PS4 - GT3 Elite -Season 8 - Round 6 - Monza GP - 13/12/2017 - 8pm UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Elite -Season 8 - Round 6 - Monza GP - 13/12/2017 - 8pm UK Time

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Their maybe a chance I will have to miss 2night:cry: might have to take my daughter to after hours doctors and can't phone up for an appointment till 6.30.

Wallgren

Pro Karter
Sep 17, 2017
I have to back out of this one. Its a new track for me and I have only done a few laps practice so won't be able to do any good.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Game wouldn't load setup in quali so it kept sending me out on a default with 50ltr, 1/2 secs slower. It did load race setup but couldn't avoid @C-FOGARTY spin so I picked up aero and suspension damage, had to hold the wheel off centre to go straight and had massive understeer but stuck it out for 22 laps. It was coursing massive wear and over heating so had to pit. Went back out and surprise suprise psi was not what I had set it to. Lost the will to race after that and I blame @C-FOGARTY for his usual spin :rofl:. All good fun tho(y)

Last edited:

CJBMX702

2 time AOR PS4 GT3 T1 Champion
Jul 17, 2016
Good race to figure out what car I want to use next season. Porsche, Ferrari, AMG, audi, all seem to be viable options next season. Maybe even the lambo. Be nice to see a diverse field next season.

• Agree
Reactions: NICK-NITRO

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Thanks for the practice fellas. It was a bit like the tortoise and the hare lol

Very good practice though......

Last edited:
Reactions: NICK-NITRO

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Thanks for turning up guys. Yep sorry for spin. @NICK-NITRO . I will sort a race out 2 weeks Wednesday if you fancy it. Probably open it up to all GT3 Tiers this time. Just to try and get a full grid.

Reactions: Manx57

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Good race to figure out what car I want to use next season. Porsche, Ferrari, AMG, audi, all seem to be viable options next season. Maybe even the lambo. Be nice to see a diverse field next season.[/QUOTE
Thanks for turning up guys. Yep sorry for spin. @NICK-NITRO . I will sort a race out 2 weeks Wednesday if you fancy it. Probably open it up to all GT3 Tiers this time. Just to try and get a full grid.
Long as you start at the back so you can't cause any trouble ;):rofl:

Phoenix_

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks for organizing @C-FOGARTY. It was a crazy race.

I just can't believe how fast CJB, Carl and Kryptic are. It's astonishing to see them racing on board, how smooth they are around the track, and how fast they are.
I'm still trying to figure out how could cjb break so much later than I could in the 911 and not overshoot the turn. I need to do a side by side comparison to check the differences in footwork. But this makes all of us push ourselves and up our game. Great sharing the track with you guys!

I think for the upcoming weeks my goal will be to stick to a track we already did, and use one of the videos from cjb or kryptic as teaching material, try to match their times.

Looking forward to the next season!

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Thanks for organizing @C-FOGARTY. It was a crazy race.

I just can't believe how fast CJB, Carl and Kryptic are. It's astonishing to see them racing on board, how smooth they are around the track, and how fast they are.
I'm still trying to figure out how could cjb break so much later than I could in the 911 and not overshoot the turn. I need to do a side by side comparison to check the differences in footwork. But this makes all of us push ourselves and up our game. Great sharing the track with you guys!

I think for the upcoming weeks my goal will be to stick to a track we already did, and use one of the videos from cjb or kryptic as teaching material, try to match their times.

Looking forward to the next season!
If you trail brake @Phoenix_ you can brake later, don't know if cj does but he is good on the brakes

Phoenix_

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
If you trail brake @Phoenix_ you can brake later, don't know if cj does but he is good on the brakes
I tried trail breaking yesterday, when preparing for the race, but I just kept on spinning the car. I feel that was easier to do in PCars 1.
And that's why I want to do a side by side slow motion comparison, to see those differences. I think it's the footwork, for both braking and accelerating. And yesterday also the racing line, Fuji is a tough track to get the race line right, specially in the last couple of turns.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
I tried trail breaking yesterday, when preparing for the race, but I just kept on spinning the car. I feel that was easier to do in PCars 1.
And that's why I want to do a side by side slow motion comparison, to see those differences. I think it's the footwork, for both braking and accelerating. And yesterday also the racing line, Fuji is a tough track to get the race line right, specially in the last couple of turns.
Yeah Trail braking is a difficult technique to get consistently right. It requires a lot of feel to ensure you’re getting the most out of all four tyres at corner entry, but when you get it right, your fast like cj and kryptic