PS4 - GT3 Elite - Season 8 - Round 4 - Brands Hatch GP - 29/11/2017 - 8pm UK-Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Elite - Season 8 - Round 4 - Brands Hatch GP - 29/11/2017 - 8pm UK-Time

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Q:10
R:8
Wooooooohooooooo I didn't get disconnected and managed to finish a race. Was on for about p3/p4 in quali but made a mistake on my last lap so didn't have the time or fuel to go round again. Kudos to everyone in the first turn I think we all made it. I just held my
Line round the outside and followed @Dannyvdmeer till he went wide on he last corner. Then @C-FOGARTY spun and I was in p8 @BearTaiko was behind me for a few laps but I could see he was struggling for grip
Round the turns and I started to pull away. Then I was running the same pace as walter-79 so after that it was a boring race. @Carlw1986 was coming up fast after his earlier spin and had better pace so left him room to come round as defending would have held us both up and I was hoping to follow and get a tow but the 488 was to fast for me.good race in the wet with no spins or moments so happy with the result. Well done to the top 3 and everyone else.

Phoenix_

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Q: last
R: not last :D

That was a tough race. Although I didn't have the pace of others, it was going well and it was a good lesson on defensive driving. Fun to try and keep faster guys behind, was a good teaching lesson.

Then I had several incidents with @Dannyvdmeer and picked up damage front and back, and was even slower. Dropped the pace even further to the 34's and 35's and couldn't keep some guys behind anymore. It's ok @Dannyvdmeer, I flashed my lights because you cut in front of me and then went hard on the brakes and I had no where to go but to hit you. But it's cool, these things happen.

One thing was very frustrating in this race. Last time, in Algarve, I was reprimanded for exceeding track limits. I really played it safe today and staid in track limits, but saw so many times people exceeding track limits (going wide on Graham Hill and totally cutting Westfield bends, if I get the names right) that it was ridiculous. Crew Chief was constantly telling me other drivers were outside the track, some were repeated lap after lap :(

Just glad this race is done! And again, great broadcast!!

Last edited:

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
Q: 3
R: 7

Happy with my qualifying time, less happy with the race start and second corner where I got forced off the track by @CJBMX702. I immediately lost 2 positions going from 3rd till 5th and ended up with front damage which resulted in not being able to take some corners at the speed I wanted.
Lost a few more positions to @Carlw1986 and @KungJarnix, after that I just wanted to finish the race at 7th position.
By the end of the race I had to lap @theschmid who was lagging extremely and which made it very difficult to pass him cleanly. Overall a bit of an anticlimax for me, with 3rd in qualifying I guess I expected more from this race.

Here is the incident with @CJBMX702 :

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
Q. 4
R. 4

This was most interesting race for me in this series so far.
Weather could be anything - light rain to hard rain - and your lap times changes a lot between sessions.

I did my race setup for medium rain as for compromise to weather change.

Quali went well and I think weather was quite a same whole session.

Race went well again without any incident. At the start I lost couple position but after few laps (9) I was back on 4th.
After that rest of the race was kind of lonely as only couple lapping happened during race.
Still I really enjoyed it and time fly fast as you have to be 100% focused on driving and not make any mistakes.

Well done again @Sisuvoima10!

KungJarnix

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 21, 2016
Q:5

P:6

Went from having a good chance for a good qualy time to having a bad chance when the conditions of the race changed at the same day. I knew I had a 25-26 potential in the first couple of laps and really my setup was refined and evolved around that. 3 h of tweaking in the trashcan. Well I was glad to see that the qualy was so tight non-the less and was happy with my qualy time concerning the circumstance.

When the race started I knew I was in a bad spot. A lot of guys wanting a lot including me. Carried a lot of speed approaching druids and @KrypticTMG defended his line pretty late resulting for me that I had to hit the brakes and locking them up. Got a push from @CJBMX702 that put me out even wider (got aero damage) and @Carlw1986 finished the job with another push to the grass. So, I was behind with damage and loosing like 0,5- 1 sek per lap because I could not get the power down in the exit.

Further on I got in an incident with @C-FOGARTY when he braked early in the last lefthander. I tried to adjust the car but ended up touching him and giving me a lot of damage in the front wing. Now I was losing around 2 seek per lap. I considered a Pitstop, but it was not worth it and also the thought of working yourself up in the field with these conditions was awful so I sticked to what I got.

Passed @Wallgren for fifth position and just tried to hold a decent pace with what I got. Last 3 laps and @Carlw1986 did a terrific overtake at the right moment in my only mistake in the second lefthander leading out to the long straight. Tried to stick to him but his car was too fast, and he did not make any mistakes.

Good job guys! Congrats to @Sisuvoima10, @CJBMX702 and @KrypticTMG for the podium!

KungJarnix

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 21, 2016

Went from having a good chance for a good qualy time to having a bad chance when the conditions of the race changed at the same day. I knew I had a 25-26 potential in the first couple of laps and really my setup was refined and evolved around that. 3 h of tweaking in the trashcan. Well I was glad to see that the qualy was so tight non-the less and was happy with my qualy time concerning the circumstance.

When the race started I knew I was in a bad spot. A lot of guys wanting a lot including me. Carried a lot of speed approaching druids and @KrypticTMG defended his line pretty late resulting for me that I had to hit the brakes and locking them up. Got a push from @CJBMX702 that put me out even wider (got aero damage) and @Carlw1986 finished the job with another push to the grass. So, I was behind with damage and loosing like 0,5- 1 sek per lap because I could not get the power down in the exit.

Further on I got in an incident with @C-FOGARTY when he braked early in the last lefthander. I tried to adjust the car but ended up touching him and giving me a lot of damage in the front wing. Now I was losing around 2 seek per lap. I considered a Pitstop, but it was not worth it and also the thought of working yourself up in the field with these conditions was awful so I sticked to what I got.

Passed @Wallgren for fifth position and just tried to hold a decent pace with what I got. Last 3 laps and @Carlw1986 did a terrific overtake at the right moment in my only mistake in the second lefthander leading out to the long straight. Tried to stick to him but his car was too fast, and he did not make any mistakes.

Good job guys! Congrats to @Sisuvoima10, @CJBMX702 and @KrypticTMG for the podium!

Reactions: FOGGY #7

CJBMX702

2 time AOR PS4 GT3 T1 Champion
Jul 17, 2016

Sorry if you got hit on your end, there was no contact on my end. Maybe a lag issue.

Reactions: KungJarnix

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Qually - P8
Race - P10
Qually was another dissapointment :banghead: Got a banker in early, and knew a mid 29 was in my sights. Which would of put me round about 4th or 5th next to my Team M8 @jam_my21 , but made a complete hash of Sector 3 and had to settle for P8. Qually Was really tight and exciting :woot: looking back at our Live Footage. Brilliant stuff guys !;) Another Stella Commentry from @MrF1Radio thanks :)

Race
Got an ok start - but had already lost a position as we eased down Paddock Hill. By the time we reached Cooper straight, I was back into P8, then @Dannyvdmeer went very wide at Surtees and I eased passed for P7 lap 2. @jam_my21 was just ahead in P6 and was applying some early pressure. I was planning my attack as I had good race pace. @Carlw1986 made a mistake at Druids which pushed me up into P6 lap 3.
Lap 4 my race ended :facepalm: as I turned into Stirling's I Got rear ended with an almighty bang which rocketed me off the Circuit with heavy Aero damage . I dropped some more positions with my handling screwed. Last place now(n) and pitted end of lap 5 for repairs.
Come out of the pits a whopping 35 scs of last place and nearly a minute of the leaders. :( managed to claw back a few places as my race pace was good, and was matching the the leaders/Top 5. Which was hard to swallow as yet another race ends up in the forgotten memory bank. Made a few little errors pushing hard, but nothing serious. Had some fun chasing down other guys I was making headway with, Limped home for a dissaponting P10.
Great pace @Sisuvoima10 :stig::stig: and congrats for the win. Well done to the Podium and everyone who finished.
I'm really hoping my luck changes next race. Can't take it anymore.:arghh::arghh: :( fed up! Racers justice needed I think. Not decided yet :angelic:eek:_O

Last edited:

ESR_theschmid

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Q13
R13

That was a very bad start to a new league!
In the qualifing I didn't expected to be as slow as I was.

In the warming lap I saw that everything had a ping around 300 but it was me who had a bad internet conection. I think because of my lagging that @Phoenix_ hit my back and get 8% damage.
In the second corner I was lagging an other time and gets hit because of the lag and had an other damage...
After a couple laps loosing time I spin and hit the wall and had to pit to repair the damage. There I get a 10s penalty but don't know for what...
I left the pit and was 1min 30s behind the leaders how overlapped me.
I had the pace to fallow @KungJarnix during a couple of laps but realised that I hadn't calculate enough fuel for the race.
So I had to pit again and get a 40s penalty and I didn't know for what again...

Congratulations to the podium guys and I hope to be more competitive in the next race :)

Phoenix_

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Q13
R13

In the warming lap I saw that everything had a ping around 300 but it was me who had a bad internet conection. I think because of my lagging that @Phoenix_ hit my back and get 8% damage.
Oh, I didn't know that. On my screen I saw you lagging a lot, but I never hit you or got damage from you.
On one occasion your "ghost" showed up just in front of me and I just went over it, as I knew you weren't there.
Good that you sort out your connection for the next race @theschmid ;)

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Q13
R13

That was a very bad start to a new league!
In the qualifing I didn't expected to be as slow as I was.

In the second corner I was lagging an other time and gets hit because of the lag and had an other damage...
After a couple laps loosing time I spin and hit the wall and had to pit to repair the damage. There I get a 10s penalty but don't know for what...
I left the pit and was 1min 30s behind the leaders how overlapped me.
I had the pace to fallow @KungJarnix during a couple of laps but realised that I hadn't calculate enough fuel for the race.
So I had to pit again and get a 40s penalty and I didn't know for what again...

Congratulations to the podium guys and I hope to be more competitive in the next race :)
Your car was all over the place on my screen I ended up on the grass at one point and had to drop back. Thanks for slowing right down and letting me past in the end. Ain't seen a car lagging for a hole race before

Sisuvoima10

FR3.5, PS4 GT3 Elite S8 & Rally Pro Champion
Jan 16, 2017
Q:1
R:1

Boyaaah! Good quali and good race. Finally got a good weekend. I knew in quali that the track would get better at some point and just continued driving. During the last three minutes the track was at it's best. Manage to put a good lap together and grab the pole!

In race I managed to get a good start and started to build the lead. At some point it looked like @KrypticTMG would start to catch me but then did a mistake I think and he dropped to third. I tried to do as big as possible and was gutted when some 30 laps in my wheel did a weird snap to left and went wide at Sheene's. Gap came down to 5 seconds and had to start everything all over again. The car was very handful during the last few laps but still almost did my best time. I wasn't really pushing during the race but I tried to keep up the consistency. Won the race and it was a great and fun race.

Now we are heading to Laguna Seca. One of my favorite tracks. All ready checked that there is a tiny chance for me to wrap up the title in Laguna but I'm not really thinking about that. It will be the 100th birthday of Finland on the 6th of December. I'll try to do a good race!

Thanks for @mpc-v1 and @MrF1Radio for awesome stream and commentary!