PS4 - Formula Europe | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Formula Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014

Hi guys.

I am making this thread to gauge interest for the next season of Formula Europe. I recently received a message from Luca Flamino from F1 Italian Team that sign ups for this year's league will be begin, and the details regarding calendar etc. will be released soon.

AOR did enter last year's league, where 9 drivers raced across a 6-race long calendar. Everyone who wished to race got an opportunity to, and this is most probably the same approach we would take should we race in this season.

I understand it may be difficult to declare interest when I do not yet have the details of the season to give you. However, it will probably be a season of similar length (6 races) and the races should be 100% race distance and no assists like last year. I expect the season will begin in March but I am unsure of all these details as of yet.

I think overall the drivers enjoyed it last year apart from some rather suspect and somewhat suspicious stewarding decisions that we kept quiet about at the time, but a new transparent stewarding system would be a requirement for us to race again this year.

So, it would be great to get opinions from everyone on if we want to race in this competition again this year and also if you would personally be willing to participate. Please don't hesitate due to fear of having insufficient pace etc. as this is not an issue for us. Everyone who wishes to race would, should we decide to enter.

• Disagree
Reactions: King_Rockhammer

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
last year it was a competition with rigged stewarding and painful 100% races, but the competition was quite good as many fast drivers competed

however this year i dont see us competing here as i think that the standard of the other leagues (beside of one) isnt enough anymore to outweigh the negatives coming especially from the organizational standpoint of this event.

• Informative
Reactions: CianG-4

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
last year it was a competition with rigged stewarding and painful 100% races, but the competition was quite good as many fast drivers competed

however this year i dont see us competing here as i think that the standard of the other leagues (beside of one) isnt enough anymore to outweigh the negatives coming especially from the organizational standpoint of this event.
While I'm usually not one for making big claims like this, the stewarding was most definitely rigged as you say. It was quite disappointing to see. This is certainly grounds for us to decide against racing this year. However if there is interest from the drivers then I am open to discussing a completely new stewarding system with Luca , preferably one with an AOR member on the panel so we don't get these incredibly suspicious stewarding decisions aiding leagues with members on the stewarding panel. This is a must for me because I would not be open to competing under the same conditions again.

Having said that, if we can see if drivers would be interested in competing then I think this is an obstacle way may be able to overcome.

doordos_1150

Kubica Wannabe
Dec 17, 2017
I know I won't be involved in this but in my opinion it will probably be scripted again just as it was last season. Since it's ran by f1italianteam, the outcome of stewards decisions when they're involved is known before the announcement. I've lost respect for them straight after the eSports semi-final qualifier when they tried taking @BigC_019 win and defending magic after their multi 21 in japan costing their own driver a place and gifting magic a place in london.

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
The sign ups have started for this competition. We have a month to decide if we will participate so there is no rush. I figured we'd have all relevant details such as the race calendar and dates etc. at this point but for some strange reason we are no wiser than before.
Another concern I have is that there is no sign of a new stewarding system. On the contrary, they have stated "The race directors will always be able to decide on each corner cut or other kind of infractions". This is what caused a lot upset among last year's drivers, as we all felt that whoever the 'race directors' are gave out penalties that were suspicious in the extreme in the way they affected the results of the race. These penalties came in the form of corner cutting penalties not registered by the game, and it was at these 'race directors' discretion who they chose to penalise and what penalty they gave. If I am honest, if this is the way it is then I'm not enthusiastic about the prospect of AOR entering a team into this competition.

However, if any of you drivers would be interested in representing AOR in one or more 100% distance races with no assists then please express that interest below. If we have the numbers, we may consider entering.

Link to the rather short announcement of this year's competition -> http://www.formulaeurope.com/kunena-2015-11-10/categorylist/fe2018discussion/53-fechampionsleague-coming-for-the-third-edition-in-april-2018

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Hey guys, so i was very very critical aboit participating in this competition, but they have done a much better job then i have anticipated i nterms of competition, its no assist and they have somehow put basically all PS4 leagues that exist somewhere lol. So i'd thought maybe to check out interest in that again (i know i was the loudest one against it initially), but the competiton will be ridicolous so it might be worth a shot. The championship starts in April and i assume we need 1-2 drivers per race, maybe one bc of the sheer amount of league (now over 13 i think among them FiT, JIM, F1simu,..... ) and even a few from south america

last year we had a rotation system so everyone did only one or two races at max (its a short championship anyway) and it was 100%

I know the game is AIDS and a lot are fed up, but i think our F1 and F2 drivers are absolutely good enough to clinch the title even as this season i think we are the top of the pack in terms of pace and competition on PS4

so these Leagues/teams have signed up so far:

1) Formula Motorsport Drivers (ITA)
2) Campeonatothebestf1 (ESP)
3) F1 Simu (FRA)
4) F1 Race Championship (FRA)
5) LigaF1PS4 (POL)
6) TerritorioF1 (ARG)
7) F1Nation (ITA)
8 ) JIM Racing Team (ESP)
9) Liga On line F1 (BRA)
10) Formula italian Team (ITA)
11) F1 Spanish Team (ESP)
12) F1 Poland Team (POL)
13) F1 Legend Driver (ITA)

@RC Sam14 @dawidos_1150 @Guiggs @xTheHEaglex @TheogGR1 @99Pipmatt @Cherry2pie @GuytheGuy17 @Iceman46 @Brown
@DeAgLeKiLLeR @Ccbrain @Curly @ELIT3_gam3boy @XCaribbeanCrushX @F1_Dan @Jemzoh @Cas_0807 @Floriswijers33 @Overdykink
@alexukr @XxCarrexX06 @wooly51 @Ollie_D631 @Aressi191 @Ali Kidd @SvenZSven @CAR_MrHamilton44 @Tiziano Brioni
@Simo911@Klayyyyyy @clarky_110 @BigC_019 @Bcolt93 @HRacingGreen @Rc-Alonso44 @jake_lfc01 @JIM-NervoTank @RC Wallen @SynTeTiC96 @Alberto_222 @Jthorn97 @CianG-4 @BigshotP1ayerGR

Reactions: Klayyyyyy

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
Just to add to that. It's important to declare your interest if interested, but it would also be appreciated if people who are not interested let us know they are not. It would be good to hear from everyone on if they'd like to participate or not.

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & S14 F2 + S13 F3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
I'll race in this as long as I'm in at a strong pad track. Do we know the calendar yet? @alexukr @CianG-4

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
I'll race in this as long as I'm in at a strong pad track. Do we know the calendar yet? @alexukr @CianG-4
Yh do we have a calendar? Tbh I only think I can compete at Hungary, Silverstone and Belgium otherwise I could be embarrassed :D Also really depends on dates because of GCSE’s

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
if Bahrain is on the calendar like last time i would race this, or Belgium/italy

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Hey guys, so i was very very critical aboit participating in this competition, but they have done a much better job then i have anticipated i nterms of competition, its no assist and they have somehow put basically all PS4 leagues that exist somewhere lol. So i'd thought maybe to check out interest in that again (i know i was the loudest one against it initially), but the competiton will be ridicolous so it might be worth a shot. The championship starts in April and i assume we need 1-2 drivers per race, maybe one bc of the sheer amount of league (now over 13 i think among them FiT, JIM, F1simu,..... ) and even a few from south america

last year we had a rotation system so everyone did only one or two races at max (its a short championship anyway) and it was 100%

I know the game is AIDS and a lot are fed up, but i think our F1 and F2 drivers are absolutely good enough to clinch the title even as this season i think we are the top of the pack in terms of pace and competition on PS4

so these Leagues/teams have signed up so far:

1) Formula Motorsport Drivers (ITA)
2) Campeonatothebestf1 (ESP)
3) F1 Simu (FRA)
4) F1 Race Championship (FRA)
5) LigaF1PS4 (POL)
6) TerritorioF1 (ARG)
7) F1Nation (ITA)
8 ) JIM Racing Team (ESP)
9) Liga On line F1 (BRA)
10) Formula italian Team (ITA)
11) F1 Spanish Team (ESP)
12) F1 Poland Team (POL)
13) F1 Legend Driver (ITA)

@RC Sam14 @dawidos_1150 @Guiggs @xTheHEaglex @TheogGR1 @99Pipmatt @Cherry2pie @GuytheGuy17 @Iceman46 @Brown
@DeAgLeKiLLeR @Ccbrain @Curly @ELIT3_gam3boy @XCaribbeanCrushX @F1_Dan @Jemzoh @Cas_0807 @Floriswijers33 @Overdykink
@alexukr @XxCarrexX06 @wooly51 @Ollie_D631 @Aressi191 @Ali Kidd @SvenZSven @CAR_MrHamilton44 @Tiziano Brioni
@Simo911@Klayyyyyy @clarky_110 @BigC_019 @Bcolt93 @HRacingGreen @Rc-Alonso44 @jake_lfc01 @JIM-NervoTank @RC Wallen @SynTeTiC96 @Alberto_222 @Jthorn97 @CianG-4 @BigshotP1ayerGR
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Kys

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & S14 F2 + S13 F3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
I'd like China/Austria. Bahrain or Italy would be fine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.