PS4 - GT3 Pro League - S6 - Round 2 - Bathurst - 30/11/16 - 8PM UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 GT3 Pro League - S6 - Round 2 - Bathurst - 30/11/16 - 8PM UK time

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Round 2 - Bathurst
GT3 Season 6

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 30th November 2016
45 minute free practise and 2 lap test race starts: 7:00 (UK time)
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 29 Laps

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slots:
- Overcast

In-game time-of-day information (x2 time progression):
- Qualifying time: 08:00
- Race start time: 08:00
- Race finish time: 10:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Not a track that have been kind to me... Slightly nervous about this one :nailbiting:

Chicolini

Formula Karter
Aug 11, 2016
Yeah also for me. I don't aspire a top finish here, but staying out of trouble is my goal.

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
I hate this track, I jumped on for a few laps last night and managed a 2:09:500 but I just struggle to finish a lap cleanly.

• Agree
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

mzeleni8

Formula Karter
Nov 9, 2016
Holy hell that downhill mountain section is a stuff of nightmares.

Any good setup for a rookie :), where do you get your setups anyways, I'm not exactly an expert with mine so I find them online and tweak them a bit.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I think I won Bathurst last season purely from keeping it out the barriers. I wasn't the quickest by far but I seem to have the ability to be consistent.

Not looking forward to this one. Might attempt to make a new setup that's a bit more stable on the uphill and downhill sections

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
I will happily give up some top end if I can make the car more stable in the downhill section.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Is there a track similar to that crazy hill?
I would say that Nordschleife is equal in bumps, corners where you can't make a mistake without crashing and long straights. Can be a good start. Bathurst is also a track that learning the track is very important (braking points, turn in, apex) to be able to dare to go fast. And of course, watch videos on other people driving there. Maybe you pick up something ;)

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
@YabbaTheHutt I suggest to forbide overtake in first lap and consider overtaking rules/zones as we did in last season.
I hope I was helpful...

I copied and paste this from S5 thread:

***Last year we had a special rule that I think was very good: It was NOT allowed to overtake in the uphill or the downhill section of the track, only on the top of the hill at the the 2 short straights between uphill and downhill. This because the track is like Monaco in this section, tight with walls nect to the track. And with 2 really long straights where overtaking is much safer I propose that we do the same this season.
Why don't you test the track and see what you think. Is this a good idea or not?***

***Thanks to the fact that the track is very narrow I suggest that we don't overtake each other in the uphill section or the downhill section of the track. It is very easy to hit a wall, spin and stop all traffic. My suggested areas of no overtaking is:
From corner 3:

Up to the top of the mountain where there is to small straights with a bit more room:

At the sign where the downhill starts, No overtake:

After the downhill section we can start to overtake each other again:

So what do you think? Does this kill the racing or does it help to keep us from crashing?

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@YabbaTheHutt I suggest to forbide overtake in first lap and consider overtaking rules/zones as we did in last season.
I hope I was helpful...
I think it's a good idea to at least be very careful with overtaking in these zones. It's very tight between the walls in the uphill and downhill sections and it's hard to avoid them being alone...
What do you others think?

Chicolini

Formula Karter
Aug 11, 2016
I suggest to forbide overtake in first lap and consider overtaking rules/zones as we did in last season.
I hope I was helpful...
I do understand your concerns but in my opinion we should not implement rules about where to overtake and where not. That is not what racing is about. Of course the uphill and downhill section are very tricky, but with the use of common sense it is clear that overtaking in this area is not a good idea in general. So I don't think many of us will try this anyway.
Yes, maybe is will become safer and the risk of crashes wil reduce if we apply these rules, but for example if someone in front of me is much slower in the hill section, but faster in the fast section I cannot pass him during the race, altough maybe I can get faster overall laptimes.
It is basically the same situation as Monaco. It is just a fact that overtaking is almost impossible so everyone should take into account that this is very risky. Just a characteristic of these kind of tracks where we have to deal with.
If a driver causes crashes because of wreckless driving/overtaking we should bring that to the stewards afterwards, just like during every other race.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
It's all about using common sense. If someone goes a bit wide and leaves a gap I'll be going for that gap and if its the last lap and theres a hint of a gap I'm going for a lunge lol I might even pull a Maldonado and just invent a gap when its not even there :joyful:

We have a good bunch so I don't see any need to implement the no overtake zone. I don't think we used the zone last season. I remember Gary and I having a few close calls around those sections and never touching.