Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@YabbaTheHutt how about this to make it simpler
If you get a penalty for avoiding an incident=penalty remove
If you get a penalty and fully lift off for 3-5 seconds=Penalty removed
If you get a penalty and do not lift off=Penalty changed to up to 5 seconds(if you got given 1 second it stays at 1 second) for each penalty awarded(eg fail to lift off twice=10 second penalty).
Pretty much what we're doing ;)
Isn't the first penalty for cutting/extending the track only a couple of seconds and the second penalty a big one (like the 30 seconds)
If the game gives me a warning to slow down I let go of the throttle until the warning dissapears. Should this not be the general rule for extending the track?
The problem is that drivers get 30 seconds added the first time. Yhe sytem in the game is going on what you do with the throttle. If you go wide with any throttle, tou'll get a penalty (slow down). The problem really comes when a driver thinks he is on track and keep the foot down, then the game give them the +30 seconds penalty. And no driver can make up 30 seconds in one corner by going wide (unless they skip a part of the track). To add to the problem, the camera angles seems to misguide drivers a little as to when he thinks he's on track and when he really is off track. You can look at this with the help of the in game replay. Drive through a corner and etsimate how close you are to the limit, then watch the replay and change camera to catch (3rd person) and you will see that it doesn't line up perfectly.

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017

The problem is that drivers get 30 seconds added the first time. Yhe sytem in the game is going on what you do with the throttle. If you go wide with any throttle, tou'll get a penalty (slow down). The problem really comes when a driver thinks he is on track and keep the foot down, then the game give them the +30 seconds penalty. And no driver can make up 30 seconds in one corner by going wide (unless they skip a part of the track). To add to the problem, the camera angles seems to misguide drivers a little as to when he thinks he's on track and when he really is off track. You can look at this with the help of the in game replay. Drive through a corner and etsimate how close you are to the limit, then watch the replay and change camera to catch (3rd person) and you will see that it doesn't line up perfectly.
Of course a 30 second penalty is to much for extending or cutting one corner, but I do think it would be good if penalties get more severe of you do it more then once. But not to 30 seconds of course.
And I didn't know about the camera angles problem, always play with chase camera because in cockpit view I keep on missing my braking points

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
And I didn't know about the camera angles problem, always play with chase camera because in cockpit view I keep on missing my braking points
There is a difference and it's the same in the F1 game, something you have to learn if you're using any other cam than the chase ;)

Phoenix_

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017

The game doesn't give anyone 30 seconds, unless you disrespect the slow down warning. If I recall, in iracing you just get black flagged if you don't respect it.

I do understand the rules better now and will take it into account in the upcoming races. Thank you @YabbaTheHutt.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@YabbaTheHutt will the results be changed today from the stewards decision before the championship league reverse grid post?
There are a few stewards decisions (most of them are time penalties) to be made before the results from the Pro tier can be changed. I'm sure they will be handled this day and we can change the results tonight :)

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Leave the penalties for extending to stand, it is the same for every driver, you do have a choice stay on the track or lift when instructed a sufficient amount to not get a penalty, this is a joke. Three races I have done and I have had no penalties or warnings, it slows me down of course but I drive to the rules..... :angelic::angelic::angelic: Watching some of the replays in the stewards drivers are not lifting enough ( my team mate is of course exempt ) Whats good for the goose though???

Obviously this does not include avoiding accidents or getting knocked off.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Driver update Semi-Pro:
Unfortanally I have been informed by @Jolly76 that he has to retire due to being given the chance to commentate in various leagues together with him driving the F1 series. So he simply don't have enough time for the Ginetta. Best of luck and I hope to race you again in the future :)

And I also have to announce that I have to retire from the Ginetta league... This because of work. I took a bit of a gamble signing up as I already knew that there would be a lot of work up to the summer holiday. But after a work meeting on Friday it is now clear that racing on weekdays is more or less impossible. I can get home in time but it's gonna be tight and I will be very tired and hungry, I will simply not have the energy needed to race (and no time to practise). I will stay on and coordinate the Semi-Pro's, so you want get rid of me fully ;)

I have asked @DeuxMilles to step up as full time host.
@Wimstradamus will hopefully help me getting the results but I would appreciate that more drivers try to save them as well (y)

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I might be late tonight because my grandma is in the hospital :(
Thats not good news...hope she will leave the hospital soon in good health.
Should I host the game for tonight?

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
First of all I deeply appologise to the Semi-Pro drivers that the results took for ever this week :sorry: Was one of those weeks at work again...

The first season of the Ginetta G40 Junior has come to an end. Overall it was a good season and the racing was as close as we have hoped, thanks to good drivers and using default setup. We would have hoped that we could have done the season with random weather and then there where the issue with the track limits. Random weather should be possible now that patch 4 is out and we've learned to make it more clear to everyone (including us)regarding the track limits. Please give us any feedback if you have any (y)

The championship podiums:
Elite: Winner is @The_Kaiser-MSc 1 (one) point in front of @KrypticTMG in 2nd and @Phoenix_ taking 3rd.
Pro: Runaway winner is @Big-Kid-Daddy over @joshualuke1993 in 2nd with @AOR Davidben finishing 3rd.
Semi-Pro: Winner is @Anthony VR46 ahead of @DeuxMilles with @NumptyNed being 3rd.

Big congratulations to all podium drivers, well done!

And a big Thank You to all of you for taking part in this league :D

@C-FOGARTY @NICK-NITRO @Michel--NL @mpc-v1 @YabbaTheHutt