PS4 - G40JL - Evaluation Race #3 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 G40JL - Evaluation Race #3

Carlw1986

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 12, 2016
Lol some 75 mph that was I thought the race had started the way you was flying off even I had too start driving at full speed too keep up with you and you had people at the back crashing because off it so it was all your fault so don't blame other people

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I really don't understand why we do not do standing starts in race 1. They're easier and that's what they do in real life.
We went for rolling starts a while back after a number of lag starts where some people get the green before others.

• Agree
Reactions: FOGGY #7

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
I think we should lower the the speed in the first part of the formation lap for the Ginetta series.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
We went for rolling starts a while back after a number of lag starts where some people get the green before others.
Did we actually have that problem on PS4. I was a cod when we were discussing the change to rolling starts and I remember it was mostly PC guys with the problem.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Did we actually have that problem on PS4. I was a cod when we were discussing the change to rolling starts and I remember it was mostly PC guys with the problem.
More problems on PC than PS4. But wee wanted to have the rules as similair as possible between platforms which is why we have the rolling start on all platforms :)
But we can set up some socials to test the standing start and see how it works!

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
More problems on PC than PS4. But wee wanted to have the rules as similair as possible between platforms which is why we have the rolling start on all platforms :)
But we can set up some socials to test the standing start and see how it works!
Yeah I like rolling GT3 starts (I think I may have been the person who suggested them at first) but in GJ it makes no sense.

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Yeah I like rolling GT3 starts (I think I may have been the person who suggested them at first) but in GJ it makes no sense.
It kinda make sense because the acceleration in the Ginette is...not fast :p

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Please Note that 65/70 mph is the Maximum speed for the Formation Lap *

I did misread this as I thought it was 75mph but I kept at 40mph for a good 30 seconds in the formation zone, if you ain’t in line how is that my fault?
Wrong ! You been doing Man Rolling starts long enough to know how important it is to keep the Train nice and tight - The pole guy has that responsibility ! Racers were still at the Top end of the Circuit by the time you reached the formation Zone - You should of started to back the Field up way before you sped to the formation Point. You should know better ! There was Huge gaps which meant me starting from P7 was practically at full speed Race lap just trying to keep pace with formation lap - Poorly Executed and thought you could of done alot better here Super !

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Wrong ! You been doing Man Rolling starts long enough to know how important it is to keep the Train nice and tight - The pole guy has that responsibility ! Racers were still at the Top end of the Circuit by the time you reached the formation Zone - You should of started to back the Field up way before you sped to the formation Point. You should know better ! There was Huge gaps which meant me starting from P7 was practically at full speed Race lap just trying to keep pace with formation lap - Poorly Executed and thought you could of done alot better here Super !
Tbh Foggy I think you're on your own here. I was a little surprised by how slow the pace was. I think the most important thing is that no-one accelerates between the formation and acceleration zones.

pete day

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
i did enjoy that race apart from the start but o well here is am video of it all to busy to edit video

Reactions: FOGGY #7

FOGGY #7

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Tbh Foggy I think you're on your own here. I was a little surprised by how slow the pace was. I think the most important thing is that no-one accelerates between the formation and acceleration zones.
Half the field - Top 5 or 6 yep . But the other half was very spread out and was struggling to keep pace, ive done countless Man rolling starts and Imo was one of the bad ones - anyhow its History now but will be keeping a beedy eye on this, once the Season starts ! ;)

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
When it comes to formation lap:
To me it seems quite clear that the guys followed the speed we have set, but the speed is a bit fast which create the gaps. We will most likely adjust the speed on formation lap before the season starts and hopefully this will make things better :)

• Agree
Reactions: Alex Varic

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Half the field - Top 5 or 6 yep . But the other half was very spread out and was struggling to keep pace, ive done countless Man rolling starts and Imo was one of the bad ones - anyhow its History now but will be keeping a beedy eye on this, once the Season starts ! ;)
I was at the back and I kept up easily

FOGGY #7

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
I was at the back and I kept up easily
Look m8 I tested this and thats why I set the speed to 65- 70 max for formation lap- if people cant be arsed to check the race thread and not notice this , we got more problems to deal with. All I can do is to make sure these races run as smoothly as possible, but if people dont notice the basic requirements to race , we are going to be P***ing in the wind - till people start taking note of their race surroundings .

Last edited:

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Q 1st don't know how to say I only got the game yesterday and had a hr practice

R 4th (3rd after pens) the formation lap I had to scramble in the forums to double check the procedure and looks I slightly misread it as I was going at roughly 40mph all the way through to the acceleration zone so hope it wasn't too bad then after that had a few decent battles along the race but too many mistakes with off tracks

Reactions: Mhill and FOGGY #7

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q 1st don't know how to say I only got the game yesterday and had a hr practice

R 4th (3rd after pens) the formation lap I had to scramble in the forums to double check the procedure and looks I slightly misread it as I was going at roughly 40mph all the way through to the acceleration zone so hope it wasn't too bad then after that had a few decent battles along the race but too many mistakes with off tracks
No problems with the formation lap, everybody could warm their tyres and brakes plus that the field was nicely packed at start (y)

Reactions: joshualuke1993

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Wrong again, that was only my 3rd time doing a rolling start, and the first time i had led one, i was at most 5mph over the speed limit set, to me that aint a biggie. And tbh i slowed down before the formation point to 40mph, Rephrase the rules next time because all i see there is i can do up to 70mph.