PS4 - F3 Race Video Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F3 Race Video Thread

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Here is my first stint as not much happened to me in the rest of the race except getting lapped by 3 /4 cars. Was very pleased with my qualifying and I knew there was probably faster drivers behind. If it were not for the incident and nose change would have probably had P10. Lap 7 turn 1 incident panicked because of missing marker board, did not know which one was missing and was being overtaken by 1 possibly 2 cars at the same time.

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
Ah mate! That was me in the Toro Rosso. I figured at the time that you'd just turned in and hit me and was sure you must have known I was there. Shame dude. My perspective from the lap before is at 46:12 on my replay.

Last edited:

Donks

F1 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2015
Ah mate! That was me in the Toro Rosso. I figured at the time that you'd just turned in and hit me and was sure you must have known I was there. Shame dude. My perspective from the lap before is at 46:12 on my replay.
I was following both of you. Really unlucky @Defiant195 as you shot off to the right and @machwebb drove a straight line. As did you? Looked really strange following.
I've set up my Elgato kit again so can record all the races and share from Bahrain.

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
My short race from yesterday.
Hit the wall, so my race was done.

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
Unlucky Joost!

Bahrain - Timestamped at keypoints in the description

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
@Elite_sultan compared to my efforts, watching your driving at Bahrain was like having a really nice bedtime story read...so chilled. Learnt a lot, thanks for sharing.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
@Elite_sultan compared to my efforts, watching your driving at Bahrain was like having a really nice bedtime story read...so chilled. Learnt a lot, thanks for sharing.
No worries mate and thanks for the compliment mate, I'll gladly share my set ups with you bud, if ever you see me online drop me an invite and I'll pratice with you.

Reactions: machwebb

machwebb

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Mar 8, 2016
Tbh Aero, during the race I thought blummin 'eck he came from a long way back. I'd begun to turn in, realised you were gonna be there, opened up slightly to leave a little room at the apex and felt a little tap on my right rear which rotated my car toward the corner again. Certainly not an intentional closing of the door. Never the less, Nicely done man ;) Luckily we both got away with it.

blake300892

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Tbh Aero, during the race I thought blummin 'eck he came from a long way back. I'd begun to turn in, realised you were gonna be there, opened up slightly to leave a little room at the apex and felt a little tap on my right rear which rotated my car toward the corner again. Certainly not an intentional closing of the door. Never the less, Nicely done man ;) Luckily we both got away with it.
Well I wasn't actually going for the move at first!

I'd passed a couple of cars on fresher tyres so was just showing myself a bit to make people aware and it seemed some just jumped out the way.

It was only when you caught my out with braking before I started my braking that I thought to then carry on up the inside.

Reactions: machwebb

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
The race of yesterday.
Had a small kiss with the wall in the Q.
Race was not good.

Reactions: Malaske

Donks

F1 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2015

Video Highlights, many of them as it was non stop.

Qualified low on softs as wanted the tyre choice, but, alas due to a trigger happy starter many of us lost that option. It takes time to sort out tyres so we need at least a minute or two before you all go..... Please take note......
This can be see on the video @
2:40. Setting up race strategy... time must be given with only the host starting the race as I along with others were sorting out their strategy and hadn't completed.

5:50. First corner. Enter following @Marcus Lindblom who goes wide so easily slide onto the inside with no other drivers in proximity. As we turn in I see @Dale Stones on the inside and it looks like @Defiant195 is behind. We all turn in together and I end up the sandwich filling. It looks like @Marcus Lindblom turns into me and then spins into @Defiant195 whom both spin out. I did take my foot off the gas so maybe something to do with it. Racing incident? Not sure what else I could or would have done should the same reoccur.

I'm flying up to 5th on lap 2 after @pete day goes wide after the hairpin.

Lap 3 I manage to pass @syluntbob68 on the back straight so up to 4th, jeez....

@Bcolli187 is a little fast so can't keep up and have a great battle with @Dale Stones alongside several more as it is too tight trying to hold my position. Pits stops at lap 5 have me running 3rd.... Happy days, while it lasted.

Lap 6 (15:30 on the vid clip) and @Dale Stones gets past and I have to break hard to avoid a clash on the final bend, this let's @RWS_Auron through so back to 4th.

It's really close racing battling @RWS_Auron but @Dale Stones has a problem at the end of lap 7 so I'm back to 3rd right behind @RWS_Auron with @Bcolli187 several seconds up the track in the lead. There are 4 of us within a second of each other and sooo close. Any mistake costly.
On lap 8 19:00 on the vid Im so close to a clean pass on @RWS_Auron who pits along with @Bcolli187 so now 1st.. thinking "I've missed the right time to stop.....". @pete day & @Dale Stones are right on my gearbox and there is some great racing. @pete day on the back straight on lap 9 20:35 but over breaks allowing me to cut back in.

I pit for mediums on lap 9 and am sure one wheel fell of the wagon as I failed to get back in and ended at the back of the field.

I exit in 12th. Behind @Marcus Lindblom (De Ja Vu T1 on Lap 1...). Feels like the first 10 laps haven't happened . @syluntbob68 breaks quite early for the hairpin and I have to lockup to avoid, think we slightly touched as I pass but @syluntbob68 has me back on the pit straight with a nice clean pass. I get the place back on the back straight the following lap so up to 10th on lap 11 24:00

Chasing down @Marcus Lindblom on lap 12 @blake300892 has a problem on the back straight so now running 8th which I would take.

I don't quite have the pace with the mediums and am a couple of tenths down a lap to @Marcus Lindblom. Think my pace on mediums is a couple of seconds a lap too slow which is ultimately why I ended in the back end out of the points. I also have a new challenge from @neil rutter who's right on my back on softs. Easy pass down the backstraight for @neil rutter so now in 9th. Looking back I think I raced with all the field in this race Have to say chaps it's so much fun. So many passes in only 13 laps with half the field. It's very cool

I can't hold onto @neil rutter who's a good second a lap quicker (and gets a fastest lap at that point) and I'm conscious of @Elite_sultan only 2 seconds behind. I'm thinking hold a good line for 5 more laps for the last pit stop and a top 10 is in my sights.

I'm catching @RWS_Auron again quickly on lap 15 31:00. And there is little between 4th and 10th. Just a couple of seconds. Game on... last pit stop will be crucial.

I'm a good second a lap quicker than @RWS_Auron and now @Elite_sultan is becoming a problem on lap 17 34:00 it all goes wrong. I've got much more grip on what must be the worn softs for @RWS_Auron who's driving very erratic lines. at 34:15 I'm hit and off the track. Had no where to go. Not sure what other's think.....

@Elite_sultan is through and I'm now 9th 3 seconds behind. @Elite_sultan pits along with someone else so back to 7th on lap 18. What a race.....

Now I have new challenge in the shape of @OurRobOrRoss for company on softs with my 10 lap old mediums. @chris130256 is also keeping both of us good company.

I pit on lap 19 for the final stint on softs.

I do a great stop hitting the speed limit with 10 meters of the line so am pleased I've done what I can.

I exit 13th behind @syluntbob68 and am hoping to get a few places back to top 10 as believe I've got the pace in the last 8 laps. I'm running close to @syluntbob68 and catching but @Rib Ivey is also catching me.

I make a mistake and overcook the rears exiting the hairpin on lap 21 42:00 and that's enough for @Rib Ivey to pass... Great .

Lap 22 is unbelievable. 42:30. All three of us nearly alongsideeach other as @syluntbob68 goes to wide at turn 1. How me and @Rib Ivey didn't spin out is down to obvious great driving skills and not simple luck
@syluntbob68 has a problem and is all over the place. @Rib Ivey gets past and so do I. But, I'm going in deep and try to slow at full lock. I hit @Rib Ivey and I'm spun out. Thankfully @Rib Ivey is ok. But I'm down to 15th. Get back to 14th due to someone pitting but I couldn't even catch my team mate which was running on AI. That's it. I think I'm just slow

I'm not sure how but I'm well below what I thought was possible.

Any feedback? I think the tyres were OK, pitting on lap 9 for softs to mediums and 19 back to softs. As I think I lost about 10 seconds due to the collisions but was a minute back from the winner (my race pace is 2-3 seconds slower) but 40 seconds behind the guys I was racing before the last pit stop. So I think the pace was 2 seconds a lap slow which is why time trial is ineffective on race runs and need to use the online practise more......

RWS_Auron

Pro Karter
Sep 15, 2016

I'm catching @RWS_Auron again quickly on lap 15 31:00. And there is little between 4th and 10th. Just a couple of seconds. Game on... last pit stop will be crucial.

I'm a good second a lap quicker than @RWS_Auron and now @Elite_sultan is becoming a problem on lap 17 34:00 it all goes wrong. I've got much more grip on what must be the worn softs for @RWS_Auron who's driving very erratic lines. at 34:15 I'm hit and off the track. Had no where to go. Not sure what other's think.....
Well here's what I think, that wasn't the right time or place to try to make a pass