PS4 - G40JL - Evaluation Race #3 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 G40JL - Evaluation Race #3

Phoenix_

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Q3
R6

So many freaking mistakes, and some race incidents. I hope the actual competition will be better.
In our lobby the formation lap was fine, everything went well.

As for the race: after spinning when in 3rd, I found myself mid pack, and that's a tragedy. It's so hard to overtake that a lot of time is lost behind cars.
Race incident with Wallgren and Nick, but it was not intentional and it's all good.
Just glad this race is over, tbh. Good learning experience!

Phoenix_

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Absolutely ! Its pants and cost me atleast 35 secs with 3 wide off track moments . I had to slow to 10mph and nearly stop x3 - Absolutely its ruining the racing and is far to unrealistic and unreasonable Imo. Dont like it at all .
In the GT3's I felt it worked well, but here it's ridiculous. To not get a 1 second penalty, I spent 5 seconds slowing down and waiting for the Slow Down message to go away.

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Q3
R6

So many freaking mistakes, and some race incidents. I hope the actual competition will be better.
In our lobby the formation lap was fine, everything went well.

As for the race: after spinning when in 3rd, I found myself mid pack, and that's a tragedy. It's so hard to overtake that a lot of time is lost behind cars.
Race incident with Wallgren and Nick, but it was not intentional and it's all good.
Just glad this race is over, tbh. Good learning experience!
Have I just been in a totally different race to you 65- 70 max on the formation lap . I saw 80 - 90 mph - Totally unacceptable . It was like a race lap, crazy stuff .

Phoenix_

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Have I just been in a totally different race to you 65- 70 max on the formation lap . I saw 80 - 90 mph - Totally unacceptable . It was like a race lap, crazy stuff .
Oh, I'm in km/h, no idea about mph :D I was in 3rd and I never felt the front guy was pushing too hard. And he did the formation where instructed, and floored it almost at the starting line. I'm sorry it didn't work out further back.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
In the GT3's I felt it worked well, but here it's ridiculous. To not get a 1 second penalty, I spent 5 seconds slowing down and waiting for the Slow Down message to go away.
I think one of the problems is the penaltys ain't class specific. In faster cars they go quite quick but in the slower cars they seem to linger for an eternity.

• Agree
Reactions: FOGGY #7

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Formation lap seemed perfect pace to me.

In the end the penalty system (I got a penalty when wallgren pushed me accidentally) and a collision with @pete day ruined my race. I really don't understand why we do not do standing starts in race 1. They're easier and that's what they do in real life.

Oh well could've got top 6 but it was still a decent race

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
Q:7
R:5

About where I expected in quart but got a one place grid penalty as I forgot which button was my pit limiter!

Race went well and had a few small battles and was surprised to get a 5th place finish, helped by someone’s 35 second penalty!

• Surprised
Reactions: NICK-NITRO

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
Q:4
R:3

I never went over 110 km/h during the formation lap so imo there was nothing wrong.
The big difference in comparison with GT3 is that when gaps are created during the formation lap it will be a lot harder to close these gaps because obviously the Ginetta is a lot less powerful car.

With regards to the penalties (I had to slow down twice myself). From the moment you even think you're gonna get a penalty lift off throttle, the slow down time will be a lot less.

Overall good race and congrats to @Carlw1986 , prolly the man to beat in the competition.

• Agree
Reactions: NICK-NITRO

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Someone crashed on the formation lap though. Even in a rolling start I still gained 5 places so good to see my trademark skill still there.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Q:7
R:5

About where I expected in quart but got a one place grid penalty as I forgot which button was my pit limiter!

Race went well and had a few small battles and was surprised to get a 5th place finish, helped by someone’s 35 second penalty!
Wow 35sec! I know it's only an evaluation race but your race craft and how you adder to the rules of the track are under scrutiny too . Anything over 4secs I would class as excessive. But 35 :eek:

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Wow 35sec! I know it's only an evaluation race but your race craft and how you adder to the rules of the track are under scrutiny too . Anything over 4secs I would class as excessive. But 35 :eek:
Yeah was following behind them in third. Didn’t seem bothered by track limits or slowing down for penalties. Didn’t mind too much though bumped me up a spot to second.

InFinityzzHD

PS4 Triple Crown 2018 Indy 500 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Btw what the hell happend with the start, i was looking in my rear mirror saw someone spinning.. so far I know, i was doing like 135 sometimes on the formation lap, had to floor it to keep up with guy in front

uptown8217

Pro Karter
Jan 2, 2018
I will throw in my two cents on the pens, I did get hit for :35 seconds when I trying to make sure the faster cars could get by without incident. I know my penalty is not on matter in this race but a little harsh when “sportsmanship” is coming into play. I could have been a pain, stayed in the racing line and made things difficult, but no need for that.

Reactions: FOGGY #7

nezehran

F1 Test Driver
Oct 2, 2017
I am struggling to see where there was a 1:35 out on there but that was some fancy driving. I hope I stayed out of the way of all the faster traffic, I know on driver hit me as he was trying to pass, I was on the curb out of the driving line I thought if not sorry again.
It’s okay :) I didn’t loose that much time hehe ! But I did a 1.34.0 lap after :)

nezehran

F1 Test Driver
Oct 2, 2017
Fun thing is that I didn’t get a slowdown warning or anything. Had 2 sec penalty and then all of a sudden I had 35 without any warnings hahaha I slowed down for all of my warnings but when I did t get one a get a 33sec penalty great game

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Please Note that 65/70 mph is the Maximum speed for the Formation Lap *

I did misread this as I thought it was 75mph but I kept at 40mph for a good 30 seconds in the formation zone, if you ain’t in line how is that my fault?