Formula Renault 3.5 Championship - Round 5 Phillip Island - Christoph Holstein | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Formula Renault 3.5 Championship - Round 5 Phillip Island - Christoph Holstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Delisle

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2018
Feature race, lap 1, turn 4

Christoph and I were side by side on the entry to turn 4, I stayed as far to the inside as I possibly could. Christoph turns to the inside and leaves much less than a car's width for me, eventually leading to contact. There was netcode involved as our cars didn't actually touch, but you can see from the far chase cam video that he was very clearly pinching me and we would have touched a moment later regardless of netcode. This caused me to spin and ruined a number of people's races. It's not the first time Christoph has taken me out of a race, the first time he apologised and I moved on without protesting, but for this to keep happening is unacceptable.

Videos (my car in the pink):

Thanks

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Sorry for the very late reply.

I definitely could have left more room and did less than I wanted to. It was hard for me to judge where Tim exactly was as I didn't expect a move into the corner initially. Once I saw his car on my screen again I immediately made an adjustment to the left hand side of the corner. In my opinion the contact wouldn't have happened without netcode, that's where I definitely disagree.
It's not the first time Christoph has taken me out of a race, the first time he apologised and I moved on without protesting, but for this to keep happening is unacceptable.
This is also irrelevant, you could have made an enquiry back then and I clearly would have been given some kind of penalty as it was a genuine misjudgment on my side, I don't know why you didn't open one.

Tim Delisle

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2018
I wasn't actually attempting a move there at first, but being the only one without a car in front I guess I had a lot more room to brake. I was ahead at the point the contact was made and the spotter should have alerted you much earlier than that. The only reason we hadn't already made contact was because I was so far over the kerb, so if you couldn't see me you were leaving a very small space considering most people try to avoid that kerb and would have more of their car on the track.

I didn't open an enquiry for the first incident because I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt after your acknowledgement and apology, everyone makes mistakes. This was the second time though, and when I asked you about it in the session you ignored me, so it was much harder to give you the benefit of the doubt this time. I don't know if a punishment will be given or not, but I felt it was worth addressing anyway. Hope there's no resentment between us and we can still race against each other.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Sorry for the delay. This all slipped my mind in a relatively chaotic week for me and then I just forgot. That's my fault.

The stewards have decided to give @Ycoms a pit-lane stop penalty. I assume you know how that works as it's the same penalty as in GTE.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.