions: NillisLukins

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Pretty happy to take 4th after a dreadful first stint.

Managed a 31.3 which got me 3rd on the grid. Got a great launch and got up the inside of rosberg after he left 2 car lengths on the inside haha (may have been lagging). Tried to find a rhythm but was bottling it too much with noble behind me. Made a couple of mistakes on my in-lap and ended up 9th coming out of my first stop. Managed to pick my way through the field steadily with the fresher tires in the following two stints. Final stint ended up 3rd with a 5 car battle for first, managed to avoid JD at spoon after a crazy slide. Had matty all over me but he made a mistake to turn 1 giving me some breathing space. Managed to catch up to the top 3 but couldn't really do much, just hoping one of them would crack as overtaking is solid round here.

4th is not too bad, just frustrated as it could have been more if i wasn't a complete bottlejob, But still lots to improve on, hoping a win will come eventually. (Hope it doesn't take as long as JD :p)

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I was driving a boat yesterday I think :( But have goot battle with Jason until I locked up at the hairpun and get into gravel. Then it was just boring, slow and horrible cruising around and loosing more and more time. Im actually much faster in offline GP mode. What the hell

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Had the worst quali of my life as I messed up the degners on the 1st and 3rd laps then had lag spikes on turn 1 on my 2nd lap which put me 13th with no time. This was very frustrating as my pb was 31.6 in practice so that would have put me top 8 and given me a chance to stay with the train that formed between the top 8/9 in the 1st half of the race.

Stayed with the rest of the pack for a couple of laps in the race but then got stuck behind mazy who was getting great traction out of the last corner (Much like the Sauber IRL!) which made it almost impossible to pass as I'm really cautious when overtaking so not to cause an incident. Even when I passed him before 130r he would get DRS and come straight back through. He made a big mistake at the hairpin though, not sure what lap but probably about 11/12?, which lost him more than 5 seconds and I could finally get away from him. I pulled away at over a second per lap which emphasised how much time I had lost stuck behind him for 8 or 9 laps and the gap to the guys in front was about 12 seconds so I think I definitely could have stayed with them with the help of the massive slipstream. Absolutely nothing happened after I passed Mazy until I was going through 130r on the last lap in which I found trace spinning right into the middle of the track but luckily he ghosted as that would have been a HUGE crash.

Looking back It's very frustrating knowing this was my best chance of a great finish, especially with the small gap from the leader to 9th place. But SE only gained 1 point on me so I will stay in touch but the next 3 tracks are easily the worst for me, especially India where I expect to be 2 seconds of the pace, see you in a couple of weeks :smile:

Jan 13, 2014
Didn't know what to expect in quali as i hadn't really done any quali practice but i was loosing a lot of time in the middle sector after being 3 tenths up on pole through the first. 9th wasn't bad.

Had a good start managing to take two places on the first lap however i was soon starting to struggle in the dirty air of other cars through the first sector.

For the second race in a row i screwed up my strategy, i decided to go with option,prime, prime, option. But the last two laps on my second prime stint cost me way too much time and fisi got a massive undercut. It took me too long to adjust to the grip of the options and by the time i'd got used to them they were dying and i was only holding the gap until the last lap where fisi pulled out a couple of seconds.

All in all pretty frustrated but i just don't have the time to play the game enough during the week. Now with a break week hopefully i'll be able to get a solid amount of practice in and pull out a good performance in India which is probably my favourite track of the season as we've got no Monaco or Singapore. See you then.

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Qualifying was fairly good as my first lap of the session proved to be my quickest! Was up on my time by almost 2 tenths on my last run, but well a truly bottled the chicane to match the time again : | However, it was good enough to start P2 behind Rosberg with a great lap for pole.

As for the race, got a perfect start and managed to kers past Rosberg for the lead into T1. For the rest of the stint I managed to hold a decent gap from Noble who got into 2nd after around 2 laps in. Noble pitted quite early at the end of lap 3, so I planned to pit the next lap to cover him off. Was starting my lap when Noble pitted, went into T1 a bit too early and braked on the kerb, from which I locked up completely and went off the track losing quite a bit of time. Managed to rejoin in 1st just ahead of Rosberg. Pitted next lap and undoubtedly lost a lot of time to Noble on the undercut as I also got jumped by Rosberg in the pits having a 4 second pitstop. Managed to pull off a move on Rosberg at the end of the DRS straight the next lap as I was desperate to not lose any time battling. Towards the end of the stint I started to close in slowly on Noble. However, Noble was suffering with ghost cars and ending up losing practically his whole lead in trying to avoid one! When Noble pitted for his second stop I was right behind and went for the extra lap once again. As I pitted, I came out just behind Noble so slotted in behind. After a few laps of trying to get past in DRS I finally managed to with a decent move at the end of the home straight. From there I manage to pull out a slight gap until on lap 19, I decided to brake on the kerb and lock up straight into the gravel. Went from 1st to 4th in about a second. Decided to pit earlier than I wanted to try and get an undercut, from where I got jumped in the pits once again and have another 4 second pitstop. From there I drove the best I could from 4th to see me finish 3rd .5 behind the winner (whoever that is :p ).

Overall, a very exciting but frustrating race for me. Put myself in a great position and make 2 huge mistakes that cost me the chance of a better result today. Will be nice having a weeks break and looking forward to India!

My highlights:

[video=youtube;Juvy-Uffrjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juvy-Uffrjc&list=UUlm-9W9f6CoiHJuX3mnMRyQ&feature=c4-overview[/video]