• decrease the number of races

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • NOT decrease the number of races

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

Raigore

F1 Champion
Apr 19, 2016
I thought we should come up with some ideas for what we can change/add for the next GT3 season. But also maybe take a look back at the last season and see what was good and what could be improved.

First off all this was my first complete GT3 season at AOR and I really enjoyed it after all. Some things I really liked was the overall professionalism. That also includes for example how the "tire wear controversy" was handled, although there were alot of loud voices and a heated discussions, the coordinators took their time to get everybodys opinion and come up with a fair solution. But as we know there is always room for improvement and I would like to name some ideas.

1. Livery packs. We have to check how far we could go with this. For example are we allowed to use real brand names, logos. Also its not "allowed" to use custom liveries for some cars for example the McLaren MP4-12C.

2. Audi R8 LMS. I think this was discussed some time earlier and one of the reasons against it was that the game was still getting updates and it could lead to problems when an update is released that might not work with the older version of the mod. But as we are in the final version of the game now, that wouldnt be a problem anymore.

3. Going back to 10 races per season. Because I think that some people dropped out because its really hard to commit for such a long time and putting in the hours week to week. Plus with longer seasons it will leave more people in the middle of nowhere in the standings, what makes it even harder to put in the hours and may even lead to more and more no shows.

If you have any more ideas or suggestions, comment and I will add them to the poll.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Switch to being a Multi-class league!
We have the player base to make it work!

The 2 recent Multi-class social races have been fantastic!

Reactions: Soulah and estebano

Raigore

F1 Champion
Apr 19, 2016
Switch to being a Multi-class league!
We have the player base to make it work!

The 2 recent Multi-class social races have been fantastic!
As much as I like the idea, I think it would be best to run a different league for multi-class races, maybe even slightly longer races, 1.5 to 2h maybe, and therefore not run them weekly but maybe every 3-4 weeks so people have enought time to prepare.

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Wow, the R8 looks amazing! Didn't drive it yet because I didn't install it but I voted for yes, I'd like to see it instead of the old one :)

Nismo

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2016
I Think the custom livery idea is good, but you have to take in concideration this is a official Project Cars league. So that will probably mean we are restricted on taking a entirely different livery. What might be possible is change the driver names/numbers on the car to give the desired custom effect.

Fredde

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 16, 2016
I Think the custom livery idea is good, but you have to take in concideration this is a official Project Cars league. So that will probably mean we are restricted on taking a entirely different livery. What might be possible is change the driver names/numbers on the car to give the desired custom effect.
Yeah, this is just a first step to see if there's interest in it. Sms will have to give their 2 cents on this if we want to move further towards implementing it.
Their stance on it might be similar to when the user created liveries that are in the game now was being selected. You can read about it here.
But then again, just showing them off in the official leauge and not actually implementing them into the game might allow them to be a bit more liberal. We'll see..

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
As much as I like the idea, I think it would be best to run a different league for multi-class races, maybe even slightly longer races, 1.5 to 2h maybe, and therefore not run them weekly but maybe every 3-4 weeks so people have enought time to prepare.
@Raigore Wanna build a new league?
Monthly 2 hour Multi-class races? :) GO!

There was a thread for endurance races, and i think it was decided to keep it as social races, due to the stability of pCars...But, if ppl are willing to take the 'risk' we could build something?

Currently starting discussions about this, but don't want to de-rail the S6 topic.
Keep an eye on the endurance league thread:
http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/i-thought-that-we-should-show-interest-in-creating-an-endurance-league.14734/

Last edited:

Raigore

F1 Champion
Apr 19, 2016
I am currently planning on a event that we could use as a trial or in other words, this is what it might look like. I know that alot of people are afraid of stability issues BUT there were no dc's for the 2.4h Nürburgring and also no dc for the 2.4h LeMans. In both we stuck with not setting any laps in warmup after a fresh restart. So I think it should work fine.

Reactions: AndrexUK

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Ok, lets move this discussion to the other thread, as this looks like it will be separate from S6
Thanks

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
@Raigore Wanna build a new league?
Monthly 2 hour Multi-class races? :) GO!

Currently starting discussions about this, but don't want to de-rail the S6 topic.
There is a S6 topic ? Can not find it or is it not visible for normal members ?

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
OMG yes please!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1477247835][/DOUBLEPOST]If the GTR will be driveable on pad I shall take it straight away.

Reactions: Nismo