PS4 - F3 Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F3 Main Thread

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
It's incredible. But remember, I was nearly 20 when Pong was( the 1st computer game) introduced to the world. Things have advanced so much!
I was born the same year Dong came out :wideyed: Was it Pong that got you into gaming?

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I was born the same year Dong came out :wideyed: Was it Pong that got you into gaming?
It was like inventing the wheel! At the time nobody could have imagined what was going to happen with gaming? Unimaginable what we are playing today. We can link up with people all over the world and compete. Real science fiction. When I try to think what will happen in another 40 years, my brain explodes! I'm hoping if I reach 100 there will be some kind of reality game in which I can be 20 years old again.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I think what this shows is the huge gap in difference between GP2 and F3 standards. dFlashAshb and Don were struggling in the higher league but Ash is dominant in this league. It doesn't make me want to get promoted and I'm sure Neil and Ash feels the same?
I agree with you about the gap between GP2 and F3. It's quite an ominous one. I still think TT and the evaluation races are the way to go every season
The gap between GP2 and F3 is big, but i actually think the big gap is towards the bottom of the grid of the GP2. I'd say the slowest 3 or 4 drivers currently in there would not be dominating the races in F3, although they would of course be challenging for wins and podiums like myself and Don. I felt when i moved down that there were other guy's in there slower than me and Don in general, but i was plagued by poor mistakes, lack of practise (no console or wheel for 3 years ), rustiness from the game and terrible internet connection, and a desperation to score points so that i pushed too hard and crashed or was too scared of taking someone out to race wheel to wheel properly. The move down suited me well, it gave me motivation when i realised i could fight for big points in here and from the very first race i've enjoyed every moment of racing. I definitely wouldn't want to be moved back into that tier, and although i have been quite dominant in my races so far i don't feel like i'm better than any of the top 5 or 6.
I disagree to some extent about the gap between GP2 & F3, I honestly don't think its as big as what its being made out to be, when I've looked at the results of former F3 drivers who got moved - Malaske had a few non points finishes at first but has scored points in both the last 2 races. Bcolli finished 5th in his first race but then missed a few races.
And a few drivers in this tier before those 2 moved were able to keep pace with them or beat them at some tracks.
If I'm honest when Ash & Don got moved down here I was a bit surprised as it seemed there were 1 or 2 other drivers who were struggling as well pace wise in GP2 but alas you guys ended up here.

I will say though that Ash's form of late is good enough to put him well in the mid-pack of GP2 in my opinion (his pole lap would have put him 10th in GP2 at Singapore) but to be fair theres been many races where Neil rutter has had good enough pace to be in GP2 and myself on a few occasions. (when I look back to Germany and Italy recently my pace there seemed to be overkill compared to most in our tier)
With regards to whether anyone would want to get moved up to GP2 next season, speaking personally I liked to be challenged and while its fun battling for wins and podiums, I would get as much enjoyment trying to finish in the points in a higher tier as I do currently, I don't need the incentive of wins to get me pushing just tough competition.

I suspect there'll be some changes at the end of the season and while some people may not want to race in a higher tier, the simple truth is you won't have a choice if you are quicker then you will be moved as shown by the mid-season driver moves. Bcolli tried his hardest to stay in our tier when he was moved to GP2 and because he said he had no interest in racing in GP2 he lost his racing seat entirely and couldn't race in our tier either. So he had to take a reserve seat in GP2 and only recently got a full time seat.
I would be very surprised if Ash and Neil aren't in GP2 after this season and I think I have a decent chance as does Chris, but that's if there's no overhaul of the current tier system, but of course I'm just speculating. Obviously we'll find out what will happen within the next 2 months.

Luckily for me I'll be missing Mexico due to a holiday(unfortunately not in Mexico). I'm not saying I won't try to win but it doesn't bother me if I don't. I know from previous leagues that the next season usually gets totally readjusted from scratch due to new influx of racers.
So, my thoughts on the remainder of the season.. I have a holiday on the second week of March which means i will miss the Mexico race. I don't think i've driven a lap of the track ever besides a quick practise i didn't enjoy at all and i'm very glad to have gotten lucky in terms of the week i picked for my holidays.
This is a bit of bombshell, its a shame that both of you are missing a race as it might make a big difference come the end of the season, its means that all of a sudden Mexico is a big opportunity not only for myself and Neil also for everyone else, but I hope the pair of you enjoy your respective holidays.(y):)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Oh and what Don mentioned about TT and Evaluation races, while TT can serve a purpose I think it should be more geared towards evaluation races instead, as TT isn't always a true reflection of someones actual race pace.

Last edited:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I disagree to some extent about the gap between GP2 & F3, I honestly don't think its as big as what its being made out to be, when I've looked at the results of former F3 drivers who got moved - Malaske had a few non points finishes at first but has scored points in both the last 2 races. Bcolli finished 5th in his first race but then missed a few races.
And a few drivers in this tier before those 2 moved were able to keep pace with them or beat them at some tracks.
If I'm honest when Ash & Don got moved down here I was a bit surprised as it seemed there were 1 or 2 other drivers who were struggling as well pace wise in GP2 but alas you guys ended up here.

I will say though that Ash's form of late is good enough to put him well in the mid-pack of GP2 in my opinion (his pole lap would have put him 10th in GP2 at Singapore) but to be fair theres been many races where Neil rutter has had good enough pace to be in GP2 and myself on a few occasions. (when I look back to Germany and Italy recently my pace there seemed to be overkill compared to most in our tier)
With regards to whether anyone would want to get moved up to GP2 next season, speaking personally I liked to be challenged and while its fun battling for wins and podiums, I would get as much enjoyment trying to finish in the points in a higher tier as I do currently, I don't need the incentive of wins to get me pushing just tough competition.

I suspect there'll be some changes at the end of the season and while some people may not want to race in a higher tier, the simple truth is you won't have a choice if you are quicker then you will be moved as shown by the mid-season driver moves. Bcolli tried his hardest to stay in our tier when he was moved to GP2 and because he said he had no interest in racing in GP2 he lost his racing seat entirely and couldn't race in our tier either. So he had to take a reserve seat in GP2 and only recently got a full time seat.
I would be very surprised if Ash and Neil aren't in GP2 after this season and I think I have a decent chance as does Chris, but that's if there's no overhaul of the current tier system, but of course I'm just speculating. Obviously we'll find out what will happen within the next 2 months.

This is a bit of bombshell, its a shame that both of you are missing a race as it might make a big difference come the end of the season, its means that all of a sudden Mexico is a big opportunity not only for myself and Neil also for everyone else, but I hope the pair of you enjoy your respective holidays.(y):)
As for tiers, the number of sign ups is a huge variable. Back in season 8 we had about 5 tiers on PS3. Xbox used to have about 7! This time round we only had 4 at the start (including the rookie league). Let's hope everyone who's in the reserve league signs up sooner next time because I think you could probably fit a tier between us and GP2. Some of us would be in that tier.

As for Mexico, I barely touched that track on F1 2015 and haven't touched it at all on this game so it's a huge unknown

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oh and what Don mentioned about TT and Evaluation races, while TT can serve a purpose I think it should be more geared towards evaluation races instead, as TT isn't always a true reflection if someones actual race pace.
People were sandbagging in TT. That's why it failed

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Nice one Don. Ta very much. I'm 21 today and my real name is chris130296.
Omg I've been wondering for nearly 2 years now what all the numbers were for and I've literally only just realised lol. Happy birthday for last week. :)

• Funny
Reactions: chris130256

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Was just looking through the championship standings properly and there are some great battles building up with 4 races to go.

There's likely now a 1 v 1 battle for 5th both tied on 116 points @Elite_sultan & @pete day .

Then 3/4 drivers scrapping for 7th - @Dale Stones 83pts @Marcus Lindblom 78pts @blake300892 72pts and on current form @DON SILVA 52 pts could close the gap to those ahead.

Also for 11th @syluntbob68 43pts, ahead of Ferrari teammates @Joost 39pts & @Wimstradamus 38pts.

15th @Donks 28 pts just one clear of @Philip_66 on 27pts.

And finally @Ben hughes 6pts then @YabbaTheHutt & @Kris Banucha both on 2pts just ahead of @Defiant195 & @CragglesD on 1pt.

So a lot for everyone to play for and should make some good little rivalries between all drivers in the championship, for these final 4 races it should be good.

Last edited:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Was just looking through the championship standings properly and there are some great battles building up with 4 races to go.

There's likely now a 1 v 1 battle for 5th both tied on 116 points @Elite_sultan & @pete day .

Then 3/4 drivers scrapping for 7th - @Dale Stones 83pts @Marcus Lindblom 78pts @blake300892 72pts and on current form @DON SILVA 52 pts could close the gap to those ahead.

Also for 11th @syluntbob68 43pts, ahead of Ferrari teammates @Joost 39pts & @Wimstradamus 38pts.

15th @Donks 28 pts just one clear of @Philip_66 on 27pts.

And finally @Ben hughes 6pts then @YabbaTheHutt & @Kris Banucha both on 2pts just ahead of @Defiant195 & @CragglesD on 1pt.

So a lot for everyone to play for and should make some good little rivalries between all drivers in the championship, for these final 4 races it should be good.
I'm not fussed about where I finish to be honest. I just want a damn podium!

Reactions: Wobbuffet

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
Btw, if not clear, I'm not racing due to my Internet making races unplayable for me.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Btw, if not clear, I'm not racing due to my Internet making races unplayable for me.
I was almost sure that you wouldn't be racing... Sad you internet isn't holding up for racing :(