PS4 - GT3 Elite - Season 8 - Round 2 - Spa-Francorchamps 15/11/2017 @8pm UK-Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Elite - Season 8 - Round 2 - Spa-Francorchamps 15/11/2017 @8pm UK-Time

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
do we score bonus league points if we take them all out;) tbh my line take me pretty close on 2 of the corners so odds are I'm gonna hit 1 at some point unless someone else takes them out for me:whistle:

• Funny
Reactions: FOGGY #7

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Had my engine go pop lastnight after 2 laps with radiator at 75% had no aero damage and handnt bounced the car off the limiter and got no warning. Just something to keep in mind buts it's probably one of the many bugs that happens from time to time. I know @Barker95 had a strange engine blowup at imola

KrypticTMG

F1 2nd Driver
Apr 4, 2015
Had my engine go pop lastnight after 2 laps with radiator at 75% had no aero damage and handnt bounced the car off the limiter and got no warning. Just something to keep in mind buts it's probably one of the many bugs that happens from time to time. I know @Barker95 had a strange engine blowup at imola
I've also had these issue's in the past doesn't seem to make a lot of sense on why these things happen

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
☆ Announcement ☆

AOR & GT3 Elite Tier PS4.

Is very happy to announce - that we have gained the supreme talented services of @MrF1Radio as our official Live Commentator, for our Remaining races in S8 GT3.
This is Fantastic News for all involved and be sure to welcome MrF1Radio to the GT3 Elite Tier. :)

Last edited:

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
☆ Announcement ☆

AOR & GT3 Elite Tier PS4.

Is very happy to announce - that we have gained the supreme talented services of @MrF1Radio as our official Live Commentator, for our Remaining races in S8 GT3.
This is Fantastic News for all involved and be sure to welcome MrF1Radio to the Elite Tier. :)
Stress levels just reached a new all time high!

• Funny
Reactions: FOGGY #7

KrypticTMG

F1 2nd Driver
Apr 4, 2015
So this is what happened to me yesterday while practicing with my radiator open at 75% no damage and not even pushing flat out just 3 laps into a stint, the engine decided to die. Now i know ppl wanted to have mechanical failures on to stop the downshifts of doom but at this point i just think that its too buggy and in a sense why fix what wasn't broken in Season 7. Now if the game is simulating random failures that's great if your playing career mode but in league races it just doesn't work well.

So i fear for the engine at this track i started short shifting everywhere getting absolutely slaughter by the Ferrari's in sector 1 i'm talking almost a whole second its beyond a joke lol. I think the evaluation races was the time to test Mechanical failures. As i have stated before in the Audi to get time out of it you need to be up against the limiter in Ferrari you shift very early so it has even more of a advantage it takes less damage and you can push hard without damaging the engine as much its like Mercedes F1 vs Mclaren Honda lol.

Attachments

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
So this is what happened to me yesterday while practicing with my radiator open at 75% no damage and not even pushing flat out just 3 laps into a stint, the engine decided to die. Now i know ppl wanted to have mechanical failures on to stop the downshifts of doom but at this point i just think that its too buggy and in a sense why fix what wasn't broken in Season 7. Now if the game is simulating random failures that's great if your playing career mode but in league races it just doesn't work well.

So i fear for the engine at this track i started short shifting everywhere getting absolutely slaughter by the Ferrari's in sector 1 i'm talking almost a whole second its beyond a joke lol. I think the evaluation races was the time to test Mechanical failures. As i have stated before in the Audi to get time out of it you need to be up against the limiter in Ferrari you shift very early so it has even more of a advantage it takes less damage and you can push hard without damaging the engine as much its like Mercedes F1 vs Mclaren Honda lol.
Yeah it's happened to me in practice. This has been a concern of mine since we started planning the League. Like you say it's buggy and inconsistent to use with its current state. I need to speak to people today about this. But thinking the only sensible option would be to have it removed.
I will know more about this later today hopefully.;)

Last edited:

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
plus I feel some of these bugs are track orientated. That's a few of us who have had blown engines at the same track 2/3 laps in. The game still has major issues. I can't even use a setup on tt anymore as it only recognises the SMS stable and loose ones. Plus when I try and back out it don't let me and I have to close the application and restart game. Also not been able to save new setups I just get s massage "saying use of profanity"

CJBMX702

2 time AOR PS4 GT3 T1 Champion
Jul 17, 2016
For us Ferrari guys, we already got a advantage with the car we choose, if we take The Audi for example, you have to run close to 100% open radiator while Ferrari can use 50% without any worry of damage. Its a bit unfair imo.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Also not been able to save new setups I just get s massage "saying use of profanity"
Have you been online when trying to save? I've heard that you must be online to be able to save. I also had that problem with naming the setup.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@Carlw1986 @KrypticTMG @Sisuvoima10 @CJBMX702 @Goliatoh @Sapo001 @Dannyvdmeer @KungJarnix @Holtzmann @C-FOGARTY @NICK-NITRO @BearTaiko @Dev Nibor @Phoenix_ @jam_my21 @Javier Quilón @Wallgren
Since there have come more detailed info on the engine blow-up problem (some cars use higher revs and are more likely to have the problem), we need to turn the mechanical damage off until next patch (and some serious testing of course).
This will take affect from now on all PS4 GT3 leagues until me or any other moderator say anything different.