F1: Round 15 - United States Grand Prix [16/03/14 - 9:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1: Round 15 - United States Grand Prix [16/03/14 - 9:00pm]

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014

Round 15 - United States Grand Prix
Season 7

Race Information:

Date: Sun 16th March 2014
Time: 9:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas

• Rules and Regulations
• Race Calendar
• Current Standings

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
TRL Rosberg;n19909 said:
ferrari 1-2 im predicting ;) lol
No.... Just no XD

Id like to think i can have a stronger performance than Abu dhabi, we'll see how it goes. Hopeful for a top 6 if things go well for me personally, its a nice track :)

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Feeling good around here! Hopefully can get a strong result around here to maintain the battle for 2nd in the champs

TRL Limitless

Jan 13, 2014
[video=youtube;5GxaxnR6Hxw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GxaxnR6Hxw&list=UUlm-9W9f6CoiHJuX3mnMRyQ[/video]

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I've had so little sleep in the last two days, I'm going to be an absolute zombie in the race tonight! Haven't had time to do much practice either, but still hope I can bounce back from the horrible Abu Dhabi experience.

TRL Limitless

Jan 13, 2014
Not sure how to respond to your comment adrenaline, by my intro song is Adventure Club - Retro City, Outro is meHilove - Daylight (original remix)

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Not looking forward to this at all, hopefully I'll be in GP2 next season because I'm clearly no longer quick enough for this league unfortunately :thumbdn:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Considering my body wanted to fall asleep at every straight, I think I did pretty well to finish 7th, 16 seconds of the win. Will write a proper report tomorrow as I'm completely dead and needs to sleep, but well done Randy on your first F1 win :D

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Tempted to put Noble in the stewards panel for an unsafe release looking at this video? :lol: Hahaha JK, I literally couldn't believe what i was seeing haha
[video=youtube;pi-2mCk28Lg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi-2mCk28Lg&list=UUlm-9W9f6CoiHJuX3mnMRyQ[/video]

Epic race from my perspective, was on limit for the entire race as the field was soo competitive and strong!!

Qualifying was frustrating, put in a decent 35.7. But on my second run i was 0.4 up in the middle sector and then forgot how to drive and choked.

Race was a lot of fun. Start was just survival tbh, took it very cautiously and maintained my position. As usual im pretty weak in the opening laps as it takes me one or two to find my rhythm, got rinsed my noble at turn 1 with a nice outside pass from him. The rest of my stint i maintained position and be in the pack. First stop came out behind fisi and about 5 seconds behind the top 5, managed to pass him and for the rest of the stint just slowly caught up to the back of JD, Rickkey n Noble. Came out of my box and my car slowed down to about 19mph basically handing noble his position as you'll see in the vid. Underestimated JD speed with DRS and he tore past me but was happy to sit with drs, save fuel and perhaps attack later on being on -1. But with matty flying behind me it made things tricky and again i got humiliated again at turn 1 with the outside pass. Just pushed as hard as i could to maintain 5th and keep the trio honest and with a bit of luck managed to grab 3rd as they tangled.

Delighted to grab a podium after 2 nightmare races at India n Abu dhabi. Could have been more if didn't choke in qually but thats how it goes. Well Done to Randy for grabbing the win, your pace was very strong.

Brazil will be insane with the slipstream and the fact the field has closed up so much at the front, it'll probably rain too haha. Should be interesting!!

TRL Limitless

Jan 13, 2014
Qualifying couldn't of gone any better by almost matching my PB with the first run, so from there the pressure was off and went for another lap at the end that I bottled in the middle sector.

As for the race, had a awful getaway from the line and pretty much losing 1st straight away. Tried to hold it around the outside of Rickey but had nowhere to go in the end. As a result of that, dropped down to 3rd behind both McLarens. At this point, was just aiming to keep with the front 2 and hoping to take advantage of their battling whilst saving as much fuel as possible for the end of the race. Made a few attempts in the first stint to get past, but some good defensive driving by Rickey and Randy kept me behind.

For the second stint Randy pitted one lap earlier before myself and Rickey. Managed to get past Rickey by going down the inside of the double left which was a great relief! Set about catching Randy of the one lap fresher tyres. Caught him around 7 laps later towards the end of the stint where I made an attempt to pass, but had no room to go around the outside at the end of straight as the track annoying narrows up quite a bit! From there, I didn't want to lose anymore time battling and just focused on pitting one lap later for better tyres in the final stint. Randy pitted and I therefore went for the extra lap. Had a second and half gap behind to Noble so was hoping not to get jumped in the pits so I could set off after Randy during the final stint, however I made a mistake before going into the pits that let Noble and the train behind him to close right up on me as we entered the pits. As with Spain, I got completely mugged with an 8 second pit stop whilst losing 3 positions also, this ruined any chance of having a battle with Randy in the final laps when his tyres would go off.

Being very frustrated I set out to just do the best I could from where I was. Martin thankfully didn't make it difficult for me to get past (Thanks mate). I then focused on chasing down Noble and Rickey C, but Rickey C lagged out once again from being in a great position so lucky mate, I know how frustrating that is (India). My last stint wasn't great as I was driving quite inconsistent making some mistakes, but once I got into a rhythm I slowly started to eat into the gap to Noble. However at this point, Matty had gone for a 3 stop, and as a result of my 8 second stop, he was closing up on me fast for the last couple of laps! At this point I was desperate to clear Noble for some extra points, so on the penultimate lap at the end of the straight I went down the inside, from there we went side by side into the right where I tried to hold it around the outside for the inside of the double left. My tyres at this point weren't great and I ended up losing the car slightly before the double left cutting off Matty quite badly. Coming out of the left I got a decent-ish exit and was trying to cover off Matty on the inside. In doing so, I clipped Noble's rear tyre slightly and it send me to the right with no control leaving Matty no where to go resulting is us both losing out. This put me back to 7th from where Minty kindly let me go through on the last lap for some extra points to see be ahead of Matt going into the last race, so thanks for that mate.

Overall, another very frustrating race when qualifying went so well. Either seem to have a good streak of results with no bad luck at all, or it goes the complete opposite where I have a horrific streak with not much luck on my side.

Apologies for that incident, as I take responsibility for it, I just simply lost the car and couldn't do anything about it. I also waited after to see if Matt was behind, but I then realised he was already ahead.

Well done also to Randy, a great win as you had the pace and consistency that put you out of trouble, so well done mate.

Hoping to not have anything go wrong at Brazil in the pitstops as that's all I'm asking from this game :thumbup:

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Incredibly disappointed after disconnecting from a potential podium yet again, even more so this time as with plenty of fuel, better tyres and a set-up which worked better towards the end I was hoping to attack Randy for the win. Although, I'm pleased with the way I have been driving since India and practising with Randy has done my race craft the world of good and the fact that I was fighting for the win two races in a row is a massive stride forward for me, hopefully I can have a much better Season 8.

Quali was ok. My first sector and final sector was brilliant and my middle was 4 tenths off where I should have been. I braked 5-10 metres too early for the corner entering the straight and ended up cutting it a tiny bit and getting a really poor run down the straight, other than that the lap was one of my best and am overjoyed to achieve my third front row start.

The race was so much fun, I'm pleased I got to experience the first 18 laps at least as it was so hectic. Lining up on 2nd with Randy in 4th I knew the chance was there to be 1-2 after T1 so I got the most godly start ever absolutely no wheel spin and flew past JD and hung him out to dry so Randy could slither up the inside and make it a McLaren 1-2 as I knew we couldn't let JD have clean air to race into on his own. Once in the lead my arms and hands were a little shaky but somehow didn't bottle it and managed to stay in first until lap 6 when I stopped. As Randy had pitted a lap earlier we came out side by side however knowing he was there I cut turn 1 to ensure we didn't have a massive accident , even so we still hit each other rather hard but managed to keep it in a straight line and the only negative was a position lost to Matty. From then on it was a battle between Randy JD, myself, and Noble with Matt on an alternate strategy which turned out some great fighting until the stops on lap 17. I came into the pits in third out of a group consisting of JD, Noble, myself and Martin and went back out in first which was absolutely brilliant as I managed to get a 2 second gap with plenty of fuel and better tyres than Randy who was between 3-4 seconds up the road at this point.

Unfortunately with 15 points between Randy and myself I can't realistically fight for fourth in the Drivers Standings and without my disconnection the fight for second in the constructors between McLaren and Toro Rosso would be a single point or something, so yer... screw my internet :/.

Well done to Randy on your first F1 win I know you've waited a while for it :D

RandyMcScrandy1

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Well I've been trying to get that result since the beginning of 2012, the two year wait is finally over!

Qualifying my lap wasn't particularly great in any of the sectors, but due to the close nature in F1 I managed to just about sneak into 4th, a tenth slower and I would have been down in 7th/8th.

T1 was fantastically worked between myself and Rickey. Rickey knew that I'd be happy to protect him if we managed to get into the top 2 slots so he nailed the first corner and hung JD out to dry in order to promote me to second. The first couple of laps were slightly messy as everyone found their feet and I just aimed to keep JD as far from Rickey as possible before I pitted. Had to pit on lap 5 as I couldn't pit with Rickey so I looked to get the undercut. I came out right behind Matt however which slowed down my outlap meaning that I only just jumped rickey and he was easily in my tow, so this time round the undercut really didn't work. I managed to hold the lead through the period in which my tyres were absolutely trashed in comparison to those behind me and, after trying my best to back JD into rickey before I pitted, I came in on the end of lap 16. Had a decent outlap and when I passed the pit exit there was nobody anywhere near me. The undercut had actually gained me about 3-4 seconds on Rickey which became a 5 second lead when he disconnected. I absolutely bottled the next couple of laps allowing Noble to get the gap down to about 4 seconds but then I suddenly hit a rhythm and actually managed to open the gap up towards the end of the race, with Noble struggling in sector 2 probably being the main reason as to why I managed to stay a safe distance ahead. I wasn't sure if my tyres were going to survive enough on the final lap so I made sure that the gap didn't drop, and the tyres never reached the cliff anyway so I (Finally) crossed the line for my first victory in F1.

Big thanks to Rickey for the assistance at t1 and unlucky for disconnecting as well, really feel that a McLaren 1-2 was on in the situation we were in there. Just hoping that I can get a decent result at Brazil, maybe a podium if I can sort my quali pace out once and for all and then I can move my focus to next season :)

Reactions: FisiFan91

x M a t t y G

1-time AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Well that race was a classic example of not doing enough race practice.

Qualifying was average at best, putting in a mediocre lap and starting in 7th.

Managed to get up to 5th after the first sector as everyone was being held up one way or another. Then managed to get up to 4th once I passed Minty a couple of laps into the race. I pitted at the end of lap 4 (as I expected a 3 stop to be the strategy everyone was doing), and when I crossed the finish line after my outlap to see only Randy pitting, I thought 'Oh f***, I'm on the wrong strategy'. I decided that I would stick with it as I had heard people saying the tyres go off pretty dramatically towards the end of the stints. At times I was driving really well, but I made far too many mistakes to make a 3 stop work. I was losing my head when I'd randomly lock up and then get stuck on the marbles (which I did god knows how many times). Somehow I still managed to catch up to the fight for 2nd place towards the end of the race, passing Martin a few laps from the end and then setting my sights on the only person I wanted/needed to beat... JD. Lap 27/28 I'm right behind JD and Noble with 2 lap fresher tyres and feeling like 2nd was in the bag, JD went for a move up the inside of Noble at the end of the long straight and they started battling, meaning I caught right up to them by the next corner. JD then went off the track and swerved straight back on which caused contact otherwise I would have most probably cleared JD by the braking zone of the double left hander. However that was not the case as I was slowed down by the contact, and with Noble struggling on his tyres infront, there was hardly any space and then JD spun off Noble's rear tyre into me and I was gutted. I know Noble would've allowed me through for the extra championship points so 2nd was pretty much guaranteed before that! Martin got through and had too much of a gap for me to get back past on the last lap.

A frustrating result when it seems like my pace could've challenged for the win on the right strategy... I will make sure to practice further than lap 4 in the future!! But I would've bitten your hand off if you were to say to me before the race that I'd gain 2 points on JD and be only 2 behind come the final race.

I will be livestreaming the final race of the season as it'll be my last opportunity to for the AOR! It should be a good'un :)