• Atticus

• TC92

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
Thanks to everyone who raced in Round 1 of the Season, now's time to vote for your driver of the week.

Voting closes Tuesday 9th of June (day before Spa) with the winner being added to the "Driver of the Week" thread.

Vote away and comment on your reasoning :)

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
I'll start us off:

My DoTW is @Diogo !

Recovered from early incidents to claim the race win, capitalising on the mistakes of others (ME! :facepalm: ), all in all a well deserved win on the night. Well done mate!!

Reactions: Diogo

Fatboy1791

Formula Karter
Feb 4, 2015
OK fair enough @Diogo did yes win the race but driver of the day no. This has a slight bitterness to it I know but I don't think saying someone deserved a race win because the person who would have won by 5 seconds if u take away the fact I had to sit at the end of the pit lane due to pens being on OK fair enough but after diogo making contact with me later in the race to pass me and then go on to create a 15 sec gap on me (which i was ok with 2nd was good enough for me) until my engine blows on lap 25. So without sounding harsh or bitchy. Diogo cannot be driver of the day due to winning the race through 90% luck. Sorry its harsh but the truth. He would not have won the race if lobby was setup correctly and a clean pass was made on me.

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
OK fair enough @Diogo did yes win the race but driver of the day no. This has a slight bitterness to it I know but I don't think saying someone deserved a race win because the person who would have won by 5 seconds if u take away the fact I had to sit at the end of the pit lane due to pens being on OK fair enough but after diogo making contact with me later in the race to pass me and then go on to create a 15 sec gap on me (which i was ok with 2nd was good enough for me) until my engine blows on lap 27. So without sounding harsh or bitchy. Diogo cannot be driver of the day due to winning the race through 90% luck. Sorry its harsh but the truth. He would not have won the race if lobby was setup correctly and a clean pass was made on me.
This thread's for you to vote for your driver of the week, not to go questioning other people's choices. It's extremely disrespectful towards both Shaw and Diogo. You have an issue with Diogo's driving? Take him to the stewards.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Shaw lXl

Fatboy1791

Formula Karter
Feb 4, 2015
I'll start us off:

My DoTW is @Diogo !

Recovered from early incidents to claim the race win, capitalising on the mistakes of others (ME! :facepalm: ), all in all a well deserved win on the night. Well done mate!!
This thread's for you to vote for your driver of the week, not to go questioning other people's choices. It's extremely disrespectful towards both Shaw and Diogo. You have an issue with Diogo's driving? Take him to the stewards.

I mean no disrespect to anyone. I just found it very disheartening to read that. Maybe it was the wording of it that got me "capitalising on the mistakes of others" is not intirly true.

I am fully aware it is only a game and it mean nothing really but when ur hard work seems unrecognised and praise is slightly misplaced (in my opinion) you might understand my slight frustration at seeing the post.

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
I mean no disrespect to anyone. I just found it very disheartening to read that. Maybe it was the wording of it that got me "capitalising on the mistakes of others" is not intirly true.

I am fully aware it is only a game and it mean nothing really but when ur hard work seems unrecognised and praise is slightly misplaced (in my opinion) you might understand my slight frustration at seeing the post.
Look mate, all I can do is comment on MY VIEWS of the race, I don't have the ability to see the race from all angles. As @Devastation said, if you have a problem or feel like @Diogo made an unfair pass on you, take it to the stewards.

When that's happened and I've been proved wrong, I'll consider changing my vote. It isn't advised to come in here all guns blazing because I've commented my personal opinion straight after the race.

You have one vote, I had an uneventful race, I seen Diogo slip down the places, then he won, who else would I vote for? Being serious, should I just pluck a name out of thin air? Just choose whoever I feel like?

Like I said, if any evidence comes to light then I'll obviously consider changing my vote. I personally will opt for clean and consistent drivers, rather than one-lap pace or run away winners.

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
I apoligise for my harsh reaction. A backlash from my frustration.
@Diogo @Shaw lXl @Devastation
The beauty of this weekly award is everyone will have different views on who they feel should win. I'm sure in the coming rounds the racing will settle down and we'll have some fiercely contested battles on the track.

No worries though mate, last night frustrated us all in different ways, not sure one individual came away with only positives. Onwards and upwards to Round 2 @ Spa :)

Reactions: Fatboy1791

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
bit hard to cast a vote as i don't have a clue what happened during the race lol

Diogo

Formula Karter
May 26, 2015
My DoTW is @Devastation , if im not confusing with another driver :)
From the start of the race he played clean and set a nice pace.Only near the end of the race he had a problem(i think his engine blew off or something) wich cost him his 1st win.

Atticus

F1 2010 Season 1 Veteran
May 4, 2015
From the start of the race he played clean and set a nice pace.Only near the end of the race he had a problem(i think his engine blew off or something) wich cost him his 1st win.
Devasation DSC lol

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
As Atticus said, Dev' didn' make the race start, so I've removed him from the poll (my bad). You'll be free to vote again :)

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
im a bit biased but, given the fact i qualified on pole by 4 tenths, had 2 BS time penalties and spun twice and had the time penalties not happened i would have been battling for the win. as i said im biased but i think i had an amazing drive tbh

Diogo

Formula Karter
May 26, 2015
Wrong repply sorry :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1433499190][/DOUBLEPOST]
As Atticus said, Dev' didn' make the race start, so I've removed him from the poll (my bad). You'll be free to vote again :)
Wrong Driver xD.Was it you Shaw IXI that had problems in the end of the race that cost you the win?
[DOUBLEPOST=1433499432][/DOUBLEPOST]My DoTW is @thelivingdead69 if im not mistaken again :).
He was the quickest in qualy and made a clean start.Had a nice pace until his car gave him problems and cost him his win.

Reactions: thelivingdead69

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Wrong Driver xD.Was it you Shaw IXI that had problems in the end of the race that cost you the win?
[DOUBLEPOST=1433499432][/DOUBLEPOST]My DoTW is @thelivingdead69 if im not mistaken again :).
He was the quickest in qualy and made a clean start.Had a nice pace until his car gave him problems and cost him his win.
tbh you deserved the win, im just gutted my chance to fight for it got taken away from me :( looking forward to our battles though. youve got some really good pace and consistency. looking forward to the rest of this season

Reactions: Diogo

Diogo

Formula Karter
May 26, 2015
tbh you deserved the win, im just gutted my chance to fight for it got taken away from me :( looking forward to our battles though. youve got some really good pace and consistency. looking forward to the rest of this season
ME too! Can´t wait for Spa next week!:)

Shaw lXl

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 28, 2015
Yeah I spun when I was 20+ seconds ahead and saving fuel & tyres and hit a wall. Wasted time running another full lap after it then my pit stop mucked up (wheel nut jammed and ended up with 60L instead of 20 of fuel)

Really lucky to finish 3rd tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.