PS4 - GT3 Pro League - S6 Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Pro League - S6 Main Thread

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016

This is the main thread for the GT3 Elite/Pro League - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
Event start: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

League Coordinator: @YabbaTheHutt
Race Host: @Griff1894
Back-up Host: @YabbaTheHutt

Drivers and Teams:

@Wimstradamus - [PSN: Wimstradamus]
@SnrMendonca - [PSN: snrmendonca]
@Archie619- [PSN: Archie619]
@Gary Waddell- [PSN: waddellgaz]
@YabbaTheHutt- [PSN: YabbaTheHutt]
@Griff1894- [PSN: Griff1894]
@Barker95- [PSN: xBarker95x]
@Play4Stefano- [PSN: Play4Stefano]
@NumptyNed- [PSN: NumptyNed]
@Salle_DK- [PSN: Salle_DK]
@Newy656- [PSN: newy656]
@Michel--NL- [PSN: Michel--NL]
@Bauwie-050- [PSN: VerstappenRacing]
@sp0rtl1fe- [PSN: sp0rtl1fe]
@TNR_FILO- [PSN: TNR_FILO]
@Chicolini- [PSN: Chicolini]

Reserves
1 @Aero Rich- [PSN: numbnuts70]

Last edited by a moderator:

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
OK guys Yabba has asked me to host this season as I am gt3 pro ping champion of the world so anyone who isn't friends with me on psn can you please hit me up with a friend request. My I'D is Griff1894. If anyone misses this I'll send requests out to who's left on Wednesday afternoon

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I will send FR to everyone tomorrow (tuesday) as well.

Last edited:

TNR_FILO

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2016
just to clarify, which rule set do you use to determine track limits?
  • 2 tyres on track, curbs count as track
  • 2 tyres within the white lines at all times.
Also will penalties be turned on? If no, and there's a case that needs to be reported who do we report to?
----------
I'm sure someone will stream it
I will probably be live streaming :)

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
The White lines are the track limits, and penalties are turned on but there is also the stewards panel if you still think something needs to be reported.

Reactions: TNR_FILO

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
just to clarify, which rule set do you use to determine track limits?
  • 2 tyres on track, curbs count as track
  • 2 tyres within the white lines at all times.
Also will penalties be turned on? If no, and there's a case that needs to be reported who do we report to?
Penaties and flags are on for all AOR league races.
When it comes to tracklimits I will post on that topic tonight :)

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Penaties and flags are on for all AOR league races.
When it comes to tracklimits I will post on that topic tonight :)
I'd like to think as long as you don't gain massive amounts of time it's not that big a deal. I've explored track limits here and found you actually lose a little time when you go off.

To me if the game doesn't give you a penalty and your not gaining a massive amount of time eg. skipping chicanes etc then it should be left alone. Otherwise you could be looking at a lot of steward reports which will end up with many Seb style messages to Charlie lol

Reactions: Michel--NL

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@Wimstradamus @SnrMendonca @Archie619 @Gary Waddell @Griff1894 @Barker95 @Play4Stefano @NumptyNed @Salle_DK @Newy656 @Michel--NL @Bauwie-050 @sp0rtl1fe @TNR_FILO @Chicolini @mzeleni8 @Aero Rich

Tonight is the start of season 6 in AORs GT3 league. This will take place at Spa which is a lovely track. However; PCars are struggling with the track limits on this track. In season 4 we had a lot of complaints and problem after the race. So I will review the whole race afterwards just to make sure that everyone are within the limits.
So what is the limits? The rules states that you should always have atleast 2 tyres inside the white lines. The picture below shows what is concidered as a violation of the rule. All 4 tyres outside the white line, not much but still outside.
upload_2016-11-23_13-40-5.png

There is of course a common sense to this. Is there an advantage made, did the driver keep the foot down, how many times in the race etc. My point is that I don't want to see this in the same corner lap after lap, and a driver who obviously is using this to gain an advantage will be reported to the stewards. The driver is then at risk of getting penalty points, quali ban or even getting disqualified from the race.

I don't think that any of you is planning on cheating. I just want to be straight with you that for Spa, I will do a review afterwards to see that everyone is driving fair and within AOR rules and with that, hopefully, not having the arguments and accusations that happened in S4 :)

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
I agree with Archie, I've found that running wide costs you more time than you gain round here. I also got a 60 second cut track penalty in the DTM last season after I lost the back end and hit a barrier so I think it's pretty self policing.

As for the lobby tonight I'll open it up at 7pm like yabba used to giving 45 minutes practice to those who want it ending with a 2 lap race to practice the start

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
There is only 2 real places that running wider than the track limits gains you time. One of them is Eau Rouge although you run the risk of the game giving you a penalty if your just an inch wider and the corner leading to the bus stop (cant remember the name) but again if your an inch too wide it gives you a penalty. Everywhere else has green astroturf so if you do go outside of the track llimits you cant get on the power properly until your off it losing you a few tenths.

Personally I wont be reporting anyone going beyond the track limit unless they use it to overtake therefore definitely gaining a proper advantage from doing so. I know ill probably be outside track limits at some point purely from pushing to the limit but I'll make a conscious effort to lift off if I'm aware I was well outside the limits. Plus what happens if your running wide due to heavy tyre wear?

I'm sure we have a sensible bunch of racers. I know from the S5 Semi-Pro guys we are a sensible bunch so I don't think even if people are going off the track a little that we wont complain too much

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Personally I wont be reporting anyone going beyond the track limit unless they use it to overtake therefore definitely gaining a proper advantage from doing so.
That was the problem in S4. People did gain an advantage by going wide in some corners at Spa at every lap of the race. They thought that no one will see and "the game didn't say anything". This caused a very heated "discussion" within the community with accusations flying everywhere.

In all races, it is the AOR rules that we drive after, not what the game says is a penalty or not. Just wanted to make sure that everyone is aware of this (Which I'm sure that everybody is) :)