F1: Round 13 - Indian Grand Prix [02/03/14 - 9:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1: Round 13 - Indian Grand Prix [02/03/14 - 9:00pm]

Jan 13, 2014
A new personal best finish for me, 4th! Although it was mainly due to others misfortune.

Qualifying was poor, on my first run I decided that I had cut the first corner so I forfeited that lap. Second run was quite conservative just to get a banker lap in and on the third run I was 3 tenths up but massively bottled the last corner meaning improving by only half a tenth. But quali was very close for the top 11, 7 tenths in it?

As for the race i pooed myself getting off the start with Rosbergs car sitting on the grid. I wasn't really looking ahead and saw him late, if his car hadn't have ghosted then that would have been my race over.
Made a lunge up the inside of Fisi at T4 which went slightly wrong as I hit the inside of Callum but nothing too major. Managed to get in front of Callum soon after and pull away and started to catch randy and rickey. Had a small battle with randy on the second stint but in the third and fourth stint I didn't have the pace to stay with him. I realised that 5th was going to be my finishing position so I just cruised until the end. 5th became 4th with a disconnection.

Nice work Nobel on your championship.

Reactions: FisiFan91

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Well that was frustrating after my best drive in a while and having quite an entertaining race.

Quali was pretty good but my middle sector was consistently worse than others in practice and was the same when it came down to it but my first and final secotrs were neat so only 0.5 off was a good result.

The first lap was horrible with Minty lagging all over the place so apologies to Martin behind me for what I can imagine was some erratic changes of direction to miss Minty's car but I really couldn't do anything about it. From then on I stayed relativley close to the leading three with Randy always coming at me. My strategy was to pit a lap earlier than everyone else as Randy and I were so close and it was working pretty well as I stayed in contention for a long while, which was made easier with Limitless disconnecting on his outlap right infront of me which really sucks for him, so unlucky mate. From then on it was a straight fight with Randy who went onto the Options for a 7 lap stint at the end so would have been very interesting to see what happened with tyres as I was on primes. However, I disconnected on Lap 25 as he past me which was incredibly dissapointing. Woulda been a nice 27 point haul for McLaren although we're only fighting ourselves.

Looking good for a McLaren battle for 4th which if Randy bothers to practice for more than an hour I am pretty set to lose as his race pace is something I can't really match.

Well done to Randy and Matt for getting back on the podium

Well done to Noble on securing yet another championship what is that now like 5 in a row?

Reactions: TRL Limitless

RandyMcScrandy1

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Pretty pleased with that. Qualifying is really my weak point, and has been ever since I joined the leagues. Managed to get within 4 tenths of my pb but that only left me in 10th with it all to do. I managed to get a good start dispatching of callum and fisi at t1 with rosberg not starting. Minty was lagging all over the place which held me rickey and martin up loads and ended in martin being absolutely hammered at the final corner gifting me two positions. However the gap that was left between myself and rickey by the disappearance of these two cars meant that I was two seconds behind the top 4 and without drs, which played real havoc. the front 3-4 would battle or hold eachother up through the tight sections and I would often get the gap down to almost under the second barrier, but whenever I got close I lost around 7 tenths on the straight through DRS. Jumped Matty in the pits after his misfortunes and began to chase down rickey. I slowly but surely hunted him down and began to battle him but he disconnected. I then set about hunting Matt down and decided that the gap was too large for me to bridge on the same strategy, and I pitted for options instead for the final stint. This turned out to be a terrible decision as the options lacked any pace over the primes and very quickly went off culminating in my dropping behind the front 2. Settled for 3rd in the end, happy to be back on the podium and my pace with such little practice appeared very promising and, as I actually really enjoyed that race, Im considering coming back to race next season after that :)

commiserations to Rickey, well done to Noble on the championship and Matt on his comeback drive, and to SE on his best F1 result yet :) I'd like to think that the old Randy is back now ;)

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
RandyMcScrandy1;n17377 said:
commiserations to Rickey, well done to Noble on the championship and Matt on his comeback drive, and to SE on his best F1 result yet :) I'd like to think that the old Randy is back now ;)
I'd like to think the old Randy is staying now ;)

x M a t t y G

1-time AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Well that was an entertaining race to say the least...!!!

Qualified in 4th which I knew would be good enough as it was just going to be a slipstream train for the beginning of the race at least. Got up to 3rd when Rosberg didn't start (what a joke whoever pressed ready!!), and then kept with Noble and JD comfortably throughout the first stint. There was a slight lack of communication from myself and Noble meaning I only found out I wasn't going to be able to pit on lap 5 at the last corner (otherwise I would've pitted on lap 4), so I had to stay out another lap which was an absolute disaster... The understeer was absolutely horrific and then coming into the pits, I had no idea where to brake or anything and just ran wide on my disgusting tyres which lost me even more time.

I came out in 9th place which was a pretty big shock to the system as I was 3rd the lap before... I didn't think I had lost THAT much time, but clearly I had!! From then on it was probably one of the best races I've driven in a very long time. Lock ups were non existent for me (which is a rarity) and I was able to bang in lap after lap and get past the guys ahead pretty quickly. Managed to pass Callum and Fisi on the same lap which helped and then it was about bridging the gap to SE (I think?) and he was very tough to pass and the time lost with him (as I was on 1 lap fresher tyres) probably cost me the chance of battling Noble on the last lap but fair play, it was great defending just very frustrating lol. With JD disconnecting I think I was up to 5th and then eventually caught Randy who I can't even remember passing and then passed Rickey at the long right hander which was a pretty outrageous move which I hadn't planned to do until Rickey ran slightly wide into the entrance of the corner!

After the final pit stops I thought I may actually have a chance at catching Noble but the gap stayed at around 4s for the entire stint until the last lap where I'm guessing Noble's tyres went off quite a bit and finished 1.1s behind. Obviously disappointing to have not got the win as I'm probably going to be nowhere in Abu Dhabi but a comeback to 2nd and gaining 18 points on JD (sorry, I disconnected at Monza :p) is good and keeps me just about in the fight for 2nd in the championship again.

Congratulations on yet another WDC Noble, and Randy for getting back on the podium at last... Can't believe you DSC'ed on the same lap again Rickey, what a joke! JD, I'm coming for you ;).

Oh and yeah, I guess I might give it one more season ;)

Jan 13, 2014
My Quali Lap. Fisi i've uploaded this on to file factory for you, I couldn't put my race highlights on there because the file was too big.