PS4 - GT3 Pro League - S6 - Round 1 - Spa - 23/11/16 - 8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Pro League - S6 - Round 1 - Spa - 23/11/16 - 8PM UK time

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q p5
R p5

Nice clean racing guys (y)
Q was ok, happy with p5 after i saw the 1.15 in the practice Q :wideyed:
Race was ok couldn't really keep up with the front runners and made some small mistakes during the race.
In the opening laps i got under pressure from my teammate @Chicolini and @Michel--NL but eventually managed to drive away from them.
Until halfway the race @SnrMendonca was closing in on me and managed to pass me after i made another small mistake.
In the last 6 laps or so got to struggle with my tyres but managed to keep p5.

Not much action for me this race but a good season opener.
See you all next week.

Newy656

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
Premium Member
May 18, 2015
Quali, 3rd happy to start on the 2nd row, but stunning lap from @TNR_FILO To put his car on pole.

Race, 3rd start went OK slotting in behind @Garry Waddell but he got slow down penalty going through Eau rouge gifting me P2, but on lap 4 I messed up the bus stop allowing Gary & Archie through,
couldn't close the gap so fully expecting them to do a non stopper & knowing the z4's would probably have better tyres in the final laps I decided to pit on lap 14,

came out in 6th, & soon was in 4the chasing down @SnrMendonca who was now on worn tyres, we had a nice little battle almost side by side going up Eau rouge but I backed out but we both cut the track but mendonca got a penalty,

now in 3rd Archie was 24sec ahead, although I cut that by almost 10 sec there was never gonna be anyway of catching him. But well happy with a podium :)

Congrats to Gary & Archie on the 1-2, non pit strategy Def paid off

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
Surprised to see a Bentley in pole with a shocking 2.15 :woot: NOT surprised about my quali...

Well done! Great race with full grid, no retired, no disconnected, no serious accident, maybe the cleanest race I ever seen (y)

SPA is one of my favorite track and I fell in love for AUDI R8, but damn.. it s very hard to find the right setup, tyre wear is my nightmare!
P10 was a good placement and my pace was OK till I had to slow down because of tyre, no Handling and too much oversteering. I had to pit to fix damage and exit just in time to have 2/3 laps chasing @Griff1894

Top speed 170 kmh, not so good

@SnrMendonca can i test your setup?

SnrMendonca

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 20, 2016
Surprised to see a Bentley in pole with a shocking 2.15 :woot: NOT surprised about my quali...

Well done! Great race with full grid, no retired, no disconnected, no serious accident, maybe the cleanest race I ever seen (y)

SPA is one of my favorite track and I fell in love for AUDI R8, but damn.. it s very hard to find the right setup, tyre wear is my nightmare!
P10 was a good placement and my pace was OK till I had to slow down because of tyre, no Handling and too much oversteering. I had to pit to fix damage and exit just in time to have 2/3 laps chasing @Griff1894

Top speed 170 kmh, not so good

@SnrMendonca can i test your setup?
Course mate. You are my team mate after all!

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
(Qualifying - 4th) Thought I was set for a third place but completely messed up my final run and didn't have time for another lap so finished 4th which wasn't too bad.

(Race - 2nd) Got a decent start. Had to go defensive against @Wimstradamus down the long straight after a slow Eau Rouge. My tyres for the first few laps were horrible like driving on ice. Felt like I was trying to control an Asda trolley with a wonky wheel at times. Got past @Gary Waddell when he had a time penalty however he quickly caught me since I was struggling to keep the car in a straight line. Decided to let him past which turned out to be a huge mistake as on the next lap @Newy656 made a mistake at the bus stop and we both got past, then @TNR_FILO made an error which would have left me in the lead. At this point my tyres then decided to switch on and provide me with a bit more grip. From here it was a case of watching the rear end of Garys car while watching the battle behind. @Newy656 pushed me hard for a lot of laps until he pitted. There was then discussion in the Team O'Glock camp of what to do. After some tactical discussion and calculations I stayed out and managed the tyres as best I could while trying to build the gap to @SnrMendonca in 3rd. I then saw @Newy656 appear as the 3rd place and the time falling however with 2 laps to go I coasted it to the finish in 2nd

Going to be a lot closer this year I think. Some tracks on the calendar that I don't like too much where I know ill struggle. Bathurst next being one of them. Good race and good result for Team O'Glock. Only thing that would have made it better would have been Moe turning up and beating him too lol

Gary Waddell

1-time AOR PS4 GT3 Pro Champion
Jun 18, 2016
Q:2nd
R:1st

I wasnt too happy with my quality time, but I would never have got close to that pole time anyways, so it didnt make much difference.

An interesting race as I didnt have a feel for what my new competitors strenghts would be. I got a decent start and was putting @TNR_FILO under a bit of pressure. I got a bit sideways into eau rougue, culminating in a corner penalty which totally screwed me up the hill briefly dropping to 5th place. 1-2 laps later I settled in and was all over @Archie619. Being the genleman that he is, he let me past rather than ruin my race - top bloke!
Soon afterwards, both cars in front made errors and I was in first :). From here, I just had a clean/smooth race. I had to do a bi of coaching for @Archie619 convincing him pitting on lap 14 is a bad idea - he wasntl likely to make up 30s+ in 12 laps, so he is quicker sticking with the 0 stop strategy.

Onto the next race, where I have unfinished business. In S5 I was easily the quicker member of Team O'Glock, yet @Archie619 came off with the win (mainly down to my 3 pit stops due to damage). Revenge will be sweet.

TNR_FILO

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2016
Superb race! Having only just qualified for this league, i was really surprised by my one lap pace. I spent quite a lot of time just driving around spa just to get a feel of the car and the game. The car felt excellent pre qually. I guess the change in race date really threw my car setup off. The increase in track temp made it very hard for me to maintain solid temps mid race.

Once the Top 3 guys passed me it was really clear i had no pace. Excellent drives from the Z4 team, that i believed 1 - 2ed the race and that Aston for 3rd, there was no catching you! I would have loved to of tagged a few guys for their very kind driving but still new these forums.

Bauwie

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 24, 2016
I couldnt join yesterday, i tried joining but didnt work... I tried logging on here, didnt work either, turned out our internet just shutdown... I will be able to participate next week though.

• Informative
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q 7
R 6

This was my first time racing Project Cars with AOR. Thought I qualified somewhere at the end of the starting line, but to my surprise I was in the middle :).
The race itself wasn't much excitement. Really struggled with the tires from mid race. At the end of the race had to keep @Salle_DK from my back. I think he was waiting for an error made by me and what I did at the end :(. Btw what happend to you at the last lap?
Glad I made it to 6th place.

Creating a video with live timing in it. Expect it around this weekend to be finished.
temp.jpg

Salle_DK

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 8, 2016
Think I was getting tired after a long day...
and frustrated that more benefited by running beyond the white lines ... I could not keep up...
and of course annoyed by my own bad start ... But overall it was a really great race and I look forward to Wednesday and more great racing with you all..
;)

Salle_DK

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 8, 2016
Q 7
R 6

This was my first time racing Project Cars with AOR. Thought I qualified somewhere at the end of the starting line, but to my surprise I was in the middle :).
The race itself wasn't much excitement. Really struggled with the tires from mid race. At the end of the race had to keep @Salle_DK from my back. I think he was waiting for an error made by me and what I did at the end :(. Btw what happend to you at the last lap?
Glad I made it to 6th place.

Creating a video with live timing in it. Expect it around this weekend to be finished.
View attachment 14562

How do you get the names on your screen mate...? (left side of your picture)... i have never seen that before, so i hope you can help me.... ;)