XB1 GP2 Press Area

Will it rain in Russia?

• Total voters

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
GP2 Press Area S120001.png

Welcome to the GP2 Press are were myself @The Genius & @t3hmightymidg3t will be bringing you content based on the leagues. This will be a weekly thing so please leave a like as this can be very time consuming!
interviews0000.png

@The Genius Will be doing the podium interviews and pre-race interviews after every race weekend. So watch out you might be questioned or asked to do a shoei :D!
previews0000.png

@t3hmightymidg3t Will be bringing you race previews and a gossip column weekly. So you can keep an eye on what the other teams are doing outside of the track and what to expect from the upcoming race.
Untitled-10000.png

I will be doing an in depth analysis of the race weekends. Basically a race report of what happened and when so send me messages if you would like me include your clips or your thoughts on the action.

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
GP2 Season 12: Race 1 - Australia

Race Preview

Albert Park, Melbourne
Australia
16 Corners
2 RDS Zones
Circuit Length - 5.30km
Lap Record - AOR F1 Season 3 - F Alonso - 1.22.042

Hello everyone, welcome to a brand new season on AOR, a full 21 race calendar on our hands here this season, but for today were just focusing on the 1, that being round 1, here in Australia

The Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit is a street circuit around Albert Park Lake, only a few kilometres south of central Melbourne. It is used annually as a racetrack for the Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix, V8 Supercars Challenge and associated support races. The circuit has an FIA Grade 1 license. In spite of being a circuit on public roads it has characteristics of a natural road course considering it being fast and flowing combined with extensive runoff in many corners.

Turn 1 & 2 - Jones & Brabham

getting a good run out of the last turn in Melbourne is crucial to a good lap, as you approach turn 1 at around 320kph, you want to be braking at around the 100m board (if its still there and anyone hasnt knocked it over) braking down to either 4th or 3rd gear and just lightly clipping the apex, 2 wheels on the kerb is enough, any further in and the lap will not count, apex speeds are around 150kph, before lightly getting onto the power, you dont want to over do it, especially in the wet, you also dont want to stay on the astro-grass too long as it will hamper your exit towards turn 3.

Turn 3 - Whiteford

As you build up speed to 7th or 8th gear, once again you want to be braking at the 100m board, you can brake later but risk locking up the fronts and taking an early trip to the gravel, reaching speeds of up to 310kph, this is a prime overtaking spot because of the 2 DRS zones both before and on the run up to T3, watch out for any divebombs or late lunges into Turn 3, they might catch you out ;) Apex speeds are around 95kph and taken in 2nd gear

Turns 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8

(All these corners are unamed so i might as well include them to finish of Sector 1)

After heading through turn 2, its a relatively short and brief run towards turn 4, after the exit of turn 2 you want to put yourself as far to the right as possible to get a good run through turn 4, usually taken in 3rd gear with apex speeds of just 140kph (Side Note: y'all are driving through a car park at turn 4), after another brief run towards turn 5 its usually flat out, although some drivers like to let off the throttle to avoid running wide onto the grass and possibly ending up in the barrier, turn 5 is taken at 235kph, and trust me...its not a place you want to go side by side with, Turn 6 is apparently that little kink before the end of Sector 1, dont ask me why its a corner, it just is...its taken flat out ofcourse. Turn 7 is the very end of Sector 1, braking from 7th gear down to either 2nd or 3rd gear, the same rule applies to turn 7 as to turn 1, the most you can get away with is on the kerb, be careful on exit though, dont want to stay on the astrograss, or even the grass for that matter, apex speeds are usually around 140kph, turn 8 is flat out and taken at 285kph, nothing much more to say about turn 8.

Turns 9, 10, 11 & 12

Turn 9 is another hard braking zone from 7th gear down to either 2nd or 3rd, apex speeds are around 115kph, before being briefly followed up by turn 10, this sequence of corners has the exact same effect as Turns 1, 2 & Turns 7 & 8 have, apex speeds are around 130kph...then heading down the long sweeping left hander before coming to the famous Turns of 11 & 12, possibly everyones favourite, entry speeds are at 300kph, before braking from 8th down to 5th or 6th gear, after turning in for T11, and the car is straight, flick it right to take turn 12 in the best fashion possible, but be careful though, and wheels on the astrograss or the grass will result in a spin, and possibly a trip to the barriers as we have seen in the past, this can be race ending.

Turn 13, 14, 15 & 16

Completing the lap with the last sector which are relatively slow, after the run out of turn 12, braking again at the 100m board from either 7th or 8th down to 3rd gear or 4th gear, brake too late however and is another trip to the gravel trap, better bring some lotion and a towel cause you might be there for a while, apex speed for turn 13 is around 135kph, a short squirt of power sees the drivers build up to 5th gear before either letting off the throttle or switching down to 4th gear, dont run too wide tho, as another gravel trap awaits for anyone who runs wide, apex speeds are at 185kph, before another squirt of power to the penultimate and slowest corner on the track, braking from either 5th or 6th down to 2nd gear, taken at just 85kph, before slowly building up speed again to 3rd and 4th gear for the final turn, running too wide here will probably result in a fan taking home a wheel tether home as a trophy.

repeat these steps around 28 more times and it should result in some good points for both you and your team.

thats about it from me today, ill see you guys down on the track for qualifying at 8pm

Gossip Week 1 should be out on either next Tuesday or Wednesday

lets make this first race a good one shall we?

-Midg3t

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Gossip Week Issue 1

Merecedes and Sauber looking strong

First race is now over and done with, and it seems that there are 2 emerging constructors battlers in the form of Mercedes and Sauber, of course last year at this point it was Ferrari and Sauber who were looking like Constructor favourites, but this time the silver arrows have taken over, recording a 1-3 finish, compared to Sauber's 2-4 finish, however this only the first race of the season, and as we all know things can change dramatically in 1 grand prix

At the other end of the spectrum

It was a poor showing from both Williams, Renault and Manor cars as they all failed to score points, allowing newboys Haas to get a slight lead over them heading into Bahrain, the worst culprit out of this was Renault, who didnt even manage to get a car into qualifying let alone the grid, also after qualifying 3rd and 6th on the grid, Manor fell way off the pace and ultimately ended up with a DNF and an 18th place to show for it.

Rivalry brewing already?

vs
In this 'new' rivalry that is emerging @StubbornGymnast and @The Genius seem to be in a disagreement with eachother, we dont know what its about, we dont know what its for, or maybe its just good old fashioned banter between them, who knows maybe its a Belgium and Danish thing ;)

And thats it for week 1, this will be posted up each week on a Thurdsay afternoon GMT time

See you guys in the Desert of Bahrain ;)

-Midg3t

Finch

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Round 1: Australian Grand Prix
F1 2016 S12 Race Banner - Australia_zpstnmvsalb.png

Qualifying -
In Quali it was an oustanding performance by @Jorden Bicknell to put it on pole by just less than 2 tenths of a second. Closely behind was the Frenchman @RC Hayasa and to round off the top 3 @Jack Carr Riley placed his car 7 thousandths ahead of @IcemanFR .
XB1 F1 2016 Season 12 - Tier 2 Results - Google Sheets - Google Chrome 06_10_2016 22_48_58 (2).png

Race -
As the lights went out it was a good start from most of the grid and the order of the top 5 stayed the same after @Jack Carr Riley had a mechanical failure on the grid forcing him to retire from the race. The first stint was a challenge for most with some people pitting as early as lap 4. Whilst others managed to stretch their super softs to lap 8 which was the perfect lap to stop on if you wanted to do SS - S - SS. The leaders needed to keep an eye out for the 1 stoppers which consisted of @AOR BiGGzY96 and @The Genius . By the time the 1 stoppers came into the pits the order looked like this:
1. @Finch
SS
2. @RC Hayasa S
3. @Taylor Reynolds S
4. @IcemanFR S

Finch went for SS to SS then onto S for the final stint which meant he would have track position come the end but the cars behind would be on fresher tyres. The top 4 still needed to watch out for the ever more likely winner @AOR BiGGzY96 as his strategy looked like it was the fastest doing 1 less stop than the front runners. By lap 20 the top 4 had pitted and @AOR BiGGzY96 had a 5 second gap to @t3hmightymidg3t who was going to pit very soon then in 3rd was @Finch another 10 seconds behind on fresh soft tyres with the charging Saubers hunting him down on Super Softs. By lap 25 the win was looking more likely for the Mercedes driver but would the Mercs dominate and get a 1-2? @RC Hayasa had other ideas and started setting fastest laps whilst his teammate @IcemanFR followed closely behind. On lap 26 both Saubers past the struggling Mercedes of @Finch and was in a 2-3 situation only 7 seconds behind the other merc of @AOR BiGGzY96 . As we approached the final lap there was only one winner and that would be the Mercedes driver but who would finish 3rd after @IcemanFR recived another penalty on the final lap @Finch needed to get within 3 seconds of him as they crossed the line the gap was 0.042 in @Finch 's favour. The Saubers didn't manage to take an early lead in the constructors but the Mercedes did. A great drive from @AOR BiGGzY96 earn't him the taste of champagne on his lips after an enthralling 29 laps of constant action.
XB1 F1 2016 Season 12 - Tier 2 Results - Google Sheets - Google Chrome 06_10_2016 22_48_58.png

Well done to everyone who finished and to those who didn't better luck next time ;)

- Finch :)

Taylor Reynolds

F1 Race Winner
Apr 14, 2014
Round 1: Australian Grand Prix
View attachment 13078
Qualifying -
In Quali it was an oustanding performance by @Jorden Bicknell to put it on pole by just less than 2 tenths of a second. Closely behind was the Frenchman @RC Hayasa and to round off the top 3 @Jack Carr Riley placed his car 7 thousandths ahead of @IcemanFR .
View attachment 13079
Race -
As the lights went out it was a good start from most of the grid and the order of the top 5 stayed the same after @Jack Carr Riley had a mechanical failure on the grid forcing him to retire from the race. The first stint was a challenge for most with some people pitting as early as lap 4. Whilst others managed to stretch their super softs to lap 8 which was the perfect lap to stop on if you wanted to do SS - S - SS. The leaders needed to keep an eye out for the 1 stoppers which consisted of @AOR BiGGzY96 and @The Genius . By the time the 1 stoppers came into the pits the order looked like this:
1. @Finch
SS
2. @RC Hayasa S
3. @Taylor Reynolds S
4. @IcemanFR S

Finch went for SS to SS then onto S for the final stint which meant he would have track position come the end but the cars behind would be on fresher tyres. The top 4 still needed to watch out for the ever more likely winner @AOR BiGGzY96 as his strategy looked like it was the fastest doing 1 less stop than the front runners. By lap 20 the top 4 had pitted and @AOR BiGGzY96 had a 5 second gap to @t3hmightymidg3t who was going to pit very soon then in 3rd was @Finch another 10 seconds behind on fresh soft tyres with the charging Saubers hunting him down on Super Softs. By lap 25 the win was looking more likely for the Mercedes driver but would the Mercs dominate and get a 1-2? @RC Hayasa had other ideas and started setting fastest laps whilst his teammate @IcemanFR followed closely behind. On lap 26 both Saubers past the struggling Mercedes of @Finch and was in a 2-3 situation only 7 seconds behind the other merc of @AOR BiGGzY96 . As we approached the final lap there was only one winner and that would be the Mercedes driver but who would finish 3rd after @IcemanFR recived another penalty on the final lap @Finch needed to get within 3 seconds of him as they crossed the line the gap was 0.042 in @Finch 's favour. The Saubers didn't manage to take an early lead in the constructors but the Mercedes did. A great drive from @AOR BiGGzY96 earn't him the taste of champagne on his lips after an enthralling 29 laps of constant action.
View attachment 13081

Well done to everyone who finished and to those who didn't better luck next time ;)

- Finch :)
At least I set the fastest lap, something to come away with at least. Still haven't received my trophy from DHL yet tough...

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014

Hello everybody what a race that was! The first race of the season has come to an end and we have already seen crashes and mixed strategies. But now let us focus on the podium finishers here at Melbourne!

@AOR BiGGzY96! First win of the season! How does it feel?

First win feels amazing mate, hopefully the first of many!

You started quite far back in this race, was it any issue in qualifying?

Qualifying went exactly to plan, I qualified higher than I expected for the one-stop strategy I was planning so I was happy.

So both you and your team mate did well around here and will this be the start of a season long battle between you?

@Finch is a great driver, he is young and he is quick so I will definitely be looking in my rear mirrors a lot this season and possibly his gearbox as well.

Fantastic, congratulations and we will now move on to the French driver of @RC Hayasa.

This was a good first race for you in this league finishing second. How will you build on that?

I think the first race I was able to discover the qualities of the car and also to know the level of my opponents this season.

You and your team mate had both solid races, will you be able to beat Mercedes?

It depends on which circuit but with our potential we will be able to the battrent.

What was missing this race for you to have that little extra to beat Biggzy?

I think it was the strategy and how he managed to manage his race.

Well merci and to the 3rd place man the Brit @Finch.

Podium in your first race, could hardly be better?

In hindsight no it couldn't be better after I bottled my first quali lap so yeah it was a good result in the end because I needed to change strategy.

Your team mate had the edge of you this weekend but will it be the same in Bahrain?

I'm lucky to have a strong team mate so I'm not to bothered when I get beaten by him but obviously I want the edge over him so I will do my best to end up on top.

I am sure you will try but you are now leading the constructor's championship but Sauber is looking strong. Will you and Biggzy hold them off?

As I said Biggzy is a great driver if we get consistent top 5 finishes I don't see why not.

It will most certainly be an interesting battle ahead.

Finally coming back to you, Biggzy, what will the chances look like for you going into Bahrain?

Not exactly planning on winning, I love Bahrain but it's not a particularly strong track for me, a top 5 would be lovely.

Thank you guys so much for your time and the show you put on for us today! We will be back with the Bahrain race preview by @t3hmightymidg3t before the next race. Stay tuned!:stig:

- The Genius

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014

AOR GP2 Season 12: Race 2 - Bahrain

Sakhir International Circuit
Sakhir, Bahrain
15 Corners
2 RDS Zones
Circuit Length - 5.41km
Lap Record - AOR F1 Season 10 - Cryo Lockdown - 1.30.673

Welcome everyone to the Desert Circuit, and first night race of the season here in Bahrain, the track is a long and ambigous one, with lots of sweeping corners, as well as a total of 4 long straights, which should help overtaking, especially into turns 1, 4 & 15

lets go through the track shall we?

The drivers begin their lap, cycling through the gears down the 1km start/finish straight

Turn 1
As the drivers approch T1, they are hitting 330kph, brakng aroun the 150m barrier, down to 2nd gear, with an apex speed of just 70kph...this is one of the best opportunities for overtaking at Bahrain, as you dont get very many of them, outbraking a driver could lead to and extra position, or in a flat spotted tyre

Turn 2
Exiting T1, and onto the kink at T2, taken in either 3rd or 4th gear, has seen some incredible side-by-side moments, and some other moments some drivers would rather forget about, taken almost flat out, with the possibility of a lift off the accelerator, this corner is usually just a one lined corner, but i has been seen before that drivers can go side-by-side, apex speeds are around 145kph

Turn 3
This is literally just a kink, flat out...moving on

Turn 4
Another great overtaking spot is turn 4, exiting T3, the drivers build up to 300kph...this is a good overtaking spot if you've been passed at T1/T2, with an apex speed of around 120kph

Turn 5, 6 & 7
The next sequence of sweeping downhill bends, that signal the end of sector 1, with Turn 5 taken at 250kph, turn 6 at 190kph and turn 7 at 250kph, this sequence really tests the aerodynamics of the car, where passing is almost impossible, but side-by-side moments are ;)

Turn 8
Taken at just 80kph and one of the slowest corners on the track, drivers should be cautious at this turn as divebombs are almost always going to happen

Turn 9 & 10
A short squeeze on the power and towards the tricky section of Turns 9 & 10, a front lockup is almost inevitable, and running wide has happened way too often in races, if you stick behind someone and possibly pressurise them into making a mistake into this section, that is pretty much a free position for you

Turn 11
Another big braking zone coming off the 2nd DRS zone, shifting down to either 3rd or 4th gear, be careful not to run too wide, as a wheel on the kerb or even the dust, can catch out even the most experienced drivers on the grid

Turn 12
Pretty much flat out in either 6th or 7th gear, be careful not to run too wide, as A- you'll pick up dust on your tyres and B- you'll have your lap inavlidated...enjoy :)

Turn 13
Immediately after Turn 12, this is a good opportunity to size up either an overtake into the last turn(s) or to stick behind them and grab a DRS/Slipstream tow down the start finish straight

Turn 14/15

Apparently there are 2 corners here, anyways, this is the final corner on the circuit, and its still pretty tricky, jump over the kerb on the apex, and you can kiss your laptime goodbye, running wide here will lose you grip on your tyres and will lose any momentum you though you had

And thats a lap of Bahrain

enjoy it tonight everyone

-Midg3t

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
GP2 Grill The Grid w/ @UrBaNz Octane x

Hello everyone, welcome to a new segment on the Press Area, Grill the Grid...if you dont know what this is all about, basically a driver is chosen at random almost each week to test their general knowledge on either their AOR stats and results, or possibly on their teamates etc etc

this weekend heading into the Chinese GP weve picked Mclaren's 2nd driver @UrBaNz Octane x

here were his questions he was asked

1. How many drivers that race in GP2 right now, have raced against you in GT3?

A. 4
B. 7
4. 9

@UrBaNz Octane x : 7! I think!?

Correct, the drivers you have raced against in both GP2 and GT3 are @Finch , @SF Schumri , @The Genius , @JordanMcGonigal , @t3hmightymidg3t , @Smithycity99 & @StubbornGymnast

2. Where was Mclarens last win in GP2 at?

A. Germany
B. Australia
C. Japan

@UrBaNz Octane x : For honda's sake I'm going to say Japan

Correct again, the last Mclaren winner was last season in GP2 when @StubbornGymnast took the victory on Honda's home soil

3. How many current drivers in GP2 (excluding Season 12 have raced in a Mclaren before?

A. 3
B. 6
C. 9

@UrBaNz Octane x : 6?

Yup, those drivers being @StubbornGymnast , @t3hmightymidg3t , @LC SPEED DEMON , @NillisLukins , @Taylor Reynolds & @AOR BiGGzY96

4. Where was your last win in AOR?

A. Sonoma
B. Road America
C. Brands Hatch

@UrBaNz Octane x : Sonoma

Correct, you're 4 from 4

5. True or False?...You've driven a Mclaren in GT3 before?

@UrBaNz Octane x : False

Correct, and as Bon Jovi said...we're halfway there

6. How many seasons have you been teamates with AOR The Genius

A. 5
B. 6
C. 7

@UrBaNz Octane x : I think it's 6

Its actually 5, you've been teamates with him for GP2 Season 12, and GT3 Seasons 2, 3, 4 & 5

7. Where was your teamates last win at?

A. Canada
B. Austria
C. Great Britain

@UrBaNz Octane x : Great Britain just because he loves Britain

You're last teamates win was actually at Austria last season in GP2

8. Where did you qualify on your GT3 debut in Hockenheim

A. 1st
B. 2nd
C. 3rd

@UrBaNz Octane x : 1st

Correct, you qualified on pole position

9. Which of these circuits have you been most sucessful at?

A. Sonoma
B. Road America
C. Silverstone

@UrBaNz Octane x : Road America?

You're most successful circuit has actually been Silverstone, you've taken a win, pole positon and fastest lap at Silverstone in GT3, compared to Road America where you have only taken a win and qualified 4th

10. What number does your teamate race with?

A. 4
B. 29
C. 16

@UrBaNz Octane x : 4

Correct, looks like you'be been paying attention to the other half of the garage, @The Genius does race with the number 4

In the end @UrBaNz Octane x scored a total of 7/10

tune in next week where another driver will be picked at random for this

see ya in China everyone

-Midg3t

Last edited:

Finch

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015

A. 5
B. 6
C. 7

Its actually 5, you've been teamates with him for GP2 Season 12, and GT3 Seasons 2, 3, 4 & 5
Don't want to be a faff but he was also teammates in radical league :D

AOR BiGGzY96

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 8, 2014
GP2 Grill The Grid w/ @UrBaNz Octane x

Hello everyone, welcome to a new segment on the Press Area, Grill the Grid...if you dont know what this is all about, basically a driver is chosen at random almost each week to test their general knowledge on either their AOR stats and results, or possibly on their teamates etc etc

this weekend heading into the Chinese GP weve picked Mclaren's 2nd driver @UrBaNz Octane x

here were his questions he was asked

1. How many drivers that race in GP2 right now, have raced against you in GT3?

A. 4
B. 7
4. 9

@UrBaNz Octane x : 7! I think!?

Correct, the drivers you have raced against in both GP2 and GT3 are @Finch , @SF Schumri , @The Genius , @JordanMcGonigal , @t3hmightymidg3t , @Smithycity99 & @StubbornGymnast

2. Where was Mclarens last win in GP2 at?

A. Germany
B. Australia
C. Japan

@UrBaNz Octane x : For honda's sake I'm going to say Japan

Correct again, the last Mclaren winner was last season in GP2 when @StubbornGymnast took the victory on Honda's home soil

3. How many current drivers in GP2 (excluding Season 12 have raced in a Mclaren before?

A. 3
B. 6
C. 9

@UrBaNz Octane x : 6?

Yup, those drivers being @StubbornGymnast , @t3hmightymidg3t , @LC SPEED DEMON , @NillisLukins , @Taylor Reynolds & @AOR BiGGzY96

4. Where was your last win in AOR?

A. Sonoma
B. Road America
C. Brands Hatch

@UrBaNz Octane x : Sonoma

Correct, you're 4 from 4

5. True or False?...You've driven a Mclaren in GT3 before?

@UrBaNz Octane x : False

Correct, and as Bon Jovi said...we're halfway there

A. 5
B. 6
C. 7

7. Where was your teamates last win at?

A. Canada
B. Austria
C. Great Britain

@UrBaNz Octane x : Great Britain just because he loves Britain

You're last teamates win was actually at Austria last season in GP2

8. Where did you qualify on your GT3 debut in Hockenheim

A. 1st
B. 2nd
C. 3rd

@UrBaNz Octane x : 1st

Correct, you qualified on pole position

9. Which of these circuits have you been most sucessful at?

A. Sonoma
B. Road America
C. Silverstone

@UrBaNz Octane x : Road America?

You're most successful circuit has actually been Silverstone, you've taken a win, pole positon and fastest lap at Silverstone in GT3, compared to Road America where you have only taken a win and qualified 4th

10. What number does your teamate race with?

A. 4
B. 29
C. 16

@UrBaNz Octane x : 4

Correct, looks like you'be been paying attention to the other half of the garage, @The Genius does race with the number 4

In the end @UrBaNz Octane x scored a total of 7/10

tune in next week where another driver will be picked at random for this

see ya in China everyone

-Midg3t
i dont want to be a faff either but in terms of actual leagues i have never actually used the mclaren xD

AOR Midg3t

Jan 14, 2014
Grill the Grid w/ @StubbornGymnast

Hi everyone, i assume you all had an amazing 2 weeks break after the shitshow that was China, im here with another Grill the Grid after seeing the success that was the first questionnaire ive brought it back...this time with a Dutch AOR fossil going by the name of StubbornGymnast...so here we go

1. Who was th first ever Dutch race winner in AOR f1?? (XB1)
A. RiotOfRock
B. iPro x Steelers
C. F1 Rocket Red

@StubbornGymnast : B

it was F1 Rocket Red who won Australia in Formula 5 in Season 5

2. where was your teamates first podium in AOR F1 (XB1)
A. Belgium
B. Italy
C. India

@StubbornGymnast : A

Correct, his first win was Belgium in F1 waaaaaay back in Season 3

3. who took Force India's fist podium in AOR F1?
A. CPT Skin
B. Tiametmarduk
C. Mazy CZ

@StubbornGymnast : C

this is a tough one, but it was actually the most subscribed f1 youtuber so far...Tiametmarduk, back in Season 3

4. Where did you make your debut in AOR F1 and what place did you finish?
A. Australia & 14th
B Spain & 12th
C. Hungary & 15th

...it was actually A...you finished 14th in Australia in F5 Season 5

5. lets try to jog your memory shall we?...in AOR F5 Season 5 which 3 other Dutch drivers raced against you?

@StubbornGymnast : Recon di Eagle, F1 Rocket Red and thats all i can remember

another tough one, you got 1 out of 3...that being F1 Rocket Red...the others we were looking for were Semiround Door67 & eStyle Mclaren both back in F5 Season 5

6. Which number does NillisLukins race with?

A. 18
B. 20
C. 2

@StubbornGymnast : A

correct he does race with the number 18

7. True or False
Force India have won a Constructors Championship in GP2 before?

@StubbornGymnast : False

correct again, Force India have never won a Constructors Championship in GP2...the closest they came was 2nd

8. How an points did you finish last season with? (GP2 S11)
A. 131
B. 141
C. 151

yup, you finished the championship with a total of 151pts

9. since the hybrid era (2014-2016)
how many races have Force India won in GP2?

A. 3
B. 4
C. 5

close, but i was only 3...all coming in the same season...that being Season 9

10. Where was your last win in AOR F1
A. Brazil
B. Japan
C. Singapore

seems you've remembered from our last quiz, yup your last win was in Japan in Season 12

so... @StubbornGymnast scored a total of 5/10...placing him 2nd and 2 points away from @UrBaNz Octane x

1. UrBaNz Octane x - 7/10
2. StubbornGymnast - 5/10

StubbornGymnast

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
About question 5. I have been racing since season 1 on F1 2010 so i am confused you picked season 5? Im aware you couldnt know season 1 and 2. I think this minigames:joyful::rolleyes:

Finch

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
Qualifying:
So even before qualifying the big question was Super Soft or Soft? The Super Soft are quicker over 1 lap but they don't last very long whereas the Softs are about 0.8 tenths off Super Soft over 1 lap but they are the most ideal tyre to start the race on. @Jack Carr Riley set the early pace and put his car provisionally in pole position. The early pace setters set there laps on soft tyres with a few driver choosing the super softs. In the end @RC Hayasa set the fastest lap and starts on the front row ahead of @Stratis Ferrari .
XB1 F1 2016 Season 12 - Tier 2 Results - Google Sheets - Google Chrome 05_11_2016 01_04_41.png

Race:
@RC Hayasa had a good start and retained P1 but all the action was going on behind where @F1Maestro26 had a mechanical failure and collected @Nicolai Kehlet . Then into T1 @CP3ClippersJACK had a look up the inside but got closed off and crashed into @AOR BiGGzY96 ending his race. After lap 1 the order was jumbled up after turn 1 with some of the soft runners in the top 5 which helped there strategy a lot. On lap 2 entering the back straight @Stratis Ferrari and @Jorden Bicknell made contacted and both entered the gravel trap with @Suphrize Meh having his own spin just behind. This saw @Finch go from P13 on the grid to P5 and at the front of the Soft runners. As the race progressed and the Super Soft runners pitted @Finch took the lead of the race with @StubbornGymnast and @Jorden Bicknell following closely behind. Now onto the first pit stop for the drivers who started on Softs which saw the order change once again with @RC Hayasa leading the race but needing to do one more pit stop than the cars behind. After @RC Hayasa pitted @Finch gained the lead once again this time with @Suphrize Meh very close. As the 2 stoppers pitted for the final time @Suphrize Meh took the lead from @Finch although he had 9 seconds worth of penalties and @Finch had none. With 5 laps to go @StubbornGymnast was closing in on @Finch and he had already climbed 14 positions into 3rd place but the Dutchman wasn't here to finish 3rd. Onto the final lap and the gap between @StubbornGymnast was less than a second but he had picked up a 3 second time penalty which made it almost impossible to get past @Finch but 2nd wasn't out of the question because @Suphrize Meh had 9 seconds worth of penalties. As the front 3 crossed the line the order was 1: Finch 2: StubbornGymnast 3: Suphirze meh.
A great performance from @StubbornGymnast saw him gain 15 places! Which meant he would later win driver of the day. Finch wins the race which puts him back up the table after the engine failure going to the grid at Bahrain. @Suphrize Meh also got his second 3rd place of the season promoting him into P4 into the championship just behind @Bence Fehér who had a steady race at China and finished 4th promoting him into P3 in the championship. Mercedes also maintained their lead in the constructors to Red Bull although now it was only 22 points.
XB1 F1 2016 Season 12 - Tier 2 Results - Google Sheets - Google Chrome 05_11_2016 01_00_26.png